SimCity 5

They get a lot of hate because, as it has been said many times, they frequently destroy the developers they own. Yes they have put out some great games, but as time goes on they push the developers more and more and the quality of their games suffers and rots until they shut them down. They have been doing this for a decade.

They are turning Bioware and DICE into brand names. The Sims series is largely just a massive cash cow with little in the way of major improvements.

Why would you insult Batman and Robin by comparing it to SimCity 2013? :(

SC2013 at least had descent graphics, a nice UI, and couple of other things it managed to do okay at, even if it completely failed at everything else.
All that B&R had going for it were the batnipples and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

SC2013 at least had descent graphics, a nice UI, and couple of other things it managed to do okay at, even if it completely failed at everything else.
All that B&R had going for it were the batnipples and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I seem to remember a sexist double-standard on which costumes had bat-nipples.

Like blizzard, they keep degrading the wow experience and we waited forever for sc2 and diablo3 which were frankly not worth the wait.
Funny, as a Starcraft player, I generally hold the view that it was WoW that ruined Blizzard, rather than the other way around. :p

Could you elabourate on how you feel that SC2 and D2 were more significant causes of Blizzard's creative decline than WoW? I'm interested to hear your view on that matter.

That's not what I said at all, I said wow has become worse and worse of an experience with each expansion and sc2 and diablo3 were disappointing releases especially considering how long we waited for them.

My joke was which comes first, the chicken or the egg? as in which one ruined which- did wow ruin blizzard or blizzard ruin wow?

Am I the only person who actually thought SC2 was a good release?

It wasn't "make SC1 look like cr**" good, but that would have been an absurdly unreasonable standard. SC2 on release was better than SC1 was on release; it had better balance, better depth, better matchmaking, better custom-map support, and obviously better graphics/UI.

Since then, they keep updating, nerfing, and patching things so rapidly... I imagine 10 years from now we'll be able to decide whether SC2 was a well-balanced deep strategic game or not, but players hardly have time to find a good strategy before Blizzard nerfs it (certainly other players tend not to have time to find counters to that strategy unless they're immediately apparent).

As for Diablo 3... no argument from me there.

You do realise that using SC as an abbreviation for Starcraft in a Sim City thread could be a little confusing? :crazyeye:

Cities in Motion 2 puts SimCity 5 to such shame. The game can have cities of half a million or more persistent "Cims", with persistent names, jobs, homes, even types of cars. In my current game, a small city of 55000, they take around 200000 trips per day, of which 70000 are done by public transport, further separated into 175000 passengers transported counting each change-over as one passenger transported. Map sizes are absolutely huge compared to SC5.

Of course SC5 has a lot of additional stuff to focus on, but CiM2 was made by a studio of less than 10 people.

I uninstalled SC5, it was a waste of space on my SSD. I'm sorry I paid money for it, but I do have the very small sastifaction of knowing one of the thousands of bad reviews on Amazon for SC5 is mine. :lol:

Top Bottom