SGOTM 17 - Xteam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen shot Demo and other screens each turn. Also Zoom out and check for culture leaks.

Proposed Plan Set
Spoiler :
T4: Select Alpha as first tech.

T5: Worker Chop, Scout 2SE and archer 1NW,

T6: Worker finish chop, Archer 1NW, scout to ivory 2E1N.

T7: Worker start Pasture, Archer 1NW, Scout 2NE to clear FOW to see if there are any resources.

T8: Archer last turn heading NW, Scout 2S and heading to check land bridge.

T9: Scout 2S1E and Archer SW if possible. There was a panther in test so I moved Archer 1W.

T10: City grow to size2 and whip Granary. Worker complete pasture, Archer SW and scout on forest 1 W of dry banana.

Stop short set.

Stopping conditions: Any unexpected events or discoveries. This will give us better intel to determine next city.

Sounds like a good plan. :goodjob:

Think the capital expands before the chop is complete. Is it more important to get the Pigs online a turn earlier and lose a Worker turn moving back onto the forest to complete the chop or not?

Think the capital expands before the chop is complete. Is it more important to get the Pigs online a turn earlier and lose a Worker turn moving back onto the forest to complete the chop or not?

I never really tested this, but I was finishing the chop before heading to the pigs. I would be reluctant to lose the worker turn. Also, I think the next move for the worker after pasturing the pigs is to move to the hill and mine it. This puts off the chop too long, the sooner we get granary, the better.

I never really tested this, but I was finishing the chop before heading to the pigs. I would be reluctant to lose the worker turn. Also, I think the next move for the worker after pasturing the pigs is to move to the hill and mine it. This puts off the chop too long, the sooner we get granary, the better.
Yes, Htadus plans to whip the Granary. An extra turn of 6 food?

Should test it myself, by RL has me in its grasp. :sad:

Yes, Htadus plans to whip the Granary. An extra turn of 6 food?

Should test it myself, by RL has me in its grasp. :sad:

No need to test it leif. If we do not chop it before heading to pasture, we wont be able to whip the granary on T10. The first turn after we grow to size 2 for the second tile, (which would be 2 turns sooner) the food value will have doubled due to the granary boost toward growth.

Did some testing on three scenarios:

1 - Finish the chop. Follow the granary with a warrior while city grows to 4, then settler and whip.
2 - 1 turn chop, then pasture, then back to chop. Follow with a warrior, then start another while pop grows to 4, then settler.
3 - 1 turn chop, then pasture, then mine, then back to chop

Option 1 finished the granary on turn 11. Warrior on turn 18 as city reaches pop 4. Settler turn 20 with overflow of 9.

Option 2 finished the granary on turn 13. Warrior on turn 18, start another to grow pop to 4. Settler turn 21, overflow of 6.

Option 3 finished the granary on turn 18. Did not keep testing.

Looks like it is better to finish the chop.

T4-T10: Whip Granary with 1 chop and 1 pop whip.

Played the set with nothing out of ordinary, Mansa asked for OB but I did not take it. He is please with us. We can OB with him as needed.

I deviated a bit from the scouting path when I realized that heading NE 1 turn more will unfog it fully. There is a Pig up there. Archer ran in to a panther and healing for 2 turns, he can move SW next as originally planned.

Whipped the granary as planned. Here is the world as we know it.

Spoiler :

Mansa let his capital grow to size 3.
Spoiler :

Oh yeah. There is an AI out there, who's capital is 3x3 tiles away from one of the corners. See that one AI have 22 land tiles, that is from the corder tile. That is also the tile you will see of an AI when zoomed out and the culture filter is on even if you do not see his/her BFC.
Spoiler :

Mansa and us have same amount of espy point toward each other. So he has not met anyone else either so far. He grew to size 2 on T5.
Spoiler :

I would like to test a scenario of shutting down science for about 5 turns before city two is connected and see if that would speed up Alpha time. That way we can trade for IW sooner and our 3rd city can claim iron or go for the gem city sooner. I am slow on time until later today but would like to do so. We are not too far behind others I think.

Actually I just checked, and Maple S. are racing to finish it seem. I hope they do not know something we do not know. Or we are just slow. Either case we can speed up once we get going.

Looks good :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom