[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

DCM Announcement!

It's a big day for this mod. :)

Version 1.02 has been released for Vanilla Civ 1.61 AND NOW Warlords!

Please see the first post for download links. :)

Dale

Dale said:
DCM Announcement!

It's a big day for this mod. :)

Version 1.02 has been released for Vanilla Civ 1.61 AND NOW Warlords!

Please see the first post for download links. :)

Dale

NICE, i am putting you on the Warlords list.:goodjob:

Is there anyway i can play this mod with the PBP mod or do i have to bug them about adding yours cause i like what both offer.

Vanilla or warlords now I'm stuck:goodjob: Nice work Dale..... I'm off to go flip a coin :crazyeye: :thumbsup:

@ Keldath :eek: The AI uses this mod better than me so far:cry: .... god help us if Dale made it smarter too:eek: :sad:

Hey Dale Im playing your mod, version 1.02. Im experiencing ctd, heres the auto save file from 2 moves before the ctd. Dang it all I was looking forward to playing this also. Im going to download this mod for warlords and try it also.

Attachments

• Shortcut to AutoSave_AD-1510.zip
    780 bytes · Views: 60
rockinroger, that attached file doesn't look right ("Shortcut to..." and file size).

I downloaded it last night and started playing this mornin and i'm up to 588 AD and no problems orther than another Civ beat me to Great Wall ;) GGRrrr

Jaybe, I did have trouble uploading the file. a couple times it said it was to large for a zip file. So maybe I should retry it? Ok here is the file right b4 it crashes, the turn before. I think I got it right this time.

rockinroger:

Sorry mate, couldn't load your save. Crashed while initialising. Usually indicates that something's been changed, or there's custom assets. Happens to me with boneys files too every now and again when he forgets about his own units. :)

strategyonly:

Yeah, the quirky look is due to how I've been fixing these stall bugs. The stall occurs in the graphics engine, so sometimes the animation will play sometimes it won't, depends on the situation of the combat. But in the end, its just a simulation anyways. :)

Dale

Great mod! one question though,
How does combat odds work with this mod?
Do you get your combat odds for succesfully defeating one stack with another?

More likely than not, I'm the one screwing up here...

but it seems to me, that in the warlords compatible version, winning battles doesn't generate points towards great generals...

Could you look into this?

I've got a few questions after trying the mod out(warlords ver.) for the first time that I didn't see answered in the few pages I looked:

1...Are we able to 'turn off' the stack attack with the menu option(revert to 1 vs 1) and leave the MAD and ranged bombardment on?
2...I have seen a enemy unit heal itself while it is phillaging(sp?) a road and while attacking my units. Is this supposed to happen? I thought the only way units heal(in vanilla at least) was not doing anything at all?
3...Why are there units that are still alive at 0.0 power? Shouldn't they have been defeated in the previous attack?
4...In one attack I had a group of 2 warriors(full health) vs. AI's 1 warrior(almost dead) and 1 archer(full health)...I lost and AI took no damage whatsoever. Does this mean that if I have no ranged units in my stack, the archer will take out melee units every single time?

Anyways hope you can clear that up for me...thanks for all the work on the mod!

Top Bottom