SheepNES: Modern Battlefields: MAIN THREAD

OOC: We know the quote, we disagree.

IC: We fail to see the point in your response to our response... are you in support of our statement?

Our primary point while making that suggestion was that North Africa and SubSaharan Africa are as unrelated as Oceania and East Asia. So both our points are valid. (Afterall, we are exchanging ideas here)
Probably the best way to go would be a total of 7; one from each of N.America, S.America, Europe, SubSaharan Africa, N.Africa&MiddleEast, rest of Asia, Oceania.

I like your new arrangement. You have the support of Australia, for what it's worth, and I imagine you'll get the support of other Oceanic nations, such as Indonesia, since your promise them representation of their own. So, with regards to now giving N.America representation, am I correct in assuming that means you place Central America and the Carribbean nations in with North America, rather than South America?

Spanish Aeronautics and Space Administration​

Spain is announcing today the creation of a separate Space Program from the European Space Agency. Not to worry the other members of the European Union ,Spain will work together still in all on going Space Programs from that agency. The new Spanish Aeronautics and Space Administration, will undoubtedly boost Spanish space exploration and over all help speed to a brighter better future. We are hoping for an annual budget of 2 Billion, in American Dollars. As to set ourselves higher than ever before on the world scene in the 21 century. We have been told by our scientist and leading team members that our first space craft will be completed sometime in the next few years. But before then we will be working along side the ESA and NASA. For all space missions. We plan to launch new telescopes and information satellites sooner than that.

Leading SASA will be Hernandez Columbus. And such a suiting name for the leader of the next wave of Space Exploration.

Under him will be the Vice President Lisa Morales.

We hope this new Space Organization will be opened with arms wide open from the rest of the world.

Germany is pleased by this. Germany also wonders if it shall ever stop talking in third person.

This SASA is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. The whole point of the European Union is integration, on all levels, of European society, and Spain is oen of the biggest advocates of this. For Spain to take such a nationalist action, even if symbolic, would be unheard of. If the real Spanish government did as such every non-Neo Nazi news outlet would be shreiking about it, and the whole of the European Union would be condemning Spain. The King and President of Congress or PM would undoubtably call new elections, and the government would be kicked out onto the curb. I'm sorry luckymoose, but really, you should learn a bit about your country's policies before undertaking such an incredibly OOC position.

EDIT: And correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Germany be infuriated over this blatant disregard of EU authority?

EDIT 2: And no European country would ever give an amount in official documents in US dollars, and most certainly not without placing Euros first. You should either simply write 2 Billion Euro, or use one of the thousands of online converters.

EDIT 3: And before you counter, I do know that the ESA is seperate from the EU. However, the two are inextricably linked in the mind of Europeans and for most purposes should be counted as one and the same.

EDIT4: And how does Spain plan to invest 2 billion dollars (around 1.6 billion euro IIRC) when that is well over half of the entire ESA's budget? The people would never stand for such frivolousness!

EDIT 5: Further more, Spain already has a sort of pseudo-space agency, Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial (INTA), (they only operate unmanned research missions). For Spain to not only a) go against everything they stand for as a stallwart proponent of European integration but also b) start an entirely frivilous agency, using extraordinary amounts of money is ridiculous.

i would doubt spain by itself could get a space program, but if they can do it theres no point in attacking them for it, allow the EU to get pissed off, dont tell the EU their pissed off

This SASA is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. The whole point of the European Union is integration, on all levels, of European society, and Spain is oen of the biggest advocates of this. For Spain to take such a nationalist action, even if symbolic, would be unheard of. If the real Spanish government did as such every non-Neo Nazi news outlet would be shreiking about it, and the whole of the European Union would be condemning Spain. The King and President of Congress or PM would undoubtably call new elections, and the government would be kicked out onto the curb. I'm sorry luckymoose, but really, you should learn a bit about your country's policies before undertaking such an incredibly OOC position.

EDIT: And correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Germany be infuriated over this blatant disregard of EU authority?

EDIT 2: And no European country would ever give an amount in official documents in US dollars, and most certainly not without placing Euros first. You should either simply write 2 Billion Euro, or use one of the thousands of online converters.

EDIT 3: And before you counter, I do know that the ESA is seperate from the EU. However, the two are inextricably linked in the mind of Europeans and for most purposes should be counted as one and the same.

EDIT4: And how does Spain plan to invest 2 billion dollars (around 1.6 billion euro IIRC) when that is well over half of the entire ESA's budget? The people would never stand for such frivolousness!

EDIT 5: Further more, Spain already has a sort of pseudo-space agency, Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial (INTA), (they only operate unmanned research missions). For Spain to not only a) go against everything they stand for as a stallwart proponent of European integration but also b) start an entirely frivilous agency, using extraordinary amounts of money is ridiculous.

It's a branch of the ESA. Sept has a more major role. We are merely stepping up Space exploration.

edit: we can do it. We have the funds and the need to make Spain a figure head. We aren't really in need of huge military expenses. So let us work it out.

ooc: Israelite9191 just a heads up but the EU (in the NES) has voted down the making of a space agency so therefore several coteries including mine UK are investing in the ESP. Now I agree in Spain in r/l would work with the EU as well the cost to have there own space agency would be HUGE. As well like any major move by any country all the other players in the NES has to jump on him, so no hard feeling's luckymoose

IC
From United Kingdom.
To Spain

We would like you to drop such an idea and rather further integrate with the ESA. United we can better afford the expenses however divided you will put your countries in debt. No offense but we can say just trying to put a monkey in space would cripple your countries Treasury never mind a person or a team. Now we know the EU and France leading the front of opposing the idea of a European Space Agency but we must work together.

ooc: Israelite9191 just a heads up but the EU (in the NES) has voted down the making of a space agency so therefore several coteries including mine UK are investing in the ESP. Now I agree in Spain in r/l would work with the EU as well the cost to have there own space agency would be HUGE. As well like any major move by any country all the other players in the NES has to jump on him, so no hard feeling's luckymoose

IC
From United Kingdom.
To Spain

We would like you to drop such an idea and rather further integrate with the ESA. United we can better afford the expenses however divided you will put your countries in debt. No offense but we can say just trying to put a monkey in space would cripple your countries Treasury never mind a person or a team. Now we know the EU and France leading the front of opposing the idea of a European Space Agency but we must work together.

We will as long as our portion remains the SASA. We will lower funding but still wish to be one of the figure heads of the ESA.

OOC: I am neighbored by a bunch of idiots. The ESA hasn't even put a man in space yet. What the hell is this SASA crap? Maybe if we were more concerned about actually fixing and improving Europe we wouldn't suck so much.

Sheep, i will be gone over the weekend, so unfortunately, I will not be able to send orders (unless I return early, which I might). Therefore, I will be sending a guidline.

Also, France refuses to accept the Brazilian proposal (It will not work, no one will agree to who gets to Vote. The world is still very much divided along national lines, and nations of the same continent still hate eachother very much. It is this same kind of thinking, of disregard for national borders and sovriegnty, which lead to the failure of the EU constitution. The world, unfortunately, is not perfect - No continent will agree to one distinct representative save maybe North America. I see this simply as a ploy by Brazil to gain power) Nicolas Sarkozy has won the elections, but France has yet to put a story up and will not have time ;)

Germany is not worried with Spains announcement, rather we are pleased. This is yet another nation which will help fund the ESA and take us to the moon... to live! The spainish have merely presented their plan in a way that is open to misintrepretation, they are still part of ESA and as such their funds will go toward the goal that most of us are working together.

They are merely wanting acknowledgement for their commitment and have chosen this as one of their primary goals. We applaud their decision.

OOC:
The French win no friends by calling neighbours idiots by the way. Our nations goals may not meet your approval but they are our goals, not yours.

Nicolas Sarkozy has won the elections, but France has yet to put a story up and will not have time ;)
OOC: On behalf of all of my Frech friends: "I hate you!"

I will send orders tomorrow night. According to my calculations it is still before the deadline.

EDIT: Tyrion please try and differentiate between OOC and IC. Panda did the "idiot" comment OOC.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea dislikes the proposal made by Brazil, since we have no chance of gaining a seat or a vote, we wouldnt want to be represented by only one Asian power who doesnt share our views, whitch would be likely in such an arrangement

TO: Germany

Any attempts at funding attempts to colonize the moon will be done with German and German money alone. The EU will not fund any of it, as can be shown by the defeat of the Resolution regarding that mission. France, along with the majority of Europe, does not see any need in attempting to enter a supposed race in which we are very disadvantaged, and we see no need to fund some unrealistic mission while there are much more pressing concerns.

OOC: People, you are being really, really stupid. Please atleast TRY and be realistic. :rolleyes:

OOC: you ever thought that you may need to work with your neighbours at some point and calling them stupid will make them angry? just throwing that out there

OOC: you ever thought that you may need to work with your neighbours at some point and calling them stupid will make them angry? just throwing that out there

Oh please. Give me a break. I have far much more experience in working with others than you, so don't attempt to lecture me on what is best, trust me, I think I would know ;).

When people are being as grossly unrealistic as they are being, its hard to not get angry. It's not like this is even history, this is our modern world - you should, by reading the news, infer that what is going on and what is being proposed (especially by Germany) is really rather idiotic.

I agree with your second point, but NESing experience doesnt mean people wont get upset with you for calling them stupid, i know that much without even joining a Nes

Due to me accepting to be Russia in LuckNES, I will be dropping out (as Canada, if you forgot about me ;) .

Top Bottom