1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sevopedia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Gaurav, Dec 26, 2006.

1. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Any further updates?

2. I hope there's gonna be a BTS update for Sevopedia. I've been playing without it for a while for various reasons but once BTS is out I'd really like to be able to use it - promotion charts alone worth it, not to mention better navigation and dozen of other improvements.

3. Footen

Footen Chieftain

Sevopedia should´ve replaced the original Civopedia in the BTS expansion. Does anyone know if it still works?

4. Impaler[WrG]

Impaler[WrG] Civ4:Col UI programmer

For the most part yes but its missing the new BtS concepts page, Also their seems to be a bug in the Leader heads page which is passing very large indexes to the game and these aren't being spat out by the Dll so you get a C++ exception.

5. Janook

Janook Chieftain

I can't believe they didn't incorporate a better Civilopedia in BTS.
    Ah well. Guarev, any word on an update to make it work nice and crisp in BTS?

6. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

This mod is so essential, after loading BtS for the first time I realized how much I miss the Sevopedia. Anyone who can update this for BtS is my hero.

Thanks,
    ripple01

P.S. Does it annoy anyone else that Firaxis did the great thing of adding the "Replaced by" feature to the Civilopedia for UU's in BtS, then totally f'ed it up by not doing the same thing for the UB's?

7. Janook

Janook Chieftain

For the record, BTS completely crashed when i tried using the warlords version of this mod with it. First i get a bunch of YOUR MOVIES ARE NOT INSTALLED CORECTLY errors, then it crashes on the main screen. Which is weird, because movies, and this mod, don't seem correlated... But it worked fine after i removed the mod. Then broke when i put the mod back in. then worked fine again after i removed it. so i'm pretty sure.

8. Janook

Janook Chieftain

I was in church today, thanking god for all that he has provided me with, when my mind fleeted across the Sevopedia mod. Thanks!

Once again, any news on BTS version? SEVOPEDIA IS MY PUSHER MAN!

9. Gaurav

Gaurav Prince

Janook,

Thanks for the PM. I have not purchased BTS (and probably won't unless I lose my g/f :)). Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you all can understand. Sometimes real life must take precedence.

Gaurav

10. Janook

Janook Chieftain

What's your GF's name and number? I'll tell her you cheated on her with Warlords.

11. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

I decided this is not something I can live without, so I've updated it for BtS. From my addition to the ReadMe:

-- Mostly rewritten from scratch based on v1.93, may run a little faster
    -- Does not include most v2.2 features, or Fitchn's Index, or any customizability or options
    -- Does not include a Promotion Upgrades page, would be easy to add but I don't use it myself and was pressed for time

-- Individual panes now follow my own consistent GUI layout and look much better than v1.93 and vanilla
    -- Wonders are now seperated into National Wonder and Great Wonder pages, with code to handle linking correctly
    -- Back/Forward history now omits category-only selections that don't show an entry in the main area, for faster/better history navigation
    -- Keeps the Back/Forward buttons along the bottom as in vanilla, and the title bar is no longer overriden to show selection names

I am not planning to add much more than is already here since this suits my needs as-is, however I will keep it current at the very least (if no one else does).

DOWNLOAD PAGE

12. Footen

Footen Chieftain

This is great news, thanks for the update!

13. Janook

Janook Chieftain

Thanks so much lunar, great job. (Although I really liked the index.)

14. Janook

Janook Chieftain

I gave it a quick try out to make sure it worked. Nice work! I edited one of the files a little bit to get it to work with the PLOT LIST ENHANCEMENT mod, and I think it's okay. I did, however, find 3-4 errors, depending on your point of view.

See image:

Three of the errors are in the menu on the left; all pretty obvious. I have the UNIT UPGRADE screen open to show what's wrong with that. I'm aware you didn't include that in the mod, so I'd recommend either fixing it or taking out it; it's annoying to have a half finished screen in there.

Lastly, the unit organization is really different. It used to be alphabetical, but you've got it organized into unit categories. (Except no categories are selectable; it's just a big list) I see the idea, but with no way to view individual categories (melle, gunpowder, mounted, siege, etc) it's way too hard to find the unit you're looking for. I'd recommend organizing the units alphabetically, or having a way to browse units by category.

Again, thanks a lot for updating this mod; I hope you keep up the good work!

15. Footen

Footen Chieftain

I didn´t get those TXT_KEY_PEDIA errors using unmodded BotS. I agree with having units listed alphabetically, but it works either way. Sometimes you forget the name of a unit but you know it´s mounted, then it´s nice. On the other hand there are already seperate categories for such occassions, so having it in alphabetical order would make it easier overall.

16. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

I didn't/don't know what the Index even is, as I was using an older version (1.93) all the way up til now. I only noticed it in reading Gaurav's ReadMe. I will look into it when I have time; right now I'm still scrambling to update all my stuff so I can *play* BtS. Heh.

The UnitUpgrades screen is a little flappy I know, but I included it anyway b/c I use it, and it's still usable in its current form. The code for that screen (by Vovan and Progor) is self-contained and seperate, and I haven't touched it yet. The graphical issues result from using their code in BtS, and isn't the result of anything I did. I won't know what's wrong with it til I take a closer look, but I figured it wasn't broken enough to exclude.

As for the item ordering in the lists, sorry, I forgot about that. Basically what you're seeing is the order they're in in the XML files (e.g. UnitInfos.xml). I turned off alphabetical sorting in the code b/c I like it better this way, though admittedly I also re-arrange their order in the XML files some for my private full mod. If you want to turn alphabetical sorting back on, go into Assets/Python/Screens/ and un-comment (delete the ##) the line "##list.sort()" near the very bottom of CvPediaMain.py and CvBuilding.py.

The text keys are in the Assets/XML/Text/Sevopedia.txt file I included in the zip. I have to assume something went wrong on your end...

17. Janook

Janook Chieftain

The index is basicaly just a list of everything. It makes it really easy to find something if you're not sure what category it falls into, but you know it's name. (Ie; not sure if something is a wonder or national wonder or a building or w/e.)

I uncommented the list.py() line. Thanks for that info. Is there any way to include both sorting methods in the civopedia?

And lastly, the text keys were missing because I didn't extract them. DOH.

18. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose King

Posted an updated version, 2.3.1. Doesn't have the Index, or a fix for the arrows in the upgrade pages, yet, but I'll get to those eventually. From my addition to the ReadMe:

-- Fixed bug with Building links, which resulted from my trying to do something clever at the last minute that didn't work
    -- Fixed bug with Improvement links, which resulted from a simple typo in the code
    -- Fixed Back/Forward history omitter to not omit category selections with no item list (ie Unit Upgrades, Promotion Tree, and Hints)
    -- Fixed the item list so it has the correct item selected when jumping to something via a button link, jumping to something via a text link, using the Back/Forward buttons, and opening/closing the Pedia. This was an unsolved problem until now; Gaurav's solution had been to use a ListBox instead of a Table, but that prevents the display of icons in the item list (which I really want to have). Note: It still doesn't work when using a button link within the same category (e.g. viewing a tech and clicking its "Leads To:" tech button). This can only be fixed with some SDK tweaking (to the Widget functions), and while I know how to do it I'm not going to bother due to the pain of distributing SDK components.

-- Went ahead and added the Promotion Tree page
    -- Added two icons from v.2.2 to the category list, for Promotions and Civs/Leaders
    -- Added a self.bSortLists flag to the top of CvPediaMain.py, for alphabetical sorting of the item lists. The default value is True. Not quite a configurable option yet, but you only have to edit the files in one place to change it now, rather than two.

DOWNLOAD PAGE

Edit: Doh. Sorry. Download should be working now. Forgot the underscore in the filename.

19. Cabay Jet

Cabay Jet Warlord

Two bugs I've noticed for Sevopedia 2.3.1:

Leaderheads appear to have been cropped and stretched horizontally when you view them from inside the sevopedia. This a little bit annoying as for most leaderheads all you'll be able to see is there noses. See image:

The promotions tree is suffering from the same problem as the unit upgrades tree, except that its information is inaccurate. See image:

Note that, if you looked at this tree and nothing else, you'd assume you could have Medic III with just Medic II and not both Lead by Warlord and Medic II.

Attached Files:

20. Noarpe

Noarpe Chieftain

Bugfix for Unit Upgrades and Promotions Tree Bug

Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml (line 1306):
    Code:
    <!-- Progor - UnitUpgradesChart - BEGIN -->

<InterfaceArtInfo>
    			<Type>LINE_TLBR</Type>
    			<Path>Art/Interface/UnitUpgradesGraph/line-tlbr.dds</Path>
    		</InterfaceArtInfo>
    		<InterfaceArtInfo>