1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SheepNES: Modern Battlefields: MAIN THREAD

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Sheep, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Canuck3

Canuck3 Pastafarian

Acutely if you look at it it isn't the noobs fault (for once) but look at who is being accused of not being "real". As well I agree there is realism and then there is going overboard. Now France likes drawing up constitutions, well good for him and I hope he gives it his all. But common we got to draw outside the lines a little bit just make sure you don't go off the page.

2. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

A question. Do we have to spend ep to keep things like police/fire/medical/army/schools up and running, or do we cjust asume that it is paid for?

3. Gelion

Gelion Captain

I assume that you dont have to pay anything for upkeep.

4. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

It says somewhere we must invest in Education to keep it from falling, i guess industrial base as well... not too much mind you just some.

5. Jack_www

Jack_www Prince

Chinese News Agency

Six Party Talks result in an Disarmament Agreement
    Thanks to the tireless efforts of Wu Dawei, Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs, an agreement between all nations of the six party talk has been reached. The final break through came as a direct of result of the proposal the Wu Dawei put to the floor of the talks. The final agreement has yet to be signed, but we have some details that we can now publish them:

1. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea will dismantle all nuclear weapons and submit to inspection of the veracity of this by the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency.
    2. In exchange for completion of Article 1, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea will receive increased international aide (food, supplies, energy, etc.) from the international community via the United Nations and other members of the Six-Party Talks. The People's Republic of China will agree of its own accord to increased financial support in addition.
    3. In exchange for completion of Article 2, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea will dismantle its current operational heavy-water reactors.
    4. In exchange for completion of Article 3, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea will receive a series of light-water nuclear reactors equivilent in electric power output to its current suite of heavy-water reactors from the other members of the Six-Party Talks. These light-water reactors will be monitored remotely by the International Atomic Energy Agency and may be inspected at any time in order to insure compliance with this resolution. In response, a United Nations resolution will be passed to repeal United Nations sanctions issued against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea since the nuclear test on October 9th, 2006.

As a result of the resolution of the nuclear weapons issue with North Korea, the People’s Republic of China has nominated Wu Dawei for the Nobel Peace Prize.

China Plans Expansion and Modernization of Military

The government has released the new budget for the coming year, included in the budget was funds to expand the Navy and Air Force. The budget calls for construction of two aircraft carriers for the next five years. As more and more threats rise around the world, terrorism for example, China needs to be able to project power over the open seas in order to protect herself. Most of the money directed at the air force will be directed into research and development of a new jet fighter for the 21st century.

People’s Republic of China Issues Official Diplomatic Protest To Brazil
    After the comments of Brazil in a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly demanding that the PRC give up its veto powers on the United Nations Security Council and compare the losses of Brazil and China during WWII, China has issued an official protest to Brazil. After the PRC received Brazil’s response the PRC has decided to cut all diplomatic ties with Brazil, as all their diplomatic messages are growing in hostility every day. The PRC will reestablish formal diplomatic ties with Brazil once they start respecting other nations, and stop going around demanding things from other nations.

As news spread of Brazils comments, people have started peaceful protests against Brazil across the country

China plans to send a Chinese Man into Space
    China plans to send a person into space with in the Next three years. The new buget includes increased funding to the Chinese Space Agency. The first phase of the plan will involve the design and development of a Manned Space Vehicle that can take a team of people into earth orbit. Once China has achieved this goal we will launch several missions to in earth orbit in preparation for a landing on the Moon in 2010. Many in the government question weather China has the money and will to make such a plan happen so fast, but the President of China has assured the people that it will happen and that those who doubt China only server to dishonor our great nation.

6. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

You assume correct.

7. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Welcome, those orders would indeed be accepted.

To all these people that are talking of flames and the like what the? When there are 35 people in a NES sign up, you EXPECT a few to drop out first few turns, especially when its a fast paced nes like this.

As for China and Brazil, I just see a small diplomatic disagreement, nothing flamey.

Oh and Nuke Kid, the reason why its pointless is when you post 'That has got me thinking' or 'Really?' or any other benign post that doesnt advance the nes in one way or another its a waste. Seriously, its diplomacy stories and the odd question. 'That has got me thinking' simply just doesnt fit into some of these categories and hence is really just spam. Now I am trying to be nice in letting you know majority of Nesers use AIM or MSN, so it has two MAIN BENEFITS for yourself.

- It will advance your diplomacy (which as I have seen in other neses is not the best, and I am afraid to admit it, if you have **** diplomacy you will never get far.
    - It will prevent you from making those little benign spammy posts that have no real quality to advance the nes in question hence getting someone upset at you.

So in short, dont spam up the thread with small three word posts that do nothing for the nes, I will just get angry from now on and you dont want to see me get angry.

Other than that tho Nuke, your orders are actually not that bad, and you will meet some success if you take heed of what I have just said.

8. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Just a note on realism. Its all well and good, but there is no way that I will be modding an ultra-realistic nes that will just end up with more headaches for myself that then I am willing to put up with.

Futhermore if I wanted a completely realisitic nes, I would watch CNN instead and forget about doing all this work. I want to have fun, I will keep things so they dont completely get out of hand and we dont have cyborg armies from mars killing everyone with their death rays of disintegration, but I am not going to punish somone just because the thought outside the box and had a little bit of imagination!

9. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

ORDERS ARE DUE IN JUST OVER 46 HOURS FROM NOW

10. Finmaster

Finmaster The White Ghost

I will join as Israel.

11. XoRRoX

XoRRoX Chieftain

I will join as Denmark.

OOC: I'm new to this, but I'll try my best :)

12. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Welcome to our World... well their world... i've only come back at Sheeps request it seems... yay for reunions!

13. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

yeah i agree, half of my fun from being the DPRK is making team america references.... i really doubt the real Kim Jong il would do it

now to anyone who wants realism to the point we would be forced to sacrifice fun...

could you move a little to the left?:lol:

14. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

CNN Tidbit:
    Today Pope Benedict announced a new plan to help fight AIDS in Angola by putting a fair amount of money toward advertising the dangers of condom use, the Pope hopes to stop the spread of AIDS by ending what he calls "the culture of sexual promiscuity and deviance". Critics however say the plan will backfire causing even more problems for the AIDS embattled nation by increasing the amount of unprotected sex.

15. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

32 Hours until Deadline

16. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Quick, hit him with the addiction beam!

I mean...uh, hi there Perfection, enjoy our little sub-forum.

17. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

OOC: Damn Popes... and their damn... anti contraception....

In other enws Iran and Venezuela might wanna look at this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6258243.stm Not that this has happened in the nes world but... interesting none the less

18. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Wow that's cool

To Venezula
    From Iran

Would you sign a MPP with us?

19. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

ROFL!

Heheh.

All hail Sheep!

I agree. That is just what modern NESes should be. I hope to join this NES once my schedule lightens up (IE: In March). Until then, looking forward to the update!

20. Kamilian

Kamilian Deity

i have to withdraw from this for the time being
    i was absent for a week and the NES has already begun so i'm kind of out of it already
    i'll rejoin shortly, though, probably as Poland if it's still available (or alive)
    sorry about that