Shogun Tokugawa and the Japanese (56K beware - image heavy)

Great story n great pictures ;)

GenocideBringer said:
Good story. A hint: change up the leader names. It will be wierd if there is the exact same leader ruling a civ for thousands of years.

If I did that, I would be making up new names every few turns, considering the leaps in years Civ takes. Not to mention, why should the leader be named different, but look the same? There's no point in giving up one area of 'realism' for another. Not to mention, with one leader per Civ, you get much more ingrained in the character of that leader during the course of a game (and a reader has an easier time following :p).

Anyways, I recieved a warning from photobucket that my bandwidth has exceeded 2 Gigs already! This is within two days. Yikes. So, tonight I'm going to have sign up for imageshacke and let them carry some of the load, I guess.

Own said:
Great story! Just one question, it seemed you did CXXXXXXXXC spacing with Osaka and Kyoto. How big is the city radius is cIV?

I'm not exactly sure yet, but in Civ IV, having larger distances from the capital isn;t quite as a big a deal as it was in Civ III. It's more important to find good locations, since you won't be spamming cities, and territory won't be at a premium. In this game, I'm now in the 1800s, and there are still unsettled plots of land (large ones, at that).

oagersnap said:
Where did the labels go? :( Those I liked very much.

Anyway, really great story! :thumbsup:

They're there. :p I took them out for the last couple of photos so people could get a clear view of the landscape, especially when in globe view, where it's kind of cluttered.

nice story

Could you please update the images to the new location soon :)
I was really looking forward to reading this, but I don't want to ruin it without the screenshots hehe.

Great job, very nice story i can't wait until I can play the game myself!

Top Bottom