Shaitan & eyrei, the new Demo game mods!

I guess there is super modhood too.

Generally speaking, you can't recommend someone for modhood. Thunderfall gives out mod powers as sparingly as possible and only when there is an immediate and specific need. Neo-mods are generally recommended by existing mods who know them from their contact in the forums. In our case, Duke of Marlbrough recomended both eyrei and myself.

?!?
never i will accept. would take all the fun out of discussion for me.
i would never be able to insult people again!
???

Originally posted by disorganizer
a good example would be my pi-thread, which was closed rather quick and i think without any explicit request to do so?
well it at least looked like it.

The thread was closed by my request to eyrei. Shaitan was not involved.

The investigation was closed after I called for dismissal based upon No Merit, and that recommendation was endorsed by both Shaitan and Eklektikos.

Neither individual lobbied me to call for the No Merit vote, and I could well have let it run it's natural course. The decision to go for the quick end was mine alone.

I did advise the Chief Justice that I would be making the call for the vote prior to going public, but that was merely courtesy, and ensuring I remained on proper legal ground.

Bill

tnx for clarification, but it was already clarified ;-)
and nobody accused shaitan, as he didnt close the thread :p

Any mod of the demo game should not only continue on as a citizen, but also ENCOURAGED to do so.

These threads are much more complicated than the typical "culture flipping sucks" fare we encounter in the GD area. It takes someone involved with the game to understand the details and context of any mod like events.

I can understand hesitation regarding government positions, but I cannot see any valid reason to deny them their citizenship.

For those who were here, you might remember that eyrei was the key organizer of this game in the beginning, and I would hate to lose his contributions. Shaitan's contributions are of course legendary, even amongst those who don't agree with them.

Originally posted by disorganizer
tnx for clarification, but it was already clarified ;-)
and nobody accused shaitan, as he didnt close the thread :p

I understand, but felt it best to fully address any inuendos that may be attempted later.

I second having their citizenship here, as all mods since the time of the ONE creating our world had been (DOF, DOM, GF).
Only leader positions (and i even think deputy positions) should be denied. Im afraid this will effect also participation as governors and judcalists, which will limit them to heads of offices or mayors.

Mods can be players in the game just as everyone else. Based upon the current constitution, we are not allowed to 'hold leader positions'.

Based upon that Mods can be part of the judicial branch since they are not considered leader positions. My interpitation of the constitution means that Mods cannot be in the Executive branch.

All the Mods are just ordinary citizens who happen to enforce the rules and do maintinace for the forum, nothing more. Our opinions about what to do in the game carry no more weight than any other citizen.

If any citizen feels that there is an abuse of power, they can contact any of the Mods in the game and ask that it be looked at. I will still be here, I just couldn't continue the time commiment that was needed to do it by myself.

Top Bottom