SheepNES: Modern Battlefields: MAIN THREAD

OOC:

lol nice wiki there, according to that North Koreas allowed to own another planet :p

OOC:

Well... when the aliens come you'll be glad we went to the moon! :D

First of, I'd like to state tht I really didn't expect anyone to accept it. rather I got what I wanted- for the topic to open up once. You should notice that I called it "Call for Change" rather than any plan.

1.5 from Americas (no point in having a separate slot for North America, as most of North America is USA which is a permanent member)

First off, most of North America is Canada :rolleyes:. If I'm going to have people questioning my intelligence, you better get yours right also. Second off, my plan had the Carribean lumped with North America and the mainland of Central America lumped with South- equal out the numbers.

1.5 from Americas (no point in having a separate slot for North America, as most of North America is USA which is a permanent member)
1 from Europe
1 from Middle-East + North Africa (North Africa resembles Middle East more than the SubSaharan Africa from all angles, and Middle East does not have anything in common with the Far East Asia)
1 from Sub-saharan Africa
1.5 from rest of Asia + Oceania

1.5 means one period they have 1 country, the next they have 2. The two 1.5's are alternating so their total is always 3, never 2 or 4.

Everyone jump on him! He forgot South America! Oooh noooo! you're plan is even more ridicoulus than mine. Giving Oceania- a region even less important (in political terms) the most remote village in the Andes two votes (at times) is crazy. Asia alone earns enough of a vote for itself- Oceania should be a seperate slot. The Middle-East would be an issue to itself and should be lumped as either an independent region or part of Asia- as it has always been. Africa is not two continents either- two give it two would require giving Asia two simply on the fact that Russia- falling "mostly" under Asia, is not like the rest of the continent.

The People's Republic of China has reviewed your proposal and rejects it outright. We are open to allowing more nations into the UNSC, but to demand that the United States, France, United Kingdom, Russian Federation, and the People's Republic of China give up their veto's power is totally unrealistic. Further more to compare the losses of Brazil to the People Republic of China during WWII is insulting to us. Millions of Chinese died at the hands of the Japanese, the PRC missed the point during WWII where this happened to Brazil. When you do this you have disshonored the memory of the millions of people in Europe, the United States, Russia, and China that fougt against the forces of Oppression.

It was already assumed that those greedy to hold something to theirselves for half a century would not give it up easily- especially from a place that does not even give its people basic rights to express theirselves. Second off, we did not compare the numbers- we mentioned nothing of China's and only asked if your people's lives were worth more than ours. Was is dishonoring to their memory is yourselves holding back the freedopms they fought and died for. Do not dare talk about dishonor to us.

Not too good at geography, are you? Australia alone is a continent, though we're usually lumped in with Oceania. Still, why is our region worth mention seemingly only as an afterthought? If you plan to compare casualties, the Germans and Chinese are right, their losses were hundreds of times heavier than yours. Hell, Australia's losses were heavier than yours. Eighty-eight times heavier, in fact.

Appearntly neither are you. It was our first idea to also call for the addition of two non-veto seats to the security council for Oceania, but that seemed unnessicary. Second off, did we compare numbers? Did we say "Brazil lost X, compared to y of the Australians!"? No- quit trying to pick a fight and go back to wasting your breath to someone else.

But that's irrelevant. The point is that, for the most part, the current permanent members have served the world's interests fine. After all, we're still alive, aren't we?

Surprisingly yes. But only because they couldn't kill all of each other at the same time.

"A death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic" - Stalin

And we all love Stalin, don't we? The fact that Stalin didn't care are of the millions he sent to die appearently doesn't matter. Why would he worry about the numbers?

Also, France refuses to accept the Brazilian proposal (It will not work, no one will agree to who gets to Vote. The world is still very much divided along national lines, and nations of the same continent still hate eachother very much. It is this same kind of thinking, of disregard for national borders and sovriegnty, which lead to the failure of the EU constitution. The world, unfortunately, is not perfect - No continent will agree to one distinct representative save maybe North America. I see this simply as a ploy by Brazil to gain power) Nicolas Sarkozy has won the elections, but France has yet to put a story up and will not have time

Big shock- Panda refusing to give up power :rolleyes:. The fact that they hate each other will only work as advantage to ensure that no one people get elected time after time- It'll take much more work to convince people to accept you if they hate you than have them hand it to you. Rather, North America might be a hard sell since US is annoying more and more of its neighbors. And Panda, I'm not afraid to admit what I'm doing- while you on the other hand refuse to admit what you're attempting to keep.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea dislikes the proposal made by Brazil, since we have no chance of gaining a seat or a vote, we wouldnt want to be represented by only one Asian power who doesnt share our views, whitch would be likely in such an arrangement

Well, its not like you have a great chance to get a seat anyways. Maybe it you played nice and within the rules someone might care about you :rolleyes:.

We fully support the Brazillian Proposal! We give it our unequivocal support.

Wow! Another huge shock :)!

You see people, I said (I don't know how many times) that I didn't expect for it even pass. All I wanted to do was start the (hopefully) chain reaction that will lead to reform (I doubt it again).

OOC

@ Darkening

Dude, if you pay attention to what's being posted, you won't have to write such long (and obsolete/invalid/irrelevant) replies.

1- My posts have nothing to do with continents.

2- Your reply claims I said things that I haven't.

3- We already had some exchange of ideas over my first proposal, about which you figuratively scream in your post. Your opposition is obsolete, as I already reiterated my suggestion, with separate slots for NAmerica and Oceania, several dozen posts ago.

and by the way, when I said I applauded your proposal, I wasn't being sarcastic. Apparently when you get multiple criticisms, you tend to go berserk and argue against anybody, including people partially agreeing with you.

OOC

@ Darkening

Dude, if you pay attention to what's being posted, you won't have to write such long (and obsolete/invalid/irrelevant) replies.

1- My posts have nothing to do with continents.

3- We already had some exchange of ideas over my first proposal, about which you figuratively scream in your post. Your opposition is obsolete, as I already reiterated my suggestion, with separate slots for NAmerica and Oceania, several dozen posts ago.

and by the way, when I said I applauded your proposal, I wasn't being sarcastic. Apparently when you get multiple criticisms, you tend to go berserk and argue against anybody, including people partially agreeing with you.

Yep- thasts me in a nutshell: crazy, paranoid, and arguementive :rolleyes:. Appearntly you're not the one who said

"1.5 from Americas (no point in having a separate slot for North America, as most of North America is USA which is a permanent member)
1 from Europe
1 from Middle-East + North Africa (North Africa resembles Middle East more than the SubSaharan Africa from all angles, and Middle East does not have anything in common with the Far East Asia)
1.5 from rest of Asia + Oceania"

Are those not continents?

Really? Show me where and I'll gladly change it.

What is up with all of you people and having things your way? Just because you guys come to a conclusion I'm not allowed to argue my point- the same exact thing you're currently doing? What, am I supposed to shut up when you command me to?

EDIT: Sorry if I get a little annoyed when people try to insult me, try to shut me up whenever its my turn to debate, and whenever I don't agree with them.

To: Brazil

We find you comments based on ignorance and hatered. We are issuing an offical protest to your nation and we are calling our ambassador from Brazil back to China untill Brazil learns to respect other nations more.

To China
From Brazil

Your ignorance shows through your thinly vieled insult and shows no bounds in your quest to deny the freedoms given to man as a whole. First, you accuse us of 'comparing dead', a lie so blatant that you have no true response to it, and now you accuse of hatred? This cut off is nothing but an attempt to pressure us to retract our words and we will do no such things.

You may do as you wish and continue to attempt to hide the basic truths from your own people, but we will never step back. Your nationalism and supiority cause stand for theirselves and are self-evident. Until the time comes that you see fit, our ambassador will be retracted for saefty measures.

OOC:

~Darkening~ dont take thing personal that are said IC

I take things personal when they are said directly to me in a multitude of NESes. Just because you don't know what's going on doesn't give you the right to interfer. Everything I've done has been from an IC POV.

This has got me thinking :hmm:

ooc: Nuke you really need AIM or MSN so you stop making these pointless posts.

I don't see how that was pointless, and what AIM or MSN has to do with it.

Appearntly you're not the one who said
of course I am, I said you aren't paying attention to what's being posted, not who's posting it. Because you apparently did not look at the posts that followed the post you quoted, and also you misinterpreted the post you quoted.

"1.5 from Americas (no point in having a separate slot for North America, as most of North America is USA which is a permanent member)
1 from Europe
1.5 from rest of Asia + Oceania"

Are those not continents?

Of course not, do they look like continents to you. They were a preliminary suggestion for a way to group countries according to politics/culture/history/etc.

Really? Show me where and I'll gladly change it.
He forgot South America!
Africa is not two continents either

I didn't forget South America, that's why Americas is plural - there are two.

I did not suggest Africa is two continents.

...and additionally... In the international arena, land mass does not matter, political influence, economic and military might do. That's why as far as our discussion is concerned, US is most of North America.

What is up with all of you people and having things your way? Just because you guys come to a conclusion I'm not allowed to argue my point- the same exact thing you're currently doing?

No, I said you wouldn't be wasting your time if you replied the most recent posts on the topic, rather than an obsolete post even its owner does not agree anymore.

What, am I supposed to shut up when you command me to?

EDIT: Sorry if I get a little annoyed when people try to insult me, try to shut me up whenever its my turn to debate, and whenever I don't agree with them.

:dubious:

From the start I was on your side, supporting the need to involve the rest of the world into the security council and therefore reduce P5's influence (hence my use of the word "applaud"). I was merely looking for an alternative way of setting quotas for various parts of the world, as I think MiddleEast+NAfrica constituted a distinct and unique social/historical/political region. My posts weren't even written at you until you decided to attack me guns blazing.

OOC: Sheep.... people are dropping out because of reaslism.... :eek: Please dont let this one slide like the last one.

Oh dear... flame wars... quitting... this is what happens when noobs are allowed to run nations with the big boys...

Note that I didn't actually read any of that, but I doubt anyone really needs to. However, I didn't notice anyone quit- who did other than Israelite?

Thats what I was referring to.

OOC: *sigh* I know full well what most of you are thinking but lets put it this way. Real World up to January 1. Meant to be realistic still i get that fair enough, thus why i havent nuked France to tiny bits. But im not going to follow the news just so i can do exactly what Germany would do. If we dont do something different wheres the interest? I fail to be interested in writing up constitutions. Sure organisations need them but really...

Top Bottom