[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

I don't think we can delay getting a wb to the NW indefinitely. At some point, we have to bite the bullet and send one over that way, right?
Right. The first workbook for each city is most crucial. I haven’t looked at how fast cows will produce them.

t60-63 = 4 wkr-t
t64-65 = 2 wkr-t x2
t66-67 on/off board

Ideally they board T64, off T65
T66 on gem
T67 mine

Are you saying you have a duty for the galley and you want to delay them on purpose? Or are you thinking we won't have IW by then? I think we will.

Last edited:
Ideally they board T64, off T65
T66 on gem

Are you saying you have a duty for the galley and you want to delay them on purpose? Or are you thinking we won't have IW by then? I think we will.
By my calcs, T64 is the soonest the galley can arrive in Profit after dropping a settler and worker off on the NE Isle.

Also, I see IW arriving T67-8. Are you counting on failgold?

By my calcs, T64 is the soonest the galley can arrive in Profit after dropping a settler and worker off on the NE Isle.
Correct. I'm just saying ideally we'd want it 1t sooner. We can keep the option open to return in time if we scout ahead with the wb (by whipping it T46)
If we decide to settle NE Isle later (or not at all) based on what wb finds, we use the u-turn option to optimize gems chop in the event that we actually make T67 IW.

btw, we could probably make IW 67 if we delayed Whales a couple turns. That way, we could net seafood on settle-T0 instead of T1.
That, in turn, would mean that we grow 1 turn sooner the 2nd time (assuming we whip monument ASAP)
We just need to look ahead and make sure it is still set up to contribute to the failgold plans. The way that Whales 'pays for itself' is by adding 30h (60g) to Henge.
If NE Isle has the food to also whip OF for gold. We might have all 7 cities working for us!

Also, I see IW arriving T67-8. Are you counting on failgold?
No failgold. T67 is the earliest we can use IW (with the stone workers), so if you also see T67-68 we should be good.

Espionage, Demo, SB screenshots.

Here is some more screenshots.
T45 Real Game
Spoiler :

Canal City has 2:hammers: in Monument :)

I'll play with the test game tonight and try to add some thoughts to LowtherCastle's PPP.

**Edit**
Test Game Cow City has 2 extra forests.
Test Game Canal City has a 12:hammers: Monument while real game is 2:hammers: Monument and 10:hammers: Workboat.
Test Game has 1 less :science: ya.
Test Game Cowboy worker has movement, but Real Game Cowboy has already improved fur.

Just a few minor things that don't really affect much.

Last edited:
The 10H in the wb in Canal means that a wb can be whipped the turn after the revolt to Slavery so that has a pretty big impact.

WT said that he got forest growth in the test game. Shame on WT for not growing forests in the real game! ;) Do those forests in the test game affect worker movement at all?

I've been busy this week but I might have time tomorrow to run some tests too. Can people who run tests upload their save files? :please:

EDIT: based on the discussion so far, what are the open items for your PPP, LC? Maybe we can focus on those and narrow down until we have answers for all.

We can keep the option open to return in time if we scout ahead with the wb (by whipping it T46).
No. T64 in Profit after settler and wkr on NE Isle depends on no slavery until T50.

It’s a gamble that the worker will have something to do. We know there are sheep and forest tiles. In the BFC?

The problem is, once the galley goes south, how will we get a worker over there if needed? I’d rather strand one there. Sci can build more.

@Testing/Open Items:
How to get our teching done fastest?
Timing of wbs from Cows to various nets, with spare for NW?
When to settle Whales?
Can we afford Whales and NE Isle? When?
Unit costs for multiple workers.

How does that work? Mining what?
Gems.

I’m envisioning building a more workers in science city. So we would have one at Whales, one on the NE Isle, two at Profit, and one or two more in the science city area. That worker or 2 Will Rd. the two gems tiles snd that plains Hill tile and would be available to start mining the gems before turn 67 if ironworking is finished.

In my book, if we tech IW, then we bring those gem mines on line asap.

workers. no surprise, I'm against making more, but maybe we can squeeze them in.
We don't have much work to do. Most of our cities will need to grow on their water tiles.
workers cost maintenance. workers cost 60h
Science is the only city that has time to even attempt to build them.
Science has to work at least 5 tiles at all times preferably 6 (especially after Winery)
Science needs a library (3 whip?)
Science has to produce maxOF failgold
Science has to produce our warriors (or maybe whip chariots for max OF? This way it contributes to wonder failgold, but doesn't lose a lot of citizens....and it might not hurt to have something more powerful than a warrior. Seems like SB is designed to be cramped and expand using violence. (Aggressive AI setting btw.) Maybe we should be stealing workers?

How to get our teching done fastest?
That mediocre stone city (Profit) is one of the Seven for one obvious reason: Stone. And that is the key to fast tech.
If we miss out on Henge/GW, then the next stone wonder is prob Mids/Moai and Moai will take a while to build in Profit.
This is why I want Joan to get us Stone 4t early.
It would be nice to know if we have Iron at Profit before they leave, but that probably only happens if someone builds Henge soon.

Yes, I think having two workers improving the stone makes a ton of sense. Needing a galley at multiple places at the same time is a PITA.

I'm assuming that all whip OF goes into a (edit: stone) wonder, right? Or are there situations where whip OF goes into another critical build (like more wbs).

workers. no surprise, I'm against making more, but maybe we can squeeze them in.
We don't have much work to do. Most of our cities will need to grow on their water tiles.
workers cost maintenance. workers cost 60h
Science is the only city that has time to even attempt to build them.
Science has to work at least 5 tiles at all times preferably 6 (especially after Winery)
Science needs a library (3 whip?)
Science has to produce maxOF failgold
Science has to produce our warriors (or maybe whip chariots for max OF? This way it contributes to wonder failgold, but doesn't lose a lot of citizens....and it might not hurt to have something more powerful than a warrior. Seems like SB is designed to be cramped and expand using violence. (Aggressive AI setting btw.) Maybe we should be stealing workers?
Sci has nothing to build right now. Warriors = maint cost and we have surplus happies.

Optimization

1. Stone quarry T63.
2. Starting T63, 60h overflow into SH and GW every turn.
3. IW for iron tiles, T67 latest. Is iron so important?
4. All 7 cities settled asap. 7th city wait for iron?
5. Full granaries everywhere asap for #2.
6. Lighthouses for #2.
7. First OF whip on T62.

Last edited:
Sci has nothing to build right now. Warriors = maint cost and we have surplus happies
how about prep a chariot for whipping (once we have Wheel)
Some of the warriors have a long walk. After settling Whales T54 won't we have a couple free spots open?
Could at least start a warrior soon.
And then you have Joan to build.

Top Bottom