SG Military Conquest/Domination - DG or Deity or Sid?

I can probably play tonight. I'll post a 'got it' if I can pick it up. I'll also check for a 'got it' from GZRD before I start play.

I like the idea of turning the Celts against the Ottomans - give their bombers something useful to do rather than plastering our armies. Too bad we can't get to the Celtic oilfields.

P.S. Overseer, when I first read your shakedown it said we had 83 armies. :eek: I knew that our GL production was coming along nicely! :lol:

**Edit** Okay, this is a Got It. I'll get my set done by tomorrow night if not sooner. I've got to shoot some zombies with the wife tonight, then I'll see about the Celts. :crazyeye:

Mid-turn report:

I'll finish up my turns and post tonight but I thought I would throw a few things out to see about discussion.

We just pulled in combustion and, surprise of surprises, we beat Germany to it. If we make peace with them they are willing to throw in SM and all of their gold for a trade. I'm a little weary of making peace with Germany because we are now at peace with Egypt and the Celts, though we don't have much longer on our peace deal with Egypt - I believe it expires towards the end my turns or on the beginning of Elephantium's turn set. I suspect we'll be pulling flight (due in 5t), MP & MT before Germany so we'll be able to trade up the lower branch if we decide to go this route.

The deal to turn the Celts on the Ottomans has expired - they have a MPP and the Celts won't trade on the Ottomans, but that makes for an easy truce to disrupt. The first time we assault one of the Ottoman cities, the Celts will DOW. We'll need to rush some flaks over to protect our stacks which we can do in about 5 turns. The Ottomans have flak moving around with their ground units but they have no sources of oil available to them, so no aircraft or tanks or good boats for them - well, so long as we keep them from overrunning a neighbor. :) As far as I can see, they've only got three oil to share between the four of them - the most vulnerable is the Celtic oilfield. Otherwise we are the only trading partner available. Also, the Celts don't have rubber, as I recall, and I don't think that anyone other than us has any extra to spare. So there will be no Celtic tanks.

I've been building our shipping lanes and trying to land more units in Egypt so we can make a solid push on the Ottomans. Osman has 34000gp in the bank so taking any city at this point would be a good deal. Right now I am trying to reduce their stacks so that they are average with the other AI (and us). Egypt is putting up a good scrap, actually. The ottomans are busy pillaging and spreading out their units which is making it easier to turn back the tide. They're still impressive but they have started rolling back their stacks to heal and regroup - all stragglers are dying to our scavenging units.

**Edit** Forgot to mention that the Celts will accept a MPP with us, but that won't work at the moment. If we sign that it might get the Celts and the Ottomans fighting, but it will almost certainly trigger a war between us and Egypt, blowing our rep.

MPP for us is a no no, other than that keep up the good work? Peace with Germany would probably require ROP, not necessarily a bad thing.

Here it is:

Turn Log w/pictures
Spoiler :
Preflight

I name all our Galleons in the ship chain so that I don’t confuse them.

Do a round of MM and we can get combustion in 4t @ 40% science +154gpt. I could pump up science to get it in 3t @ -18gpt. I decide to build a little cash.

Put down Aiens 2. Water some tiles in farmland.

Make peace with the Celts but they won’t give a MA at the moment. They do give us all 88gp in the treasury. Every gold counts. I can’t get them to go it against the Ottomans for anything at the moment.

IBT – Lots of fighting in Egypt but mostly pillaging. Egypt is fielding conscript infantry and sending them out to defend grassland tiles. :crazyeye:

There are no landings.

Volcano by Smolensk goes active.

Turn 291 [1505 AD]

All units flee Smolensk & the surrounding area.

Artillery in Egypt redlines a few Ottoman units. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 Infantry – win, -1hp, promote elite. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 guerilla – win, -2hp. 17/17 army vs 3/3 musket – win, -4hp.

Drop another Cav army in Egypt. Rush a galleon for 152gp. Oddly the volcano is no longer active?

IBT – Ottoman stacks are starting to break apart into smaller bands.

Turn 292 [1510 AD]

Hattusas: Settler=>Settler
Orleans: Cav=>Cav
Nara: Settler=>Settler
Khabarovsk: Cav=>Factory
New Avignon: Galleon=>Galleon
New Strasbourg: Settler=>Settler

I decide that my army + arty might be exposed to being encircled by the Ottomans stacks, perhaps not intentionally, but I still want them to be able to retreat. I will hold one more turn in my current position. We need more transport capabilities.

Build New Cherbourg 2, Poitiers 2, Toulouse 2.

No fighting this turn.

IBT – Volcano by Smolensk explodes but misses the city and all of our units.
There’s a lot of fighting between Egypt and the Ottomans – Egypt actually seems to get the better of the fight.

Turn 293 [1515 AD]

Ugarit: Settler=>Settler
Lyons: Arty=>Factory
Tours: Infantry=>Infantry

It is time to pull our units out of the encirclement. I’m a little confused by the disposition of the Ottoman units. They are now truly scattered and they have flak protecting guerillas?

Artillery damages many Ottoman units. 17/17 cav army kills 2 guerillas & a flak for -4hp. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 Infantry – flawless win. 3/4 cav vs 1/4 guerilla – win, redline. 14/14 cav army kills a guerilla for -3hp.
Drop 4 more cav under the cover of our armies.

Excess artillery back home redline the German fleet off our shore.

Found Bayonne 2.

IBT – Not much that we can see. Germany lands 3 cavs. The Ottomans are withdrawing damaged units. Stragglers are being left behind.

Learn Combustion=>Combustion due in 5t @ -65gpt. Can’t get it in 4t even at 100%.
Note that Germany does not have combustion. Egypt has flight but not MP.

Turn 294 [1520 AD]

Paris: Army=>Army
New Orleans: Settler=>Arty
Dijon: Cav=Cav
New Rennes: Settler=>Settler

Redline invaders with cannons. Don’t even need to touch my arty stacks. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 cav – flawless win. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 cav – win, -1hp. 5/5 horse vs 1/4 cav – win, -2hp.

Artillery weakens a stack. 4/4 cav vs 2/4 Guerilla – win -2hp. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 Guerilla – flawless win. 13/17 Cav army kills 2 guerilla s. 4/4 cav vs 1/3 Infantry – win, -2hp. 4/4 cav vs 1/3 Rifle – win, -1hp.
Load a Cav into the 1st Cavalry Army. Send De Gaulle’s Army of Cavs to Egypt.

Build Strasbourg 2.
Do a round of MM.

IBT – Lots of fighting. Celtic bombers appear to bomb Egyptian cities. Egyptian infantry are slaughtered and Egypt loses Byblos and an arty – the arty takes a shot at our infantry army but fails.

Ottomans land some infantry (3) on our island.

Turn 295 [1525 AD]

Osaka: Harbor=>Arty
Orleans: Cav=>Factory
Brest: Market=>Library
Chartres: Cav=>Cav
Grenoble: University=>Cav

Build Brest 2

Make peace with Germany and trade combustion for SM.
Arty in Egypt reduce incoming Ottoman stacks. 18/18 cav army kills 3 guerilla for -3hp. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 infantry – win, -2hp, GL. De Gaulle is sent back to await a boat. The 7th Cav is joined to De Gualle’s newly arrived army. 17/19 De Gaulle kills 3 more redlined infantry flawlessly. 4/4 cav vs 3/4 Sipahi – win, -2hp.

Build the 4th Cavalry (Army) and ship it across the sea. GL (De Gaulle) is put on the ship chain for transport next turn.

IBT – Egypt lands a lot of troops next to lost Byblos.
Ottomans land 1 marine:( and 3 infantry. For some reason the landed infantry are already 1/4. Nice going Osman.

Turn 296 (1530 AD)

Smolensk: Library=>Arty
Marseilles: Cav=>Cav
Rheims 2: Settler=>Settler

Ship the 2nd cav to Egypt and bring De Gaulle back to make an army.
5/5 cav vs 1/4 infantry – win, -1hp. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 infantry – win, -2hp. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 infantry- win -2hp. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 guerilla – win, -3hp.

Arty damages the stack invading Egypt. 15/19 cav kills 3 guerillas, -11hp. 15/18 cav army kills 1guerilla, 2 infantry, -5hp. 12/12 cav army kills 3 infantry, join a cav to make 4/17 army. 14/17 cav army kills 1 flak, 1 guerilla, 1 infantry and the stack is gone.

MM so we can get MP in 3t @ +51gpt.

IBT – Lot of fighting, Egypt loses most of the fights. Man, just leave your infantry on the defensive!
Ottomans land 2 Sipahi

Giza is now Celtic.

Turn 297 (1535 AD)

Tous: Infantry=>Cav
Besancon: Infantry=>Cav
Amiens: Cav=>Cav
Poitiers: Cav=>Library

Production in Paris is sabotaged. Never had that happen before. Our army is ruined.

Cannons reduce invading Sipahi to red. 4/5 cav vs 1/4 Sipahi – flawless win. 5/5 horse vs 1/4 Sipahi – flawless win.

Arty redlines a lot of the invading Ottomans. The last attack took the gas out of their attack.
4/4 Cav vs 2/4 guerilla – win, -1hp, promote elite. 13/13 cav kills 3 redlined infantry for -3hp.
Drop 4 new cavs in Egypt. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 infantry – win, -1hp.

Build Bordeaux 2. Upgrade one cannon to arty.

IBT – Celtic bombers make an appearance again, bombing Egyptian infantry with a high degree of success.
Ottomans make a concentrated advance with 3 descent stacks

Turn 298 (1540 AD)

Aleppo: Settler=>Wealth

Use arty against the largest stack to mediocre results. 17/17 cav army kills 1 marine, 2 infantry, promotes to 9/18. 15/18 army kills 2 infantry, barely. 14/17 cav army kills 1 marine. 4/4 cav vs 4/4 sipahi – win, -2hp. 4/5 cav vs 1/3 infantry – win, -2hp, GL. Charlemagne goes back board a ship. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 infantry – flawless win. Large stack is gone. Send 4 more arty to Egypt.

Settle Rennes 2.

IBT – Lot so fighting but Egypt actually does pretty well this time.

Turn 299 (1545 AD)

We learn MP, start MT due in 4t @ -118gpt.
I blew it. I though I could trade MP with Egypt and pick up flight but they must have learned MP the same turn as us. Damn.

Rheims: Cav=>Cav
Grenoble: Cav=>Factory

Propaganda upsets Tokyo. Interesting.

Retreat our army from advancing Ottoman stacks. Man, they never end.

I stop here so that the next player can strategize. All units have their movement.

I stopped 1 turn early so that Elephantium so he can strategize. I tried to get cute and researched MP instead of flight. I though it would be a solid trade with Egypt but they must have either learned it or bought it the same turn we got it. :mad: I don't know if we want to make our way to MT or go after flight after all. We can get MT in 4t, flight is due in 5t even at max.

Germany does not have MT, so we could make an embassy and see if we could buy them into the war against the Ottomans. Osman has a stack of gold he is using to sabatoge us and he has an endless stream of units. We've got a pretty large army in Egypt now but the Ottoman units have continued to push me back. We are strong vs Egypt and Germany, average to the Celts and weak to the Ottomans. :crazyeye:

Roster
- TheOverseerer714
- Raliuven (just played because his chores are done)
- Elephantium (Playing if his chores are done)
- del62 (on deck)

- GZRD (Lurking atm)

Attachments

• SG Conquest-Domination1545AD.SAV
    313.9 KB · Views: 110
:scan: Do I detect an MM challenge? :mischief:

I'll get started on 'er tomorrow night!

It is a sick obsession with me. :p I actually look forward to MM my cities! It is, perhaps, a little too much to do every round, but usually every other or so.

I forgot to mention that I am building a harbor with engineers along our ship chain so we can start upgrading to transports, if we can afford it, that is. I've boosted most of the armies in Egypt to 4 units so they can't come back without transports. Don't know that we want them back anyway, but I though I would mention that.

If we can get the Germans into an alliance against the ottomans, it is going to slow down the ottomans supply lines.

Want money? Capture an Ottoman city, if only for a turn. We could start upgrading some of the cannons.

Looking at the save I have noticed we can get enough gpt plus rubber etc to do a deal with the celts for both motorised transport and flight, do not give them any gold though straight up though, and when we attack ottomans in Byblos, an artillerry strike will do, we get all our gpt back due to their MPP pact.

We might even want to sigh rop with them an germany first and send someone to pillage their oil, even a sacrificial cavalry could do the job

I've got to shoot some zombies with the wife tonight, then I'll see about the Celts. :crazyeye:

Nothing says love like shooting zombies together;) As far as Del's plan goes, I like it, if we can take the enemy Oil out and get the techs too, we can start to win this part of the game.

I took the techs but skipped on the pillaging plan - even with a German RoP, it would have been too far away to reach.

I've lost two Armies, and we're at war with both the Celts and the Germans. The next few turns will be ... interesting.

Spoiler :

Pre-turn: MM a bunch, then MM again after reading del62's

wonderful suggestion about abusing the Celt/Ottoman MPP.

Celts give: MT, Flight, Amphibious War, 14g.
We give: 668 gpt, Rubber, Wines, Dyes, Incense, Spices, Silks

Bombard Byblos. Celts declare :lol:
Germans declare, too! I should've made a deal with them, too

:rolleyes:

Byblos has at lot of defenders :(

De Gaulle Army kills rInf and 2x 2/4 vInfs.
2nd Cavalry Army kills 2x 3/4 Marines and 1/4 vInf
Lose 3/4 Cav to redlined vInf :(
Cav (=> 2/4) kills that Inf
Cav (=> 2/4) kills rInf
Cav (=> 1/4) kills another rInf
1st Cavalry Army kills redlined eInf
Richelieu's Army kills Guerilla and redlined Marine. City is

ours! 1282 gold. :party:

Ottomans can throw 9 units (10 if you include a damaged Sipahi)

at Byblos on the IBT, and I'm running short on attackers. Gift

the city to Egypt.

Sci slider to 30% - Nationalism in 4 turns (going for

Espionage), +202 gpt.

Upgrade cannons and Trebs near Lyons. 1116 gold left.

IBT:

Ottomans retake Byblos and arty-bombard our Army next to the

city.
Sipahis kill two of our Armies :mad:
Sipahi lands near New Rheims
Rostov: Settler > Bomber
New Chartres: Settler > Bomber
New Poitiers: Settlers
Propaganda in Tokyo upsets the citizens.

Turn 0 (1550 AD):

Bombard 5 and kill 4 Ottoman Infantry with one of the surviving

armies. The troops seek cover under the Infantry army while

new troops land near P-Ramesses.

Lose a Cav against the redlined Sipahi at New Rheims :wallbash:
Kill the Sipahi.

IBT:

Celts bomb our stack at Pi-Rameses.
Ottomans waste several troops killing a few Egyptian Infantry.

St. Petersburg: Settler > Bomber
New Lyons: Settlers
New Paris: Settlers
Tours: Cav > Tank
New Toulouse: Settler > Bomber
New Bayonne: Settler > Bomber

Production in Paris sabotaged.
Herodotus lists us as the largest nation in the world!
Behind us are the Ottomans, Celts, and Egyptians. The Puny

Germans trail in 5th place.

Turn 1 (1555 AD):

Bombard a mess of Ottomans. We redline their artillery stack,

plus a couple of over-ambitious attackers going for

Elephantine.
3/4 Cav kills redlined Sipahi and promotes :)
Cav kills redlined Infantry in the open

Arty defense stack:
Cav kills redlined Infantry
eCav kills redlined Infantry
Cav army kills Infantry and Sipahi, both redlined. We capture

the (Egyptian) arty from the Ottomans :)

IBT:

Cleopatra talks to us to renew the peace treaty. We accept and

set up a RoP besides.

Marseilles: Cav > Factory
Eboracum: Duct > Court
Rennes: Duct > Mkt
Nice: Transport > Carrier
New Bordeaux: Settlers

Turn 2 (1560 AD):

Bombard some enemy troops.
Lose vCav on redlined Guerilla :rolleyes:
Cav army kills two German Infantry, the pesky Guerilla from

above, and one more Guerilla, all redlined in the bombardment

phase.
3/4 Cav kills redlined Marine.

IBT:

Nationalism > Espionage
Egypt and Germany sign peace.
Ottomans land a TOW Inf next to New Rheims
Brest: Lib > Flak
New Avignon: Transport > Carrier
Amiens: Flaks
Production sabotaged in Orleans

Turn 3 (1565 AD):

As usual, bombard Ottomans.
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills redlined Infantry and promotes :D
Cav army kills Infantry, then gets two Celtic Cavs near

Elephantine before finishing off a redlined Marine.

rCav kills off the TOW after we redline it.

IBT:

Celts bomb one of our armies into the red.
Ottomans sink one of our Galleons.

(I forgot to record city builds)

Turn 4 (1570 AD):

Redlined a bunch of Ottoman and Celtic troops.
Our first Flak lands in Egypt!

Ottoman stack:
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry
Knight Army kills Marine

Knight Army kills Celtic Rifle

Richelieu's Army kills redlined Infantry and Guerilla, then

takes out a full-health Rifle before taking cover under the

Infantry Army.

IBT:

Celts bomb our Infantry army.
Ottomans lose a Frigate to our Transport.
They also land a pillager in the usual spot.

New Amiens: Settlers
Chartres: Tanks
Cannes: Harbor > Destroyer
Besancon: Tanks
New Avignon: Transport > Bomber

Ottoman agent caught sabotaging Paris prodution.

Turn 5 (1575 AD):

Richelieu's Army kills two Ottoman Infantry and two Marines.
Cav kills Flak
Cav kills Rifle
Cav kills Rifle
Knight Army kills two Marines
Cav kills Guerilla
Cav kills Marine
Cav kills Marine
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry

rCav kills the redlined Ottoman lander at New Rheims.

We're holding steady on the war front, but we have a LOT of units to slog through since I'm trying to avoid having all the Egyptian rails cut.

It's been slow going; cities grow pretty quickly, and I've been checking on each city every time it grows. That MM time adds up!

It is nice to see we are building tanks and flak! :D It is also nice to see that Osman is down to about 20k gp.

Egypt will give AT & 150gp for AW & MT. Or Egypt will give AT & Espionage &75gp for AW, MT & Iron. That would save us 8 turns of research. As Egypt doesn't have coal, the iron won't do a whole lot of good.

On tech deals with Eygypt, I prefer not to put Iron in as it will last 20 turns, and sometimes for no fault of our own the Iron can get cut off, which would trash our rep inecessarily.

I would go with AT and 150g for AW and MT though.

Turn log below. The most important thing: The Ottomans are building United Nations! We should be prepared to move quickly against them to prevent a vote.

First half:

Spoiler :

Pre-turn: MM a bunch, then MM again after reading del62's wonderful suggestion about abusing the Celt/Ottoman MPP.

Celts give: MT, Flight, Amphibious War, 14g.
We give: 668 gpt, Rubber, Wines, Dyes, Incense, Spices, Silks

Bombard Byblos. Celts declare :lol:
Germans declare, too! I should've made a deal with them, too :rolleyes:

Byblos has at lot of defenders :(

De Gaulle Army kills rInf and 2x 2/4 vInfs.
2nd Cavalry Army kills 2x 3/4 Marines and 1/4 vInf
Lose 3/4 Cav to redlined vInf :(
Cav (=> 2/4) kills that Inf
Cav (=> 2/4) kills rInf
Cav (=> 1/4) kills another rInf
1st Cavalry Army kills redlined eInf
Richelieu's Army kills Guerilla and redlined Marine. City is ours! 1282 gold. :party:

Ottomans can throw 9 units (10 if you include a damaged Sipahi) at Byblos on the IBT, and I'm running short on attackers. Gift the city to Egypt.

Sci slider to 30% - Nationalism in 4 turns (going for Espionage), +202 gpt.

Upgrade cannons and Trebs near Lyons. 1116 gold left.

IBT:

Ottomans retake Byblos and arty-bombard our Army next to the city.
Sipahis kill two of our Armies :mad:
Sipahi lands near New Rheims
Rostov: Settler > Bomber
New Chartres: Settler > Bomber
New Poitiers: Settlers
Propaganda in Tokyo upsets the citizens.

Turn 0 (1550 AD):

Bombard 5 and kill 4 Ottoman Infantry with one of the surviving armies. The troops seek cover under the Infantry army while new troops land near P-Ramesses.

Lose a Cav against the redlined Sipahi at New Rheims :wallbash:
Kill the Sipahi.

IBT:

Celts bomb our stack at Pi-Rameses.
Ottomans waste several troops killing a few Egyptian Infantry.

St. Petersburg: Settler > Bomber
New Lyons: Settlers
New Paris: Settlers
Tours: Cav > Tank
New Toulouse: Settler > Bomber
New Bayonne: Settler > Bomber

Herodotus lists us as the largest nation in the world!
Behind us are the Ottomans, Celts, and Egyptians. The Puny Germans trail in 5th place.

Turn 1 (1555 AD):

Bombard a mess of Ottomans. We redline their artillery stack, plus a couple of over-ambitious attackers going for Elephantine.
3/4 Cav kills redlined Sipahi and promotes :)
Cav kills redlined Infantry in the open

Arty defense stack:
Cav kills redlined Infantry
Cav army kills Infantry and Sipahi, both redlined. We capture the (Egyptian) arty from the Ottomans :)

IBT:

Cleopatra talks to us to renew the peace treaty. We accept and set up a RoP besides.

Marseilles: Cav > Factory
Eboracum: Duct > Court
Rennes: Duct > Mkt
Nice: Transport > Carrier
New Bordeaux: Settlers

Turn 2 (1560 AD):

Bombard some enemy troops.
Lose vCav on redlined Guerilla :rolleyes:
Cav army kills two German Infantry, the pesky Guerilla from above, and one more Guerilla, all redlined in the bombardment phase.
3/4 Cav kills redlined Marine.

IBT:

Nationalism > Espionage
Egypt and Germany sign peace.
Ottomans land a TOW Inf next to New Rheims
Brest: Lib > Flak
New Avignon: Transport > Carrier
Amiens: Flaks
Production sabotaged in Orleans

Turn 3 (1565 AD):

As usual, bombard Ottomans.
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills redlined Infantry and promotes :D
Cav army kills Infantry, then gets two Celtic Cavs near Elephantine before finishing off a redlined Marine.

rCav kills off the TOW after we redline it.

IBT:

Celts bomb one of our armies into the red.
Ottomans sink one of our Galleons.

(I forgot to record city builds)

Turn 4 (1570 AD):

Redlined a bunch of Ottoman and Celtic troops.
Our first Flak lands in Egypt!

Ottoman stack:
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry
Knight Army kills Marine

Richelieu's Army kills redlined Infantry and Guerilla, then takes out a full-health Rifle before taking cover under the Infantry Army.

IBT:

Celts bomb our Infantry army.
Ottomans lose a Frigate to our Transport.
They also land a pillager in the usual spot.

New Amiens: Settlers
Chartres: Tanks
Cannes: Harbor > Destroyer
Besancon: Tanks
New Avignon: Transport > Bomber

Ottoman agent caught sabotaging Paris prodution.

Turn 5 (1575 AD):

Richelieu's Army kills two Ottoman Infantry and two Marines.
Cav kills Flak
Cav kills Rifle
Cav kills Rifle
Knight Army kills two Marines
Cav kills Guerilla
Cav kills Marine
Cav kills Marine
Cav kills Infantry
Cav kills Infantry

rCav kills the redlined Ottoman TOW at New Rheims.

Second half:

Spoiler :

IBT:

:eek: Egypt is using Artillery offensively against the Celts!

New Grenoble: Settler > Bomber
Bayonne: Factory > Tank
Lyons 2: Settler > Bomber

Turn 6 (1580 AD):

Bombard enemies, then...
Tank kills redlined TOW
Tank kills Marine and a Guerilla => elite
Cav kills Infantry, promotes
Cav kills Guerilla
Cav kills Marine, barely
1st Cavalry kills enemy Cav on a forest, then kills a redlined Rifle
Cav kills Cav
Cav kills Rifle
Cav kills Guerilla
Cav army kills two Marines, then nearly dies killing a 2/4 Infantry.

Belatedly, I trade techs with Cleo: AT for MT, AW, 793 gold, and WM. Clearly, she's been researching MT :(

IBT:

German Frigates sink two of our Transports :(
Celts lose their first Bomber to our Flak as they bomb our Infantry Army to yellow status
Ottomans land a TOW in the usual spot

Espionage > Electronics
Paris: Army > Intelligence Agency
New Dijon: Settler > Bomber
Tours: Flak > Fighter
Dijon: Factory > Infantry
Rouen: Factory > Fighter

Turn 7 (1585 AD):

Frigate sinks redlined Ottoman Frigate.
Cav kills Rifle
Cav kills Guerilla, promotes
Lose eCav to Guerilla :(
Cav kills Guerilla
Cav kills Guerilla
Cav kills Rifle
Cav kills Cav
Cav kills Cav
Tank kills Cav
Tank kills Rifle
Cav kills Cav
3rd Cav kills Cav and Rifle
Richelieu's Army kills Infantry
1st Cav Army kills Guerilla and Sipahi

Cav kills Ottoman TOW landing.

IBT:

German Frigate sinks vs. our Transport.
Second Frigate sinks the Transport :(
Celts lose another Bomber yellowlining our Infatry army. :D

Orleans: Factory > Tank
Smolensk: Mkt > Factory
Khabarovsk: Factory > Flak
Amiens: Flak > Factory
Besancon 2: Settler > Bomber

Ottomans are building UN.

Orleans 2 deposes to the Ottomans :eek:

Turn 8 (1590 AD):

Retake Orleans 2.
Lose our Frigate attacking redlined Ottoman troop convoys.

Cav kills Sipahi
Cavs kill 3 Infantry
Tank kills two Cavs
Cav kills Marine
Cav kills Cav
Cav army kills three TOWs
Cav army kills two Inf and a Cav
Cav retreats from Guerilla, no damage :wallbash:
Cav kills Guerilla

IBT:

Celts only send three Bombers at our Infantry Army this time, and they lose one of them to Flak! :D

Predictably, Ottomans land a guy on our shores.

Lyons: Factory > Tank

Military plans stolen.

Turn 9 (1595 AD):

Bombard Ottoman stacks
Knight Army kills Infantry
3/4 Cav kills Infantry, and Byblos is ours :) I rush Walls there.

Knight Army kills TOW
Cav dies vs. TOW
3rd Cav army kills 3x TOW
Lose Cav on TOW

1st Cavalry kills Rifle and TOW

Cav kills TOW back home.

IBT:

Egypt wants us to pay 140G to swap WMs. Heh.

Byblos: Walls => Worker, rush => Barracks, rush.
Krasnoyarsk: Court > Duct
Bayonne: Tanks
Dijon: Infantry
New Brest riots :confused: Market completes, too, due to CEs.
Ah, that's why. A propaganda campaign upset New Brest.

Turn 10 (1600 AD):

Lose eTank to Cav :(
eTank kills Cav
eTank kills Cav
Knight Army kills Cav, clearing the tile.

Cav Army kills three enemy Infantry
eCav kills redlined TOW
eCav kills redlined TOW
Cav army kills last TOW on a tile

Handoff notes:

I suggest getting a few Fighters built and putting them on Air Superiority in Byblos. That + Flak will give good cover for Bombers, allowing us to really start pushing back on the Ottomans.

If I were playing another set, I'd Worker-rush an Airport in Byblos, build Airfields back home with native Workers, and start shipping in units that way. We'll want a couple of roading/railing stacks on the other continent, too.

I have a lot of Destroyers building in corrupt towns (mostly Hittite towns) with Harbors; feel free to rush a couple of those if you want to stop the Ottoman landings by New Rheims. So far the landings are painless; we have plenty of arty to redline the one TOW they've been dropping :D

I've left some units unmoved to highlight important locations.

Got it, will have a look later, I am wondering whether Mobilisation is worth a shot at this point.

I believe domination and conquest are the only win conditions checked... but I'm not positive on that.

I just went back an looked through all of our notes and as far as I can see, we never noted a war between the Ottomans and the Celts or Germans. Osman certainly is not getting the vote from either us or Egypt. So they need it from Germany and the Celts to win. Obviously neither the Germans or Celts will be voting for us at the moment. If we can't get to the UN we need to turn one or both of them against the Ottomans so that they can build up some hatred and we can then ignore the UN.

With us rolling tanks off the assembly line, other than Germany, we'll be the only ones doing that. That should make the going a little easier. We are also going to outpace Germany and Egypt for the rest of the game. The Celts and Ottomans probably are not that far ahead of us anymore, as they just started the UN.

It would be nice if the other victories were turned off, but that would be really unfair for the AI. It is very difficult for the AI to pull off either. We are (or recently were) the backward civ on the planet and we have nearly 50% pop & land.

I have played 4 turns so far, I have signed Germany into an alliance against the Ottomans, which has brought the Celts in against the Ottomans, I can retrigger war against Germany any time I want by attacking Celtic Terrirory, oh and the Germans are using Panzers

Top Bottom