Sentoya, Island of Opportunity

...and then all of Hermidad de la Democratica ascended to Formatica where they joined the Formatting Crew in eternal afterlife where they could vote for Presidents forever. In the last act as Consuls, they voted for whatever system of election J.K. Stockholme wanted so the game could actually start without having to wait for a Bi-Election.

OOC: I'm dropping this game due to what is said in my signature. Sorry Tani, but this can't be helped.

:salute: to those presidents in the eternal formatting crew. Get well friend.

The final election rules, as proposed by Consul Badajoz, extensively amended (more complex, but fairer) by Consul Everest, and acquiesced to by Consuls Montero and Feliciano:

There will be five blocs; the Common, Noble, Diligent, Faithful and Royal blocs. Every Sentoyan citizen can register in exactly one bloc, just like in the Consulate election, with the addition that members of the Royal family of Isaac may register in a fifth bloc for tie breaking.

A vote is taken in each bloc for all the candidates, and the candidate which is first-past-the-post, i.e. gets the most votes, continues to the second round of voting. So by this point, the available candidates across all blocs are the candidates which have gotten at least one bloc to give them a plurality of votes. Then the voters in each bloc vote on a preferential ballot of the these candidates, marking up their favourite and their least favourite candidates, and so forth. In each bloc, the votes run off, the candidates with the fewest votes are taken out in the short runoff, and their votes expropriated to the next choice, et cetera, until one candidate gets a majority in a single bloc.

At this point, each bloc has chosen a candidate, and if one candidate at least gets three blocs support, then the election is over.

If there there is a situation where there are three candidates, two with two blocs, one with one bloc, the one bloc candidate will be eliminated from the ballot, and another race will happen in each bloc between the remaining two. If there is a situation where there are three candidates with one bloc, and one with two, then the candidate with the lowest popular vote (total votes across all blocs) will be eliminated who is NOT the candidate with those two blocs. If there is a situation where all blocs voted for a different candidate, again, the candidates who received the fewest votes by popularity across all blocs will be eliminated from the next round of voting. Repeat until a candidate gets at least 3 blocs.

It appears Consuls Montero and and Feliciano have ascended to a higher plane of existence. As the Constitution is unclear on procedure for such a situation, I leave that to our GM.

Having reviewed the consular records of the discussion, Maria Lopez has come to the conclusion that the proposed system is unconstitutional as the required three fifths majority of consular votes was not received.

Not true, if you read NC's last post he decided to support their plan so that the game can start.

Understood, Lord Herobrine.

Hope your arm recovers quickly, Ninjacow.

Alright. Let's get this show on the road!

We shall have 48 hours for electoral procedures.

As specified by Talonschild and J.K. Stockholme's agreement, it is basically a second Consulate election. Feel free to endorse candidates publicly to try and swing things in their direction.

The Noble and Faithful seats shall remain vacant until the game actually starts; let's do one election at a time.

Our candidates for monarch are as follows:

James Christensen (RMP) - better schools, buisness investment, the aquirement of more tourists (with aid of additional hotels...), lower unemployment, the encouragement (but not forcing) of higher wages, the increase in entertainment and for social freedoms such as sexual freedoms. Vito also stands for legalised prositution, which he belives can be taxed like any other industry for the benefit of the nation.

Martin Diaz (Lobos Rojos) - He promises to maintain the monarchy but unlike the Christensens he believes that the country should move away from tourism and towards a stronger internal economy that isn't subject to the whims of foreigners.

Hernando Lopez (Sombras de Justicia) - He promises that if elected he will clamp down on crime for the benefit of all Sentoyans.

==

Feel free to endorse them!

Also an apology for all the delays; I really should have just randomly selected leaders from the start. :p

Endorsing (as Consul Badajoz - the Navy is strictly neutral) Diaz and Lopez; the Christensens seem radical and disorganized. The incoherence in their nomination convinced me they were NOT the right choice for Sentoya. I will admit that Diaz's rumours of criminal connections and Lopez's vigilantism are not ideal in a monarch, but either is perfectly serviceable as a Prince, and I will stand by the people's choice.

Endorsing myself :p

Alright then. I'll have the results within 24 hours, and we can finally get this show on the road. :)

The Christensens endores themselves. We remind all we also look towards the electronics industry for the benefit of the ecomony. The only radical thing we say is that we wish to improve Sentoya: that is a radical danger to the enemies of Sentoya! Vote for us and we will make us strong!

Maria Lopez endorses her husband. His stated intention to purge the city of violent crime will benefit all citizens and boost all sectors of the economy.

Poor Sector –Lopez
Wealthy Sector – Lopez
Aristocrat Sector – Christensens
Religious - Lopez
Royal Sector – Christensens

The aristocrats and royalists show a clear liking for the Christensens, whereas the poor, faithful and wealthy form an odd alliance (due to John Everest’s influence) behind the Lopezes. The Royal Election proceeds with these two candidates. The preferential vote that follows is not much different; the Lopez couple are announced as the victors. Hernando Lopez is asked to come to the Royal Palace on New Years’ day to be inaugurated as Hernando I of Sentoya.

Alright. We have our monarch. I'll just quickly compile a list with all available information on businesses and we will be ready to proceed!

Players with WIP posts and no concrete information will be purged from the roster; they are of course free to rejoin now that the game will actually get somewhere. :p

Update I (updates span two years)

Map

Organisation – Money available

Royal Navy 450,000
Royal Firefighters 800,000
Everest Group Ltd. 500,000
Grand Lodge 600,000
Los Lobos Rojos 700,000
Hughes Land Dev. Corp 500,000
Christensen Pleasures/RMP 500,000
Grain of Salt 850,000
Sombras de Justicia 700,000
Sentoya Industries 300,000

Sentoya has seen a national crisis averted with the inauguration of Hernando I on New Years’. His Highness may now do business with the Consulate; the Hermandad de la Democracia’s vacated seats are due to be filled by a special by-election in the coming months.

Pessimists think that Sentoya shall return to the status quo of a pampered minority and an impoverished majority, but really, who can tell?

Notes:

You may now send orders as you wish; please label them with “Sentoya Orders” or the like. I manage two games, so it would be good for organization purposes. Orders can include all sorts of things: assassinations, robberies, etc. Really anything is possible. Ludicrous things like “steal a nuke from Russia and detonate it in the city” will obviously not succeed. Something akin to “ransack group x’s businesses” is perfectly viable, though. Use your better judgement: if it would be hard to perform in real life, it will be so here.

Construction of course remains public; remember to keep your opening post updated with your new buildings for sake of easy tracking.

I shall declare elections open later on, but for now, let us have some actual gameplay. I’ve kept you all waiting for far too long.

Have fun! Make enemies and allies as you please, and may you prosper in taking advantage of our little dystopia!

Sentoya Industries now announces it is building a light industry plant.

We have decided to expand our recycling capcity and build one recycling plant. The two recycling plants are open to public recycling. we offer at the starting rate of $40 a month a weekly recycle pickup service.

We are now hiring.
we need about 40 recycling pickup truck drivers. We are paying $6 a hour To each driver. Must be a good driver. 40 hour week.
we also need about 4000 workers to work in our heavy industry factories. $15 a hour to each worker. 45 hour week
We need about 2300 workers to work in our light industry factories. $10 a hour. 45 hour week.
we need about 2000 workers to work in our warehouses. Same wages and hours as light.
We need about 1300 workers to work in the port berth. Same wages and hours as heavy.

OOC:How does one Sell goods. Do businesses just generate a turn by turn income.

Prince Hernando announces the following priorities for the first days of his reign:
1. By-elections to fill the vacant consular seats
2. Selection of a royal cabinet to for the effective administration of the city

The prince invites nominations for the following cabinet positions:
Foreign Secretary
Defence Secretary
Domestic Secretary
Culture and Tourism Secretary
Business and Education Secretary

The Prince and the consuls will select the secretaries from those nominated to represent as diverse a selection of Sentoyan society as is possible. Prince Hernando recognises that there is, at present, no constitutional basis for such a cabinet to wield power so for the moment it shall serve as a council of advisors - until such time as an amendment may be passed allowing for this cabinet to effectively participate in the governance of out great city.

The Royal Firefighters are now offering FIRE INSURANCE for two year rates! Please, contact one of our representatives to find the best fire protection package for you! Remember, Fire can strike at ANY Time. Be at peace. Be with the Royal Firefighters

Christensen Pleasures invites those of age to come visit its hotels! We have some "spice" for you day! Come visit: we got plenty of offers!

Top Bottom