SGOTM 18 - Kakumeika

Gandhi is almost guaranteed to research music next

He has a 10 Cultural Flavor, and Music is Culture 10, military 1, religion 3, and science 2 (plus there is a free great person up for grabs)

Mansa is a different story

He has 2 Religion and 5 Gold (So there is a small chance Music will be chosen)
I'm not clear how much being at war affects the flavors and how techs are chosen. I have to assume all techs with a military flavor are preferred, perhaps all AI at war get a temporary "10" for military techs?

The free great person (or founding a religion or a free technology) makes a more dramatic effect on tech choice I think that any of the flavors, perhaps more than how much being at war affects it as well.

So it is hard to say what Mansa is teching next
Metal Casting is Science 5, Gold 6, Military 7, Production 9, and Culture 2
Mansa has a reasonable chance of teching Metal Casting, but I know AI look 2 techs deep into the Tech Tree and since Mansa is teching Math I suspect he is teching Construction next. However Metal Casting does fit reasonably well with his flavors and might be more popular with him since he is at war.

So Metal Casting is a popular with a wide range of AI but of course doesn't offer the free great person. It has a military flavor. It doesn't unlock any wonders though since the Colossus has already been built. I believe that influences the AI tech choice as well.

AI like to research construction early
It's flavors are military 2, Religion 1, Prod 6, Science 2, culture 1, and growth 2

My best Guess
Gandhi is researching Music, and Mansa is researching Consturction.

I think we should research Metal Casting and I don't think we have to wait for Mansa's tech choice to start. I'm willing to risk wasting a turn or 2 on metal casting for the chance to finish it earlier and thus trading for theology earlier and getting paper and education earlier.

Unlike most games we should be able to trade paper and education since we don't want liberalism ourselves. So I would like to get paper and education asap.

I also agree with all that bcool. (research on MC now) I was thinking Seraiel reported that we had to pay GK, but he's paying us. Good time for a cease.

I'm going to go ahead and guess Mansa will pick Calendar.
Naturally, I hope it's Construction.

I also agree with all that bcool. (research on MC now) I was thinking Seraiel reported that we had to pay GK, but he's paying us. Good time for a cease.

I'm going to go ahead and guess Mansa will pick Calendar.
Naturally, I hope it's Construction.

Mmm, is Joao teching Calendar? I don't see it in his tech choices in the trade screen.

I also don't like trading away Marble. Although I don't think we are building the National Epic soon. Although I would like to see the Heroic Epic built as soon as possible (seems likely to be unlocked in about 10 turns)

I really would like to see FemBot recalled to the war effort, we can split xp from a GG 10 to her and 10 to another unit and FemBot can become a super medic without forcing us to attach the GG to her!
Basically we could get 2 SuperMedics out of 1 GG! Or whatever we want the unit we attach the GG to to become.

T72 - 74:

I have to write some fast updates, have to sleep.

Spoiler :

I took the cease-fire with Genghis. Teleporting the Spear northwards wasn't possible because we'd have lost our Worker if taking the cease-fire next turn. Spear got promoted to Woodsmen II to speed him up moving northwards.

T73 Evil finished Alpha:

T74 annoying Joao came towards us:

Of course I denied.

We also build the GL and we shouldn't have built it any turn earlier as that would have screwed with our Great Spy :eek: :

It was also the turn where we got Maths:

The trade was so balanced as you can see that Mansa wasn't even willing to give 10g on top, even though we had 88 :science: into it. We may want to know this for easier trade-calculations in the future.

And guess what: Genghis built another Worker for us. I think we can wait for him to finish the road and continue with roading southwards if we want, would be nice to have some more units in his range. I btw. support pillaging his Horses, though it's not gonna be that easy because he has 2 of them and unfortunately, he finished HBR just this turn.

I'm in bed now for the next 10-12h. If somebody wants to take over, just say so. If so anyhow, make 100% sure to not hire any Scientists in Shark.

Save uploaded.

Sera

P.S.: Mansa Purge worked nicely. He's researching Calendar for us now.

I wasn't joking about getting the 2 GS's for Edu. Does the timing work out if we want that? Would anyone else consider that if I made a good case?

Unless I missed something, it appears we've lost a couple turns on MC. I guess we've been doing 0% research into Math for the past couple turns? Another delay for MC/Paper/Edu. God help us if Mansa starts the AP and we can't get Theo.

I spent hours optimizing Alotta and Dixie. What happened? The HA's are all delayed. Both roads did not finish in time. :confused: I'd like to know what happened.

Oh ya, the spear didn't have movement points. My mistake. :(
Glad we took the Cease Fire right away.

Ahh, probably shouldn't have built wealth for 2 more turns. We are in a bit of a race to get techs done before Mansa can start teching them.

I've noticed a couple times it mentioned that a city will 'have to build a worker' because otherwise it will get angry. I would rather get an angry citizen that just build a settler/worker solely for the purpose of not growing the city. So just make a mental note of that. I'm not sure when we put those hammers in a Worker in Shark, but I hope it wasn't for the reason noted above. I suspect the hammers in the Shark-Worker were actually wisely put there for a probable whip for the Great Library.

I'm not asking for anyone to explain/justify this. Just want to get my opinion the idea of preventing city growth.

Washington
We're going to build an awful lot of HA here. What about a barracks first? It's not too late. Sadly, Washington was already whipped this turn (74) even tho the PPP says next turn (75) :sad:

Shark:

T74 + 75 - Horse-Archer + 2-pop-whip (City must produce Worker at size2 afterwards or it'll suffer from :mad: ) . (cannot hire Scientist or no Great Spy from Capitalist) .

I believe the whip anger should wear off exactly in time so the city will not be angry at size 3 or size 4. Keep building HA on 76.

This is incorrect. We can hire 1 scientist for 1 turn if we want and that will only put us at 99/100. We will still get the Spy.

(I'm still thinking about making a case for 2 GS's)

I think we should work some scientists in the capital. Work them in Shark too. Build National Epic in Shark too.

I want a mountain of Great People and don't care if we get 100% Great Spy first. I'm willing to risk the small chance of a Great Scientist instead. :crazyeye:

Mansa's got 2000:gold: in his bank needs stealing. :D

So the timing works out pretty good for the 2 GS edu bulb.

Plan A (actually I prefer plan B):
Shark can produce a GS in 8 turns (7 if we really want it).
Shark can produce GS #2 in 14 turns

So we can bulb Education on turn 96.

T81: Metal C
T82-83: Theo (then trade for Theo)
T84-96: Paper...AND free Education.

We need to decide now because we would not want to whip Shark.

Plan B:
Work a scientist (or two) in Capitalist and let fate decide. if we get a GS then do the double bulb. If we get a spy, then one GS bulb.

In this case we get our GS or Spy in 4 turns! Instead of waiting 12 turns like we are now. If it's a GS instead of a spy, then we go with the double bulb. (but you know we will get the spy)

Summary:
Even if ya'all don't like my double bulb idea. I really think we should accelerate the GSpy to 4 turns (we could have it in 3 turns if you really want).
that means we need a regular spy or two built soon.
Edit: Xpost with Kaitzilla! Yes, we agree. Let's run scientists.

Washington
We're going to build an awful lot of HA here. What about a barracks first? It's not too late. Sadly, Washington was already whipped this turn (74) even tho the PPP says next turn (75) :sad:

Mmm, there was hope we could whip and chop the city into a smoldering ruin, gift the city away to Genghis at Size 1, conquer it back with a chariot, and hopefully keep the granary (50% chance)

If we built a barracks we'd have to abandon that plan.

I was thinking we could maybe get the 2 spies this way in Washington if we get a Great Spy.
Even if one fails, the other is bound to get a full 1000:gold: out of Mansa's capital.
1500:gold: would be better but Mansa might trade some away or a spy could fail.

Try it out in the test game. Increase mansa's gold until the espionage screen says we have to spend 4000:espionage: on the steal treasury mission. (should be 2000 gold)
Wait 5 turns and then steal treasury. Should be about half his gold. Do it twice and we steal 3/4th's of his gold.
Have to wait until the last second to infiltrate. Mansa will spike his espionage slider unless we spend most of our :espionage: right away and lower our spending bonus.

Mmm, there was hope we could whip and chop the city into a smoldering ruin, gift the city away to Genghis at Size 1, conquer it back with a chariot, and hopefully keep the granary (50% chance)

If we built a barracks we'd have to abandon that plan.

That is a fun plan. I forgot about that idea. I'm not sure it's a good one any more. We need to start thinking about building Libraries and be prepared to whip/chop universities on turn 96! But there might still be time to whip the hell out of it (not chop so much) and then re-capture it in time for universities.

I'm also not a big fan of stopping working the fur. That city could also use cottages since it will be a university city.

Top Bottom