Screenshot analysis!

That inquisitor is a scout. Got a dog at his side. So far we've seen scouts with green, white and red cloaks.
I agree.

I spotted this unidentifiable landform in the french video at 1:19. Nearly at top of the screen. Dunno what it is.
Looks like a unit of some kind, possibly a chariot, or maybe a trader.

I agree.

Looks like a unit of some kind, possibly a chariot, or maybe a trader.
Spoiler :

Huh yeah, its definitely a chariot.

At 1:35 in the lower left corner there's this guy. He looks like a Builder (with an axe) but with a different outfit; perhaps he is the industrial era version.

Spoiler :

Then what would the unit in the lower left of 1:12 be? Figured builder8.jpg might be a military engineer, on account of his breastplate.

At first glance I thought that was a breastplate, but on further study I'm not so sure; it may just be a yellow tunic.

A Missionary (or Apostle); they're all over this video.

Spoiler :

A yellow tunic you say... *gasp* what if this unit is B5! TAMAR OF GEORGIA!

I'll see myself out.

And yeah, those missionaries are certainly hinting at something. But didn't they say anyway there would be a big religion preview around this time?

At 1:35 in the lower left corner there's this guy. He looks like a Builder (with an axe) but with a different outfit; perhaps he is the industrial era version.

Spoiler :

Anyone think he is wearing a bronze breastplate armor?

At first glance I thought that was a breastplate, but on further study I'm not so sure; it may just be a yellow tunic.

A Missionary (or Apostle); they're all over this video.

Spoiler :

No not the great prophet looking dude. The dude with the hammer and the hat. The dude below the pyramids.

Is it known why Civ6 Missionaries now use the Civ5 Cossack unit icon?

Civ6 Missionaries:
Spoiler :

Civ5 Cossacks:
Spoiler :

No not the great prophet looking dude. The dude with the hammer and the hat. The dude below the pyramids.
If you mean this, it's a Warrior.

Is it known why Civ6 Missionaries now use the Civ5 Cossack unit icon?
The earlier screenshots use a lot of placeholder icons from Civ V. Many of them are replaced with new versions in the more recent videos.

Ex.: Galley then, Galley now:

Royal Marines (Redcoats) were officially formed in 1802 (although existed since 1755 under different name) and had red uniform (blue for artillery) till WWI http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-an...2014/october/20/141020-royal-marines-uniforms

Yes, they've started with muskets, but overall they are XIX-century military and should be Rifleman replacement, IMHO.

At the risk of reviving a dead topic, but in the interests of giving a little historical background, permit me to say that the term "Redcoats" doesn't really have anything to with the Royal Marines in particular (though they did wear red tunics at one period). The Oxford English Dictionary states that one of the earliest recorded uses of the term to refer to a military unit dates from 1644. The exact quote is: "Colonell Hollis his regiment of Red-coats‥did most gallant service." Regiments wearing red coats were to be found fighting for King William at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690, and red coats appear to have been standard wear for English regiments during the War of the Spanish Succession (1700-1714). No doubt there is a certain American bias in the choice of Redcoats to represent the English -- and some of the first Redcoats to fight the Americans during the War of Independence were indeed Royal Marines (at Lexington and Concord, under Major Pitcairn). I suspect that the term "Redcoat" probably conjures up an image of these soldiers for many Americans. However, I note that the figures in the screenshot seem to show not only Redcoats wearing tricorn hats, as they would have done in the 18th century, but also one figure wearing a shako, as they would have done in the Napoleonic period. In passing, it seems that French soldiers of the 18th century nicknamed the English soldiers "goddamns", because they heard them use the expression so frequently. "Redcoats" is probably better for this game :)

mbbcam:
I like your posts about British military history, may I ask if you have had relatives or ancestors fighting in world wars or even before that? Here in Finland I hear only same old winter war stories but I'm fascinated by British empire history. :king:

Haig:

Thank you! At the risk (again) of veering off topic, I belong to that generation whose grandfathers served in the First World War, and whose fathers served during the Second. So it is with me: my paternal grandfather served as an officer with the Norfolk Regiment on the Western Front during WW1, and my maternal great uncle was killed in 1916 while serving with the South Wales Borderers. That regiment should be familiar to those who have seen the film "Zulu". My father served in the Royal Air Force in WW2, though on Air-Sea Rescue boats. One of my uncles was also in the RAF (as an intelligence officer) and another was in the artillery and took part in the Normandy campaign of 1944.

As for me, I'm both a historian and a psychologist. I have written about Napoleon, and I'm mostly interested in the 18th century and the Napoleonic and Revolutionary Wars. But I have also written about WW1. To be precise, I wrote a thesis about Generals Haig(!) and Rawlinson, using their private diaries as source material. That was a mixture of psychology and history.

All the best

Haig:

Thank you! At the risk (again) of veering off topic, I belong to that generation whose grandfathers served in the First World War, and whose fathers served during the Second. So it is with me: my paternal grandfather served as an officer with the Norfolk Regiment on the Western Front during WW1, and my maternal great uncle was killed in 1916 while serving with the South Wales Borderers. That regiment should be familiar to those who have seen the film "Zulu". My father served in the Royal Air Force in WW2, though on Air-Sea Rescue boats. One of my uncles was also in the RAF (as an intelligence officer) and another was in the artillery and took part in the Normandy campaign of 1944.

As for me, I'm both a historian and a psychologist. I have written about Napoleon, and I'm mostly interested in the 18th century and the Napoleonic and Revolutionary Wars. But I have also written about WW1. To be precise, I wrote a thesis about Generals Haig(!) and Rawlinson, using their private diaries as source material. That was a mixture of psychology and history.

All the best

This was fantastic to learn about. Thanks for going off-topic. I studied a lot of military history in college and beyond. Would love to read your Napoleonic era things. The wwi diaries undoubtedly make for interesting results, but boy, must nonetheless be depressing.

mbbcam:
Thanks for the answer! Must be interesting to read such first hand sources. Such huge responsibilities on the shoulders of field marshals.
I like to read about British heroes of those eras like Lawrence of Arabia, Churchill, Kitchener, Florence Nightingale, Livingstone, Henry Morton Stanley etc. Some very eccentric characters in many cases.

Here in news there has been stories of British commemorations of Great War events like Jutland naval battle. For us the most crucial parts have been Russian revolution and Germans helping us after it.

My strangest story: my great-grandfather joined a Finnish brigade fighting for Russian Empire against Ottomans in late 19th century somewhere in Carpathian mountains area.

mods be merficul for our off-topic posts. :)

Attached SS of the various tabs in the city view screen from the Brazil video
1. Corpse in a River (jk, but I have no idea what it's supposed to represent) = Citizen Growth and Amenities screen
2. Buildings = Buildings built screen?
3. Hands = Religion/faith screen
4. Arrow/triangle with Lines (looks like it implies a list) = ???
5. Shield = City strength?

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).jpg
    Screenshot (23).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 316
Top Bottom