1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Scoring Civilizations(GS)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lily_Lancer, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Ownsya

Ownsya Warlord

I think you missed synergy score for Australia.

Canada too.

Interesting ratings.

Lily_Lancer likes this.
  2. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Prince

The best unit for stealing settlers should not get a -1. Are you using unsigned integers and this is really the highest score?

3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Thanks, corrected and reduced one more score for Canada.

You know on Deity they're almost always in a formation,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  4. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Dutch:
    Radio Orangje: 3
    Grote Riverien: 18, Aha, the bonus doesn't apply to Holy Sites
    De Zeven Provincien: 13
    Polder: 3 The requirement to build them is too strict, though provides significant yield.

Synergy: Grote Riverien and Polder: 0 The culture bomb gives you land for Polders, however I still give it a 0.

Overall score:37

5. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

England
    Workshop of the World: 36, very good late-game bonuses. The +4 works for +100% card so a research lab grants 24 science under +100% card and power.
    Also Dams/Canals cost only 53 for the military engineer thing, really cheap Dams/Canals. Sometimes even 26 since the congress -50% applies to military engineers.
    Still, the problem is that, they come too late.

Also, military engineers can chop. For Britain just use them to chop.

Sea Dog: 1
    Royal Navy Dockyard: 16, Half price harbor is always appreciated if you can get free inquiry. Also Harbor is the strongest district in GS.
    Court of Love:10
    Pax Britannica: 5, not really useful since it only gives you a navy when you finish a RNDY, while if you're not England then you won't get that Navy, and you only get those off-continent settle things, which may come really late,
    Redcoat: 9

Synergy: Redcoat and Pax Britannica: 4
    Pax Britannica and Royal Navy Dockyard: 25 This is game-changing.
    Pax Britannica, Royal Navy Dockyard and Workshop of the World:1 cheap canals make lake navy sometimes useful.
    Pax Britannica and Royal Navy Dockyard and Sea Dog: 0 , We want frigate, not dogs

Eleanor's England: 63
    Victoria's England: 97

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Attakuiu and Archon_Wing like this.
  6. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

I dont agree with many synergies here. How these got 0 from synergy?

fe.
    Australia
    Outback Station synergises with unique ability because unlike mines it does not decrease appeal.

Cree
    Favourable terms is nothing usefull without Mekewap. Not only give huge housing to utilize this food, but also make tons of gold, so you dont trade external and still are the richest in the world except Mali.
    This is one of the best synergies in game IMO

Kongo
    really no synergy here? really?

BTW
    Where do these numbers come from? Any methodology? Because 1 for Mountie is nothing but a joke

I really respect you can do crazy early wins and post a lot of threads I can learn sth useful, but when I find among it sentences on the border of absurd like:
    - you can have multiple cities with 500+ production in renessaince (?) era (unique improvemnt elimination thread)
    - there is no synergy in Cree and Kongo set
    - great admirals are much stronger than merchants (harbour vs CH thread)
    I really need some clarification why you think so and what is wrong in my understanding. I am really not an expert, but would like to know where I can improve. Like I can improve from Victoria's posts

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Noble Zarkon and Pure24 like this.
  7. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

The era system is broken and on "Renaissance era" (standard or above speed) people are usually teching at future tech and future civic, is it clear enough to answer your question?

The value of Great Admiral mainly come from 2 points

1: They can lead troops, a classical GA can lead troops of all ages like GG
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sun-tzu-leading-field-cannons.650224/

2: They can gain bonus when they retire. Their retire bonus are better than that of the merchants.

Am I explaining clear enough?

I don't think Outback Stations contradict to mines since they are built on different terrains. There's no place for you that can either build an outback station or build a mine.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 11.52.27 AM.png Great Admirals are really good if you have played some games.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  8. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Gerogia:
    Strength in Unity: 3 Give it 1 score for it is the best civ for Score Victory. Era points count for scores, and those dedications grant you unlimited golden age points, therefore a lot of extra scores. Another score come from +50% towards walls. The 3rd score comes from the real use of the golden age points(since on online speed golden age point is tight even on later eras)
    Glory of the World: 6 Actually strong against someone who attacks CS. However you need to Suzerain a CS before starting a protectorate war. And there shall also be someone who dare attacking your CS. Double envoy on CS with your religion, no idea. You shall found a religion, spread it to CS, keep the CS following your religion, then send envoys to them.
    Tsikhe: 0 A Unique at this place bans your access to 4 Golden age points. (Oh, maybe I shall give a default value to uniques according to their place on tech line. Earlier uniques even without bonuses seem strong since they grant extra Golden Age points)
    Khevsur: 6 Much better than Berserkers.

Synergy: Tsikhe and Strength in Unity:0 At +150% rate if you need Golden age point maybe a Tsikhe is the best investment.

Overall Score: 15

9. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Germany:
    Holy Roman Emperor: 23, this is the strongest feature for Germany. Yes, +7 against CS, so you can still go rush them with archers or horsemans even if they start with ancient walls. If you find a useless nearby CS (for example, Jerusaleum, especially when the CS is equipped with a natural wonder) and you have some better CSs to invest just wipe it out.

(That's also an example of Canada being really bad since war against CS is always surprise war. As Canada you must wait until someone Suzerain that CS, denounce that Civ, wait 5 turns, then start your attack. If that Civ lose the Suzerain status you automatically make peace with the CS and you have to declare war on his second Suzerain. The worst case is that 2 Civs having same number of envoys on that CS, then as Canada you cannot even declare on that CS.)

1 military slot is also really good.

Free Imperial Cities: 12
    U-Boat: 0 (Maybe I really shall give it a negative score)
    Hansa: 5

Synergy: Hansa and Free Imperial Cities: 2

Overall Score: 42

10. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Greece:
    Acropolis: 35, Really good district, its strength is half as much as Seowon, really strong.
    Plato's Republic: 28, a wildcard means you can start running the GP policy really early.
    Hoptile:5
    Surrounded By Glory: 17, Oh, Social Media at T0.
    Thermopylae: 24, really quick early game culture.

Synergy: Surrounded By Glory and Acropolis: 17
    Thermopylae and Hoptile:0

Pericle's Greece: 102
    Gorgo's Greece: 92

11. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Russia
    Lavra: 35, Really good district. Combining the strength of Lavra and Acropolis you may even reach the power of Seowon, really amazing.
    Mother Russia: 42, It gives you early faith so you get your pantheon just second to Indonesia, also, 8 additional tiles.
    Cossack: 15, Hey Redcoat and Garde Impale, what are you good for?
    The Grand Embassy: 5

Synergy: Cossack and Lavra and Mother Russia: 1 Yes they yield a lot of faith and can be used to purchase Cossack. However you can also use those faith for any other military units as well. I'll only give 1 score for this Synergy.

Overall Score: 98

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  12. Attakuiu

Attakuiu Chieftain

Wow I never consider the strength of the "new" Victoria post patch.. With this rank, England is a top 10 civ. I will try it in this weekend on MP.

13. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Not for beginners I suppose.

I can get more than 50% of the classical golden, however I'm using up all my skills to get that record. Victoria says he gets that only 10% of the times. You really need to have a wide look at era scores.

As a Harbor-based and Frigate-rush Civ Victoria really needs the classical golden to maximize her strength.

14. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Norway:
    Thunderbolt of the North: 160
    Knarr: 12
    Berserker:0
    Stave Church:0
    LongShip: 19

Synergy: Longship and Thunderbolt of the North: -10 Longship itself can coastal pillage, no need of Thunderbolt of the North. However the +50% and bonus to pillage helps
    Thunderbolt of the North and Knarr: 22 Global Pillagers, let's go!

Overall Score: 203

15. criZp

criZp Emperor

Thunderbolt pillaging also applies to the caravel, the ironclad and the destroyer.

16. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Saw this in the files. Wish all infantry had this rather than oil
    <!-- TODO:/REMOVE: Need to bring in Austrialian content! <Row UnitType="UNIT_DIGGER" ResourceCost="10" ResourceMaintenanceType="RESOURCE_NITER" ResourceMaintenanceAmount="1"/> -->

MrRadar and Sostratus like this.
  17. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Nubia:
    Pitati Archer: 20
    Kandake of Meroe: 18
    Ta-Seti: 45
    Nubian Pyramid: 0 It is rather bad in GS since desert floodplain provides 0 yields instead of 3.

Synergy: Kandake of Meroe and Nubian Pyramid: 4
    Ta-Seti and Pitati Archer: 15

Overall Score: 102

18. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Just be aware lily ranking Victoria is based on online speed.

19. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Mongolia:
    Mongol Horde: 13
    Keshig: 1
    Ortoo: 57
    Ordu: 3

Synergy: Ortoo and Mongol Horde: 5 , Every strength increment makes another strength increment much better.
    Ordu and Mongol Horde: 4, Without Mongol Horde Ordu is not that good.

Overall Score: 83

20. Attakuiu

Attakuiu Chieftain

I play only on online speed in SP and MP, so that's perfect !