1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. StrideColossus

StrideColossus Warlord

2. George Abitbol

George Abitbol Prince

This. Just consider the tile where the University is built is the "Oxford" district and it's fine:) Like all the districts in fact, which seems small suburban towns (harbor district > Ostia, etc)

3. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

There was a thread related to trading great works, but I can't find it, so I post it here. In newest episode of PCGamesN playthrough, they actually BUY great work for 20 gold (after refusing paying with open borders). It is not clear whether its a permanent thing though.

Spoiler :

4. George Abitbol

George Abitbol Prince

It was show in a previous playthrought (with France I guess) where Teddy was obsessed by a Relic (a skull) and was constantly trying to buy it for 20 gold.

5. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

I hope it's a bug where the AI values it wrongly and that after they fix it the price should rather be 600 gold.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

6. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

I know, it happened also to Marbozir, my point was that here they actually bought it.

Yep, this is another thing. It seems totally off.

7. Acken

Acken Deity

They seem to be really scared of allowing slinshots with all the free techs and eurekas being random.

While on one hand slingshot arent great Im not so sure randomness is cooler.
    If the problem is getting free techs... why not simply not have free techs.

8. fmm

fmm Warlord

By the way, Arioch's list of wonders (http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_cities.html#wonders) is missing the effect of Great Zimbabwe, which we've known for a while:

From http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=569147.

So the wonders we still don't know about are:
    Broadway
    Christo Redentor
    Estadio de Maracan√£
    Syndney Opera House
    The wonder unlocked at Opera and Ballet (Bolshoi Theater?)
    The wonder unlocked at Natural History (The Hermitage?)

9. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

This ^^^^^

I play marathon on huge maps and so I like my games being slow and epic; but I am looking forward to the tinkering with 1UPT in VI.

10. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

Did we have this info on forts before?

Also, it says "Roman fort", so could standard fort be different (less powerful)?

Spoiler :

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's probably the special version for the Legion available earlier and otherwise indistinguishable.

12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

No ... also, +4 defense seems pretty lame, so I really don't hope normal form is even less powerful?

13. fmm

fmm Warlord

Maybe forts only benefit whoever "owns" them?

14. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

How is it lame?

+4 alone seems to have solid impact from what we've seen.

But you also get automatic fortification bonus for any unit standing there. Which means that you can replace (heavily damaged) unit which was defending a choke-point with next one (fresh) and still get the fortification bonus same turn - which was impossible in Civ 5, if I understood it correctly (I always thought fortification bonus applies from the next turn on).

15. Xur

Xur Prince

A constant buff is actually a lot better. This means that the early game will benefit from forts, and late game wont be getting much use of forts. Who uses forts today? No one... yet another good change.

16. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

+4 seems lame considering that a swordsman has something like 35 in CS if I'm not mistaken - so this is roughly a 10 % bonus. You might have a point about the instant fortification bonus being valuable, I never really looked into the specifics on how the Civ5 version worked, but the text says +50 % combat strength for defending unit which to me seems a whole lot better than +4 flat bonus even if you don't get to fortify on the fist turn (couldn't you do that if you had a road, or did it take a full turn to fortify?).

17. fmm

fmm Warlord

People are forgetting that strength in Civ 6 is no longer about ratios but rather absolute differences.

18. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

You guys have been locked in the prison for last month or what? How could you possibly not know known details about battle calculations in Civ6 :D

As far as we know there are only +X bonuses in Civ6, and battle outcome depends on difference between units strengths, not ratio. I.e. 40 vs 30 equals 80 vs 70, not 80 vs 60. So fort is equally valuable in the late game and +4 should make a difference.

19. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

Fortification bonus + 4 strength just from standing in the fort is extreamly powerful. In total that is maybe +10 strength or so (do not know how much the fortification bonus is).

A legionary standing in a fort is pretty much unkillable, it will have like 50 strength and it can even attack from the fort while still keeping the fortification bonus so the enemy can basically not counterattack it. This mean a few legionaries in forts can block a whole army.

20. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

It's unlikely you can build forts in enemy lands, but if you could, you could do some really cool recreations of the Siege of Alesia :lol: