• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM6 - Team CDZ

carlosMM said:
as I said: totally beside the point, as akots READ about this HERE, after col had played.

that was a general comment, directed at this:

This requires that col knows GOTM rules.

If, OTOHm you read col's turn log you see he didn't THEN realize it might be an exploit:

no indication whatsoever.

So your conclusion that one can read from col's post that he knew it was 'exploitive' is based on hot air.

Crikey. We're not in OT any more, Toto. :p

All I was pointing out is that there seemed to be some uncertainty within your team as to whether this was exploitive. In future, (and this goes for ALL teams), if there is any inkling of doubt, then please ask. MB does a very good job at organising all of this, and is very proactive in responding to questions.

In response to this, he was trying to find a way of dealing with it that is fair to both yourselves and to the other teams competing against you. It appears that a satisfactory compromise has been reached.

Congrats on your game. :)

ainwood said:
Crikey. We're not in OT any more, Toto. :p

All I was pointing out is that there seemed to be some uncertainty within your team as to whether this was exploitive. In future, (and this goes for ALL teams), if there is any inkling of doubt, then please ask. MB does a very good job at organising all of this, and is very proactive in responding to questions.

Actually it never occurred to me that it would be exploitative. Of course I'm familiar with the exploit of running science at 100% with a huge deficit in a space run where loss of a building doesnt compensate. Running at 100% tax and losing a culture building in a culture game was quite different in my mind - and I'm still not clear that it IS an exploit at all. Its what the game is designed to do.

Congrats everyone, especially col for picking up my turns. :)

2nd is better than a kick in the nuts, as they say. :D

As for the rules thing, lets just say that CDZ seems a little defensive when challenged atm. :lol:

I agree that our game was clearly beatable, in that we had a pretty indifferent start. We put a lot of effort in trying to build the Pyramids, and eventually were beaten to it by 9 turns or so, and bailed out to the Lighthouse, instead of the TOA. Our initial build was very tight, and we merged workers into our "pyramid" city etc. However, we were pretty relieved not to be miles behind when the qsc stats were published, and from then on we played a strong game, although there was still a lot of disagreement re attack order etc.

We clearly made up ground on the other teams on our military expansion phase, not wasting too long on Mongols etc. We trusted to Gallic Warriors more than other teams, which is clearly right as they were very cheap. In addition we were very clear about the importance of the Pyramids from the start, which seems to have only gradually dawned on some other teams. If Paris had built the Pyramids, we would have changed our strategy to allow for this.

Of course if our Pyramid build had worked, we would have had a great game. In practice given the boost the AI were given, we were always struggling.

Top Bottom