1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. bison21

bison21 Warlord

But hemp is a major production chain for Anno1404. I think they could also get away with some plants as long as they use it for health purposes rather than "1 Weed per tile=+1 happiness for every 10 citizens in your empire"

2. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

The costs shouldn't outweigh anything really. The plant itself actually has a wide range of uses outside of its psychoactive or medicinal properties. Its usefulness in textiles is actually so great that the cotton industry played a vital role in campaigning against its legalization

3. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Yeah I think they can get away with hemp as a resource, for rope making and other things. Which is what the plant was used for historically.

Marijuana as a luxury is just not going to happen though. Too controversial.

4. Haig

Haig Deity

21 pages from those 3 screenshots.

Maybe they throw us another bone next week or something is released from Quill18's mysterious trip. I love the speculation when a new Civ/expansion is announced, but these dry days are not fun...

5. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Yeah. Ive been having a blast firing up civ5 again. Gave me impetus to finish a game I had left in a mess back in January.

6. Haig

Haig Deity

Right, I've found starting Civ V too hard as I long for the new mechanics of VI... it was same with Civ IV when V was announced.

Still there's something I have always planned to do but haven't: Celts game with loads of city-spamming and being a religious powerhouse. Try to get motivation up again.

7. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

I like the screenshots so far. I personnally like graphics with kind of visible demarcations around(like cartoons).

I'm the kind of guy that don't really care about realism level. Pictures are zoomed a lot. With higher view it shouldn't be that bad.

There is a lot of unique buildings showed too. They seems to properly occupy some tiles, meaning that we will probably have to litterally defend them(which i relly like!). Cartoonish graphics help to distinguish them rapidly.

8. daft

daft The fargone

Hemp would be a good addition, talking about the textile use of course.
    Tobacco used to be in, don't see why not bring it back, just make it gradually lose the profit it brings in overtime (after the initial boom) as populations/governments realize smoking the stuff ain't so good for their health.
    I want pigs in! My favorite food resource in CIV!
    Peat was in CII, maybe they can bring it back?
    How about Vanilla? Pepper? Cinnamon? Saffron? Tuna? Teak?
    Whale Oil (train oil-traan) used to be important.
    Workers could create fruit tree gardens(nurseries) for more added food and commerce.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

well in regards to the fruit thing it looks like there's a plantation of some kind in the far left of the first screenshot, probably bananas.

10. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Strictly speaking, these are covered by "Spices," but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the more lucrative spices--vanilla, pepper, saffron, cardamom--given their own resource. Tea and coffee really should be added, too.

11. nunor

nunor King

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I notice that one of the tooltips references the cliffs for some reason.

13. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Crab, fish, stone, deer, whale, rice, tea, cotton, orange/citrus, ivory/elephants, milk/cows confirmed as resources.

14. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It seems to refer to the tile's name more than the tile's properites, it's still referred to as Grassland Hills.

15. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Looks like La Venta is in as a City-State.

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'm at "work" and can't watch the videos at the moment, but I'm loving the mechanics implied by these screenshots.

17. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

18. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

19. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

OMG. the ROADS are ASPHALT in late game :D

YAAAAY

My only issue with districts is that their appearance is always the same and doesn'tseem to be influenced by Cultural Diversity. If you retain the color schemes (Campus is Blue, Cultural is Pink)then surely they could implement unique styles for Districts as well.

20. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Well, there IS a cathedral in this religious district, and not a pagoda. :p
    Also, wasn't it said that there will be unique appearances at least for units eventually? Maybe only partly done, noticed the spearman looked kinda Chinese in the video, but not the other units. Edit: Nevermind, now that I saw the close-ups they look more like generic bronze age of Conan. :p