Sick Start

Seraiel

If you want anything from I please ask in German
Look what I just found, perhaps someone wants to play it for fun or practice.

Attachments

• HC Big and Small Tropical Low Massive Tiny Mixed all IMP.CivBeyondSwordSave
    150.7 KB · Views: 50
No food... Working the mines will be a pain as it is 1 mine : 1 FP farm, so you can't work all mines until you've grown to size 8, which will be pretty slow as the max food surplus is +9 but it quickly goes down and size 7-8 will have a surplus of only 3...

In regards to 4 gold tiles in BFC, I've seen better...
and multiple gems start rules.

In this screenshot, there is a irriguated corn, 4 FP, iron in BFC and copper in third culture ring. Gilgamesh had fun with it...;)

Attachments

• Nouvelle image Bitmap (2).jpg
    Nouvelle image Bitmap (2).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 348
Typical example of rookies over-valuing gold over food.

No food... Working the mines will be a pain as it is 1 mine : 1 FP farm, so you can't work all mines until you've grown to size 8, which will be pretty slow as the max food surplus is +9 but it quickly goes down and size 7-8 will have a surplus of only 3...
Spoiler :

Simply settle on the gold 1S and you'll have Rice in addition ;)

No riverside corn = no sick start. Riverside corn is the best tile full stop.

No riverside corn = no sick start. Riverside corn is the best tile full stop.

Nope, pigs are just as fine.
And more realistic. I'm still annoyed at corn giving more food than rice :mad:

Settling on gold here might make sense due to the food scarcity. It'll at least give a 2:food: 2:hammers: 2:commerce: city tile + frees another floodplain for a town. If settling on gold means the FPs can be cottaged instead of farmed while supporting the three remaining gold, it's totally worth it. The stronger city tile and extra towns overcompensates the loss of one workable gold.

...why would you settle on gold? That's one of the strongest commerce tiles there is.

Gold is no use without food to work it. 1 gold resource does not make a great city. 2-3 gold is ample. You can try for a CS oracle grab with that.

...why would you settle on gold? That's one of the strongest commerce tiles there is.

Because it makes your city yile itself more productive and it will take a long, long time to be able to work all those gold tiles in the capital. The only reason not to would be if you planned to split the gold tiles between multiple cities. To the guy who would cottage the floodplains...why? Requires pottery, and slows down your early growth onto the goldmines which are better commerce than a cottage anyway. This city has no food specials, every FP should be farmed.

Or maybe just settle 1 N (NW?) (looking just to start picture) and give 1 gold tile for 2nd city.. it could be faster payback...
And yeah.. Gold is great for mid-term benefit, but still - if have food.... gems for faster start "profit"....
And who say wet Corn is the best? Coast Fish is the monster.. specially if you finansial and start with Fishing already..

@Obs: What??? No comment about the plains cows? :)

I mention the bug... and then someone else argues it's not a bug because of the the poison-tiles, and then we both get another Fantatics infraction... I got too many already this month, I think I'm pushing the limit here.

This is a hell of a start for a Quechua rush.

You need the Commerce a lot more than the production. With this, you can support 12 or more cities.

And setting on the gold provides three gold per turn, since they're financial. You can get the early techs out faster.

Top Bottom