1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SheepNES: Modern Battlefields: MAIN THREAD

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Sheep, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Orders are in. Fear my new biological weapon!

2. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

You mean a Chupacabra?

3. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

damn, the DPRK must rush the creation of the yeti.....

4. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

OOC - I wish that the USA and Japan would get back to me on the deals I PM'ed them!!!

Orders will be sent in 5 hours with or without their answers

5. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

JUST OVER 8 HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THE DEADLINE.

6. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Just a note, THERE ARE NO NON-GENERIC UNITS AS YET!!!

THESE ALL NEED TO BE DESIGNED STILL. THIS INCLUDES OLDER EQUIPMENT AND IS IN PLACE ONLY TO SAVE ME THE HEADACHE OF RESEARCHING 300 DIFFRENT UNITS TO START THE NES.

7. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [FONT="courier new”]PUBLIC ADDRESS, THE MALL, WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    09:30 AM EST, OCTOBER 31, 2007
    [/font]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Bush walks up to the podium and takes up position behind it, setting a speech on its surface.

The President waits for approximately ten seconds for things to quiet down before beginning.

Good evening. As I speak American soldiers are engaged in ongoing efforts to stabilize the security situation in Iraq and to curb growing sectarian violence with no less vigor, bravery, and determination than at any other point in the past four years.

Over that time remarkable achievements have been made. The removal of despot Saddam Hussein, and his subsequent trial by the people he so long oppressed, and the dispensing of justice for his crimes. The establishment of a democratic Iraqi government, and a voter turnout of over 60% in its first election in over 30 years.

However it is not possible to state that the situation in Iraq has resulted in an overwhelming completion of our stated goals. Our troops there have done the best that the American people could ever ask of them, and have repeatedly performed above and beyond the call of duty in a situation extraordinary to human experience. That does not change the fact of the matter that mistakes have been made, and certain goals have not been achieved. This is through no fault of our young fighting men and women; all responsibility for these mistakes ultimately lies with me.

The President glances downwards at his speech before resuming.

The refusal of the Iraqi government to support a troop increase, and as a result to allow the American military the unrestricted use of all methods at its disposal in order to end sectarian violence in Iraq, has ultimately caused irreparable harm to the effort of the United States in that nation. The government of Iraq has made it clear, both through votes within the Arab League and in private communications with this government that it unwilling to support the presence of any American forces for longer than two years. It is uninterested in permanent American support, and uninterested in American proposals to reduce the violence.

As I stated to in January when I first announced my proposal for a troop increase, which has been delayed as a result of this indecision, I stated that the failure of the Iraqi government to follow through on its promises would result in the loss of support from the American people. I also stated that a failure to meet certain benchmarks would constitute a failure of purpose. Those benchmarks have not been met, and support has wavered.

In that same address, I warned of the dangers of leaving Iraq, and of what would occur should American forces withdraw prematurely. I still hold to those convictions. However it must be recognized that help and assistance is not a one-way street. It is a bilateral process. One cannot help those who are unwilling to help themselves.

Tomorrow will mark the official turnover point of all security duties within Iraq to Iraqi forces in accordance with the policy announced in January. I therefore feel it prudent in light of the unwillingness of the Iraqi government to continue to allow American assistance to announce that effective tomorrow I will begin ordering the gradual withdrawal of troops from Iraq to be continued over the next six months, to conclude in May of 2008.

The reversal in the Iraqi government's policy with regard to American support and its insistence on the ultimate withdrawal of all American forces leaves my Cabinet and I unwilling to lay down more American lives for a purpose in which our presence is effectively unwanted. We cannot accept this. We cannot expect the American people to accept this.

The President clears his throat

In the intervening time American forces will do their utmost to assist their Iraqi counterparts in continuing to eliminate key insurgent strongholds and leaders as they have over the course of the past year.

It is my sincerest hope that the Iraqi government will continue to cherish the newfound democracy which it has gained through so much bloodshed and pain, and should Iraq require assistance in the future we hope it will look toward the United States as a friend and ally upon whom it can rely. But neither the American people nor the American government will tolerate an arbitrary restriction upon our capacity to achieve victory and to continue to sacrifice our bright young men and women for an unwilling nation. I--

A commotion in the crowd. The President glances towards the source but continues on with but a momentary pause.

I hope that our--

The commotion grows louder, shouting can be heard, the cameras pan slightly to reveal a lone man running toward the podium through the crowd.

The President stops his speech and is now visibly watching the action.

Secret Service can be seen running toward the podium from either side just behind the President.

The shouting gets louder.

One voice can be heard above the others, shouting "Allahu Ackbar!"

Several single shots ring out, followed by the staccato burst of submachine guns firing.

The crowd erupts into panic and shouting.

8. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Will the update be tonight?

9. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

ooc: Nice post Symph. Does Bush live or die? Find out in the update, coming to a computer screen near you in the next few days.

Nuclear Kid, for the last time the Deadline is in just under 7 and a half hours. THEN Dont expect me to have the update up in under 72 hours, It takes you guys 7 days to get orders in for one nation, think of me when I am doing an update of 205.

Now no more stupid questions like when the update will be, especially when you could simply open your eyes and read the front page and the deadline counter I have been upkeeping!

10. Jack_www

Jack_www Prince

OOC:
    Sheep has stated several times that it is going to take at least a couple of days for him to do the update. I agree too Symphony D that was a great post.

11. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

OOC: Yeah that was damn good.

12. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden Deity

Ooc: Does that mean there aren't any non-generic units and we should be designing some or that we aren't allowed to use non-generic units yet?

EDIT: oops didn't see the part about no stupids questions

13. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

OOC: Nice speech Symphony. I hope, however, you aren't using this as an excuse to do something unrealistic (i.e. like imposing martial law--not like invading Iran and Syria, which is unlikely but possible)...

14. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

ooc: No that aint a stupid question.

What this means is although I will take into account the current levels of equipment quality, it is advisable that you begin designing your own weapons as soon as possible.

So this means a US Tank would be better then one from say Ghana.

15. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea

Official Statement to the citizens reguarding the six party talks

This situation all began when our great leader, Kim Jong Il. decided that we must elevate our status in world affairs, simply because a few nations were close to catching up to our millitary greatness.

Like everything our great leader atempts this became a success, we gained nuclear weaponry, however the west decided to threaten the stabilitiy of the world. the DPRK, concerned for the well being of smaller nations unable to defend themselves disarmed their weapons, Kim Jong Il has announced himself that world peace is the most important subject that could be dealt with.

So the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea has agreed to hand its nuclear weapons over, since we are completely confident in the rest of our millitary and its abilities to cease any hostile nations from causing disruption in our great nation

16. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

5 HOURS UNTIL DEADELINE. REMEMBER NO ORDERS WILL BE HONOURED AFTER THIS TIME HAS ELAPSED.

26/36 ORDERS RECEIEVED. STILL REQUIRE 10 ORDER SETS.

17. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

OOC: Nevermind..decided to just ask on AIM.

18. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

This is up to you.

19. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Okay, this is my first NES, Sheep, did I do everything right?

Did I leave anything out?

20. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

You did fine, although I fail to see the Vatican becoming 'great'