Scrubbing the internet

https://www.pcworld.com/article/216399/how_to_clean_up_your_online_reputation.html

I'm sure corporations are charged more than small businesses. It could be the video you used in the past has been removed (with probably more views) so this lesser-viewed copy was further down on the search list. Or more likely labatt has paid Google or a company like ReputationDefender to remove it or take it off the first several pages of the search list.

:beer:

I declare Bamspeedy the winner of this thread.

All in favor?

:wavey:

:beer:

All in favor?

:wavey:

I guess. I would have found it eventually though had I not been prioritizing a rework of one of my Sword of the Stars spreadsheets.

Blue, one of the worst beers you can buy here. Zero taste, yet somehow leaves a disturbing aftertaste. Plus it costs quite a bit. If you ever want to try a good Canadian beer, definitely stay away from Blue and Molson Canadian. They just sell well because they're mass produced and mass marketed at people who don't drink beer for the taste.

I agree. Living in metro detroit it's available everywhere, as is molson. It's basically canadian bud light, only I think I'd rather drink bud light because as you mentioned, the aftertaste. I don't get it at all, it's a very bizzare taste. And it costs more, not quite imported prices but it's more than a case of bud or miller.

All in favor?
No one has to declare him or vote him the winner. He won outright and indisputably.

I agree. Living in metro detroit it's available everywhere, as is molson. It's basically canadian bud light, only I think I'd rather drink bud light because as you mentioned, the aftertaste. I don't get it at all, it's a very bizzare taste. And it costs more, not quite imported prices but it's more than a case of bud or miller.

It's a mass produced, mass marketed beer. Those are basically all the same, and only differentiated through advertising.

Last edited:
It's a mass produced, mass marketed beer. Those are basically all the same, and only differentiated through advertising.

I strongly disagree but it's all preference in the end. Miller products in general I find much more palatable- high life is just fine, and miller lite is still leaps and bounds better than bud. I also find rolling rock to be tasty.

I strongly disagree but it's all preference in the end. Miller products in general I find much more palatable- high life is just fine, and miller lite is still leaps and bounds better than bud. I also find rolling rock to be tasty.

When I said they were all the same, I didn't say they were bad. And, yeah, some are perhaps better than others, like twelve is better than ten on a hundred point scale. I just wouldn't really go out of my way to drink any of them. I don't drink much beer to start with, so when I do I make it a good one.

Ah well I'm pretty sure we covered all this in a beer thread a while back, but it all relates to the social engagement. If going on for several hours like the super bowl or poker night I want to have something that's low alcohol content so I don't get plastered but can sip constantly, as well as not making me insanely full and sometimes I don't want to pay double for it. That's where beers like high life and rolling rock fit the bill.

Otherwise any kind of euro lager or pils is usually really nice but more pricey. I love Guinness too, it's surprisingly not filling or high on alcohol but again costs a premium.

The micro brew full flavor ales and such that are 6-8% I usually just have one with a nice meal, akin to pairing wine. They make me very sleepy.

:agree:

That's my philosophy too. The carbonation usually upsets my stomach so I need something real nice to make up for that.

I drink beer almost exclusively. Wine is too acid and gives me reflux, I can't drink liquor straight and mixed drinks are too sugary.

Ah well I'm pretty sure we covered all this in a beer thread a while back, but it all relates to the social engagement. If going on for several hours like the super bowl or poker night I want to have something that's low alcohol content so I don't get plastered but can sip constantly, as well as not making me insanely full and sometimes I don't want to pay double for it. That's where beers like high life and rolling rock fit the bill.

This is surprising to me. When I still drank, beer always made me feel bloated/full especially in comparison to other drinks like gin and whiskey.

Generally in situations like that I drink iced tea and avoid all the problems other than winding up wired on caffeine.

I drink beer almost exclusively. Wine is too acid and gives me reflux, I can't drink liquor straight and mixed drinks are too sugary.

My go-to is straight liquor, mostly neat but sometimes with ice. To each their own though. I usually only drink what I call "frat water" when playing beer pong or beer die, which I haven't done much since college.

There are small differences. Most are generic enough where all I can manage is a vague "this is different from that", but some genuinely taste different (mostly noticeable when significantly worse, like Natty).

Top Bottom