1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Apr 23, 2020.

1. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Stone exists on T63, right? So we can whip stuff (granaries) T62
    I want a couple workable tiles, ideally for Canal and Profit. Other than that, it's just Ironworks, so not super important.

LowtherCastle likes this.
  2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Today I will try to work out the entire infrastructure plan for our empire based on the optimization.

Any key factors missing?

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  3. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

My prediction: NE Isle has tundra copper and iron at far e/w ends. :crazyeye:

4. WastinTime

Right now 1f = 1c
    post granary 1f = 2c
    Now that we've committed to stone,
    1f = 4c :thumbsup:
    That means, those tundra fur tiles might as well be one of your TP-tiles...
    ...so we shouldn't be afraid to 2pop whip a granary (maxOF) and spend time not working tundra-fur
    Cows needs to average +3fpt in order to manage a 2pop whip every 10 turns.
    That means:
    Cows does a wb every 4 turns with the next ones due T50 (explore NW?), 54 (for Silver), 58 (for Profit)
    It can produce wb5, 6, & 7 then it needs to start that granary
    Agree. I've been calling it 'Metal Island' ever since we saw no copper...and that's just short for : 'Precious-Metal Island' :please:
    and, btw, we don't need those metals urgently...well, except gold.

5. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

@WT

For Wonder Bread, it seemed like you were whipping a crap ton in your BC Space game but you had the option of gifting and retaking the city to erase whip anger in that game and we don't. In this game, should we try to stick to a cycle of 1 whip every 10 turns (with 7 cities that would yield max OF hammers into a wonder 70% of the turns) or are you thinking that we'll work the cities a bit harder than that.

If we do set up a 10-turn cycle, it would be good to know how much excess food to work each turn (post granary) in each city for the optimal re-growth so we know, for example, how much we can work the low-food, high-commerce tiles. I'm assuming that whipping 4 -> 2 or 5 -> 3 is probably ideal so that we need less food to re-grow but it might be hard to find things to build that take a 2-pop whip once all key infra is done.

I remember hearing a strategy about Golden Walls. Once we hook up stone, is that something that we'll be able to use? I can't remember how it works and it might have been nerfed with Buffy...

6. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

BTW, it looks like PR may have learned BW a turn before we did...

Kaitzilla likes this.
  7. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Thanks, without any goals it is impossible to optimize. :thumbsup:

I favor 2 Workers from Science City after Monument (5 turns and 4 turns).
    They can cottage capital, chop, road to + improve gems, prechop outside our borders, or even work as a scout if need.
    I don't think we will ever have more than 5 workers.
    Science City can then build Granary, Warriors, Library, and Great Wall.

We can also do only 1 Worker if we are thinking of 2-pop whipping 40:hammers: into Oracle or TGL in a coastal city because worker is the only way we have to turn :food: into :hammers: :hmm:

Don't really have much to contribute, you guys have got the next 10 turns down pretty solid.

Workboat can explore the north, galley and drop off settler+worker if results are promising, and galley can race back down south to get stone up faster.
    If the north is a dud, Galley can turn back from 1E of Canal City and get stone online even faster.

We can 1-pop whip barracks in Profit city for a 25:hammers: overflow pretty easily if we get 3-population and want Oracle a bit faster, but that is after this turnset.

8. WastinTime

:blush: stop rubbing it in.
    We work em much harder at first. Get anger up to 2 or 3 at least. Then maybe get on a 12 turn cycle or something that lets anger wear off.
    Or we get get gold, Ivory, calendar resources, religion, temples, Representation, etc. and keep the anger coming.
    So, in other words, whatever our empire can handle.

9. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

That wasn't my intent at all. I have a feeling that they took a different tech path than we did and most likely settled cities at different times and in different places. I think our games have already diverged a bit...

10. WastinTime

saul goodman. I was just joking. :cool:

Are you saying NW? or whpiping a wb ASAP in Canal for NE Island? I vote for the latter.
    With the last Cows wb going to net food in Whales.

11. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

When we get to a point where our workers don't have a ton to do, we could start culling forests (outside borders?) to promote forest regrowth. For example, the forest at Science-2S2E cannot promote regrowth at all but by removing it, it allows the forests to the E and W an opportunity to regrow on that tile (and the jungle too :(). Those forests won't add a ton of extra hammers but every bit counts and we can turn those unusable forests into gold and promote extra growth at the same time.

12. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

I was thinking whip WB + Monument in Canal as soon as possible.
    The faster that island gets explored, the faster it can try going east of Sitting Bull or netting Canal.

Every AI we meet gives us a 4% tech boost if they already have it.
    With sailing, we can trade them resources.
    Maybe even get a religion spread.

Yes, chop forests outside borders.
    Heck, send the workers overseas and have them chop the AI's future forests.

More realistically, chop down by those 2 clams because SB will settle there when we open borders.

13. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

Now that we're off the Alphabet beeline, is there a super big hurry to meet the AI just yet? Yes, an exploring wb would provide useful information but are we in that big a rush? We aren't in a position to kill 'em all just yet and they likely won't know Alphabet for quite a while so getting techs from them is quite a ways off too. So I'm starting to get on WT's bandwagon of taking care of our own city's nets first before sending a wb off to explore. We need to do that eventually but we need to keep our cities growing for Wonder Bread.

14. WastinTime

sure, as long as ASAP means 'as soon as Pottery' :king: for the 2nd (monument) whip cus we need 30 OF into granary to be able to 1 pop whip it.

15. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

I think I did Whip WB -> Whip Monument -> Whip WB into Granary
    It gets Granary out in good time and the 1st workboat explores the whole time.
    Spoiler :
    **Edit**
    Sitting Bull is blocking our east now.
    Hmm.
    Spoiler :

Yes, I am even more in favor of mass chopping down near the 2 clams southeast of Science City.
    That will be SB's 3rd city when he sends a galley over.

Canal City needs 100:culture: to seal off our lands from Sitting Bull and his Galley.

If he settles on that hill near wheat, I'll be mega irritated.

16. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

WT, I was just looking closer at your new avatar and it's actually quite clever. I hadn't noticed that the K and 9 look like the corner of a playing card.

17. WastinTime

Thx for noticing! Yeah, it's five cards and uses the negative space between them for a dog outline. (my company logo for King9 Games...) I designed it myself. (for Dog-themed card games)

18. WastinTime

What's your plan after that? 1 whip the granary now? or grow to size 4 and maxOF whip it into a wonder? I want to compare that to whipping granary earlier

19. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

That is clever! I hadn’t noticed that. I only noticed the canine part. By the way, is that “King Nine” or “K-ing Nine”? :mischief:

20. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Another PITA is not having copper for two-whipping axes. I’m thinking NZ intentionally made it very hard to finish the Oracle in time. My second prediction is no copper, no iron anywhere in our city borders. Forcing us to trade with some AI at usorious rates.