Screenshot analysis!

First, the presence of a district outside city borders. As far as I can tell, the farm and everything left of the border is part of an offscreen-city, but the "airbase" shows no indication of a nearby city.
It does appear to be outside the city borders, reinforcing the idea that it's an improvement, and that you can build more than one.

Secondly, there's something... ...off about the P-51. Why is it oriented like that? Is it attacking the "airbase"? Is it a rebase animation?
Or it could be the intercept/patrol animation, like it was in Civ IV. That was a really useful animation, to be able to see at a glance how many fighters you had on intercept. So silly to have removed it in Civ V.

I went over the tooltips in the gameplay video to garner what information I could. The terrain and improvement yields appear to be mostly identical to current Civ V values. Keep in mind that these are early values and may change.

Grassland
Movement Cost: 1; Yield: 2 Food
Plains
Movement Cost: 1; Yield: 1 Food, 1 Production
Mountains
Notes: Impassable, provides science bonuses to adjacent Campus districts.
Hills
Movement Cost: 2; Defense Modifier: 3
Coast
Movement Cost: 1; Yield: 1 Gold, 1 Food
Woods
Movement Cost: 2; Defense Modifier: 3; Yield: 1 Food, 1 Production
Notes: Appear to give +1 Appeal to adjacent tiles.
Rain Forest
Notes: Provides minor science bonuses to adjacent Campus districts.
River
Notes: As before, rivers are positioned between tiles. Rivers appear to add +1 Appeal to adjacent tiles. Rivers now appear to require a certain number of movement points to cross, instead of just ending a unit's movement after crossing as in previous games.
Cliffs
Notes: Like rivers, cliffs can appear on the border between land and Coast tiles. Cliffs add to Appeal (likely +2).

Plantation
Yield: +1 Gold, +0.5 Housing
Farm
Yield: +1 Food +0.5 Housing
Camp
a tile with Deer, a Camp, and Woods yields 3 Food, 2 Production, and 1 Gold

Regarding districts, only the City Center and Holy Site were moused over. Note that both have Ancient Roads which provide 1 "Route Movement", and note also that the Holy Site district tile seems to only yield Faith, and not any Food from the grassland it's sitting on.

The tile with 7 Appeal is next to a Woods, a Cliff, and 2 x Barrier Reef natural wonder tiles; mostly likely +1 from Woods, +2 from Cliffs, and +2 Each from the natural wonder tiles.

I also noticed that the tiles being worked display: "Citizens working here: 1", implying that at some point it may be possible for more than 1 citizen to work a tile.

Thanks for your hard work, AriochIV. :)

Your information gathering is appreciated.

It seems likely that the district/improvement is air-related, given the hangar and the military base things. It might even be a late-game military district, if the districts change over time, which they likely do.
But, there are two other strange things I see in that screenshot.

First, the presence of a district outside city borders. As far as I can tell, the farm and everything left of the border is part of an offscreen-city, but the "airbase" shows no indication of a nearby city. This means that either some districts live after their central city is destroyed (perhaps only military districts) or something else entirely.

Secondly, there's something... ...off about the P-51. Why is it oriented like that? Is it attacking the "airbase"? Is it a rebase animation? Oh, can airbases be established outside city borders? That would be pretty darn neat.
Also, note that it is probably low on health, considering that most larger units typically come in pairs or triads, and given that the plane is slightly off-center from the middle of it's tile.
More strangely, and this is pure speculation- -could there be changes to the air unit formula? There's no need for there to be, and I'm probably blowing this up to more than it is, but it seems a lot like planes in CivRev, i.e. hovering ground units.
Perhaps we're seeing an element of America's UA...
It would make sense if they're allowed to build airbases outside their territory. Maybe they can build on friendly territory too (I.e. In Allied territory)?
I mean America is known for projecting military power all over the world and having airbases all of over the place...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm glad the green grass was confirmed to be rice.

Can't believe that's been absent from Civ for so long.

New screenshot from http://franchise.civilization.com/e...evelt-leads-the-americans-in-civilization-vi/

Spoiler :

The main new thing I noticed (besides the industrial era style) was the green-roofed district in the back. Food(colour and there's something that looks like a watertower)? Housing?

Military Barracks? Wouldn't that be close to the city? I think it resembles modern military housing...but it is probable there would be more than that.

(edit) scratch what I said...suburb is most likely...

Though I do like how the continents now have names!

From toft's post in the features thread:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I wonder what that resource next to the holy site is... and is that a lake-natural wonder in the corner?

Spoiler :

Black border on the outside are city states, right?

The second screenshot shows a catapult with what appears to be axemen. I bet that is an example of the new embedded units system.

I love those fog of war graphics themselves but I am very surprised they "uncover" terrain features before you explored them... And I don't like this. Maybe that's some form of map sharing? I cannot imagine the entire map looking like this, with you knowing shape and content of unexplored terrain.

I love those fog of war graphics themselves but I am very surprised they "uncover" terrain features before you explored them... And I don't like this. Maybe that's some form of map sharing? I cannot imagine the entire map looking like this, with you knowing shape and content of unexplored terrain.

I think they've said it only shows it like that once you uncovered it already once.

I think that area is where you have already explored hence the features are visible, but you no longer have vision.

Had we seen the merchant before? (I suppose it is the cart unit behind the catapult)

Also, it is worth to note in these new screnshots, districts seem to share more of the building type of the city center tile.

Top Bottom