1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Also, there's no dinosaur bones by the Museum in this screenshot.

2. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Oh, that was it what I meant with housing, I forgot how it was called. :p

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I'd say that's a second/another city.

Housing is the number of population a civ can have (there's a cap now like in older games).

4. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

It looks like town/village.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

It's defeniately a city, it's literally surrounded by tiles and is out of reach of the main city

6. Eagle Pursuit

The Mashable article from a few weeks ago mentioned a Neighborhood improvement that increases the population cap. I believe that's what the green tile improvement is. It is only houses and a water tower. It looks like a suburban neighborhood.

7. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Pretty sure that's the suburbs improvement discussed in some of the earlier articles.

Edit: ninja'd by Eagle :)

8. TheMarshmallowBear

OH MY BAD

I was looking at the town on the left, not the the suburb on the right. My bad.

>.> *hides*

9. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

From the screenshot with the fight against the barbarians, warrior gets a bonus against spear and pike men.

I guess this will create a rock, paper scissor mechanic where warrior beats spearman, spearman beats horses, horses beats archers and archers beats warriors.

10. TheMarshmallowBear

Anything that makes me build other units.

11. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

The other one (+7 for attacking melee and ranged units) looks more like a policy/promote thing?
    Also, the warrior has double the strength as the second city.

12. Haig

Haig Deity

This close-up to Roosevelt's face is kinda unsettling, maybe it's just a placeholder:
    Spoiler :

13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Yes the warrior gets a bonus against the spearman. But you will also note that the warrior's base strength (20) is less than the spearman's base strength (30). The spearman is severely wounded (-10) and the other modifiers are the reasons why the warrior beats the spearman.

14. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

Pretty sure this is the "Neighborhood" improvement said to increase population cap.

Clearly an airport, but wondering whether it is a district or an improvement. If it's an improvement, having more than one might increase air unit capacity? If it were a district, what buildings would go in it?

The UI looks pretty nice, even at this early stage.

15. Hajee

Hajee Prince

Thought the same thing about the airbase. If district maybe it can hold a AA build, and radar? They said most districts hold 4 to 5 buildings, so I guess as a district it would play nice for air defense for the city, surrounding districts

16. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Not from the screenshots but the video feed which showed UI had this; Posted on the day/night thread.

17. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Do you suppose it could be a modern era encapment?

18. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

^ that looks like a military hanger. Those green tents seem to suggest military. There's also that guardtower like structure. World War II era airbases might look like that.

A civilian airport would not have those green tents, the utilitarian aluminum hanger, or the guard tower. The question is of course whether they will have civilian airports as a separate path from military airbases now that we can build encampments.

19. Eagle Pursuit

I think it's a district specifically to base military aircraft.

20. AerisDraco

AerisDraco Chieftain

It seems likely that the district/improvement is air-related, given the hangar and the military base things. It might even be a late-game military district, if the districts change over time, which they likely do.
    But, there are two other strange things I see in that screenshot.

First, the presence of a district outside city borders. As far as I can tell, the farm and everything left of the border is part of an offscreen-city, but the "airbase" shows no indication of a nearby city. This means that either some districts live after their central city is destroyed (perhaps only military districts) or something else entirely.

Secondly, there's something... ...off about the P-51. Why is it oriented like that? Is it attacking the "airbase"? Is it a rebase animation? Oh, can airbases be established outside city borders? That would be pretty darn neat.
    Also, note that it is probably low on health, considering that most larger units typically come in pairs or triads, and given that the plane is slightly off-center from the middle of it's tile.
    More strangely, and this is pure speculation- -could there be changes to the air unit formula? There's no need for there to be, and I'm probably blowing this up to more than it is, but it seems a lot like planes in CivRev, i.e. hovering ground units.