SGOTM 20 - The Shawshank Redemption

Very good Deckhand. I love how you showed your thought process and eventually spotted what happened. Stay tuned to hear where we're at. I wanted to let the whole team suffer enjoy the drama.

Turnset Report T133

:faint: You're not going to believe what happened this turn!

No one could have predicted this.

See if you can figure out what happened with this screenshot of St. Pete:
Spoiler :

Probably not with that one... How about this one.
Spoiler :
First thing I noticed was that we got the forest tile into our culture (before there were 3 uncultured tiles, now there are two). Then I looked for five minutes trying to find something of greater significance, but couldn't. Then I started typing this and it hit me--
Spoiler :
we didn't get that tile, Rostov did. Plus we lost two tiles to Petar. We had 2 in reserve, though, didn't we? Or what?

Yes, aren't the green-on-green borders confusing?
Spoiler :
Rostov's border expansion will instantly grab any tiles that were previously Russian.

The border expansion also reaches tiles near Oren :eek:

Forntunately, those tiles were not Russia-owned, We must've got to Oren before it had a chance to pop borders or put significant culture in the 2nd ring. :whew:

So, I think you're right, we only lost 2 land tiles (and some water)

Alright. Not many team members have checked in yet, but some have been waiting long enough for the drama to unfold.

With the loss of tiles at St. Pete, and choosing to not settle NewCity, we ended up with....
Spoiler :
572/571 tiles!

We have won Domination!

:dance: :band:

Then the question becomes: What about Avig/Grenoble?
Spoiler :
No surprise, Peter will take them. After upload, I'll re-load and see what would have happened with NewCity.

And finally, we free the North and South. Roosevelt and Shaka are now our vassals. :cool:

Check the F7 screen for 2+ religions in each city. :scan: Done.

Count temples: :scan: 71

Anything else? Ready to upload.

Seems like everything is in order.

All existing Holy Cities are under our supreme command, right?

Upload that Momma.

Well played, WT!!! Good job cleaning up all Mitchum's blunders.

sounds good. as the last upload doesnt show i cant check it, so we have to wait. but if you are sure...

or you give me access to the file

sounds good. as the last upload doesnt show i cant check it, so we have to wait. but if you are sure...

well, if you're offering to check the file before we are locked in with an official upload, then we should take that offer. How would you like the file delivered?

well, if you're offering to check the file before we are locked in with an official upload, then we should take that offer. How would you like the file delivered?
BSP, by 'check' did you mean only checks, or will money orders do?

Thats what I ment: I cant check it now, as I cant see the finish save. So you will have to wait for alanh/deckhand.

So, can we go into the spectator thread?
Should we not post there? cus that would show other teams we are done?
I imagine they will think we are still working for long time yet. It'd be nice not to burst their bubbles.... and listen to them pray we are not done yet :)

I can not check your finish-save (as I am not an admin) and therefor I cant accept your finished game and so you shouldnt read the lurker thread yet.

:clap:
Nice finish!!
:clap:

I just looked at the progress graphs, and the word "efficient" sure comes to mind.

I dont know if some of the other teams might have finished, but I suspect PR is... They have a HUGE verticle culture jump very similar to our final one. This probably comes from a bunch of vasiliztions and temple builds. They played a couple of turns after it, quite possible because they were a few tiles short of domination, or they were waiting for the AP vote. It looks like we beat them by ~10 to 12 turns

In any event, our current score is WAY below 3 of the other teams. Our power is below 4 teams and about half of that of two of them... Our power is even lower a few of the teams had at this same date.

Confirmed... Gumbolt is currently listing as the last post in the Spectators tread, so PR is definitly finished.

Very good Deckhand. I love how you showed your thought process and eventually spotted what happened. Stay tuned to hear where we're at. I wanted to let the whole team suffer enjoy the drama.
I was looking at another north coast city when I thought it was temple loss. [You had 71 though, so OK].

Yes, aren't the green-on-green borders confusing?
('most) Everyone else eliminated Peter for that reason.

OK, uploaded!
Can you post the final upload log? (or BUFFY log) Alan is only one with access to final save. What I've been doing for others is to check their next to final save and see the victory announcement inn the upload log. A victory screen shot is ok too.

So, can we go into the spectator thread?
Should we not post there? cus that would show other teams we are done?
I imagine they will think we are still working for long time yet. It'd be nice not to burst their bubbles.... and listen to them pray we are not done yet :)
If you have uploaded your final save, then you can look at other team threads and post in the spectator thread (if you are ok w others realizing you are done).
Spoiler :
We just can't say if you officially met all the objectives. (like winning)
:salute:

Everyone knows you are pretty much finished now. You were strong favourites for the gold from the start. They certainly know PR are done if they paid attention to the posts and graphs.

Congrats on a super fast finish.

:goodjob:

Top Bottom