Screenshot analysis!

It appears thigs like declarations of war/friendship won't be "public" anymore, at least in early game, or am I reading it wrong?

Correct. The devs confirmed that the public notifications from civ5 are now private and can only be found by visiting a leader and increasing your access level with them. The higher your access level, the more detailed your info will be. They said this was done in order to make visiting other leaders more important in the game. Also, presumably, it also solves the problem of the spam of "civ A denounces B" notifications in civ5.

Correct. The devs confirmed that the public notifications from civ5 are now private and can only be found by visiting a leader and increasing your access level with them. The higher your access level, the more detailed your info will be. They said this was done in order to make visiting other leaders more important in the game. Also, presumably, it also solves the problem of the spam of "civ A denounces B" notifications in civ5.

I remember the first stated reason against tech trading is what player had to visit leaders each turn, which developers didn't want. I believe there's some misunderstanding in there. Also, the video clearly shows info about war declaration between China and Japan in popup. So if you have necessary access you clearly don't need to visit leaders.

I remember the first stated reason against tech trading is what player had to visit leaders each turn, which developers didn't want. I believe there's some misunderstanding in there. Also, the video clearly shows info about war declaration between China and Japan in popup. So if you have necessary access you clearly don't need to visit leaders.

Well, I distinctly remember the devs saying that they wanted players to visit other leaders. It is possible that your basic notifications like declarations of war show up on the main screen as long as you have enough access. After all, it would be bad game design if you did not even know two civs right next to you were at war with each other, because you forgot to visit the leader last turn. But I suspect that the deeper info will require that you visit the leader.

Had expected the Venetian Arsenal to require a tile next to the coast, but maybe it just needs to be next to a river that flows into the sea? :confused:

Based on the collective info that has been released so far, riverside tiles are going to be quite sought after in the game due to the amount of stuff that requires/benefits from them!

I think you receive a notification about gossip.

Had expected the Venetian Arsenal to require a tile next to the coast, but maybe it just needs to be next to a river that flows into the sea? :confused:
According to the build menu tooltip, Venetian Arsenal must be on the coast and next to an Industrial Zone, so if this is it (and it certainly appears to be), then they're playing some map editor games with us. As was noted, the Pyramids nearby are not on desert as they should be.

Based on the collective info that has been released so far, riverside tiles are going to be quite sought after in the game due to the amount of stuff that requires/benefits from them!

For the thousand time World Builder shanenigans, The Pyramids were on a grassland tile despite being supposed to be on a Desert.

C'mon people, all the vids have the entire map revealed they don't represent ACTUAL gameplay :rolleyes:

Well, I distinctly remember the devs saying that they wanted players to visit other leaders. It is possible that your basic notifications like declarations of war show up on the main screen as long as you have enough access. After all, it would be bad game design if you did not even know two civs right next to you were at war with each other, because you forgot to visit the leader last turn. But I suspect that the deeper info will require that you visit the leader.

In general - they want player to visit other leaders. They don't want these visits to be check for updates every turn. So, new info should come from notifications, but you'll need to visit leaders to see the whole picture.

Ridiculous, there was an excellent diplomacy screen for that ;)

For the thousand time World Builder shanenigans, The Pyramids were on a grassland tile despite being supposed to be on a Desert.

C'mon people, all the vids have the entire map revealed they don't represent ACTUAL gameplay :rolleyes:

Could we have that 1001 times please? :crazyeye:

Well in the video we have it appear on the coast at the beginning and then inland next to a river at the end.

So if anything, throughout all these videos they are consistently inconsistent. :dubious:

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but at 1:06 of the France video, China's leader has an agenda of Wall of 10,000 Li. I assume that this would be an agenda of building the Great Wall of a certain length.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but at 1:06 of the France video, China's leader has an agenda of Wall of 10,000 Li. I assume that this would be an agenda of building the Great Wall of a certain length.

This is the first that we have seen the name, but we have known that Qin's agenda is "hates civs with more Wonders than him" for quite a while.

This is the first that we have seen the name, but we have known that Qin's agenda is "hates civs with more Wonders than him" for quite a while.

We knew about his Wonder jealousy, yeah. I just thought that this would be an example of a hidden agenda and perhaps other Civs would have their hidden agendas revolve around their unique buildings, tile improvements or units. I like the name, anyway. Wall of 10,000 Li has a nice ring to it. :D

I spotted this unidentifiable landform in the french video at 1:19. Nearly at top of the screen. Dunno what it is.

Attachments

• mystery 1 19 in french video.jpg
    mystery 1 19 in french video.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 244
Top Bottom