• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Skirts on ladies...

Its an either or question, which look better, generally speaking?

• I prefer skirts!

Votes: 119 85.0%
  • I prefer trousers!

Votes: 21 15.0%

• Total voters
aren't those posted by I am the future called Hot Pants?

Perfection's examples are more or less what I was thinking of, I don't really find them appealing.

Skirts both ways. If you've got bad legs, wear a long one, good legs, wear one around your knees. Either way is better than trousers, and a nice, flowing "hippy" skirt can make a even a women with aweful legs look attractive.

I, myself, am an avid kilt wearer, though I must confess I wear boxers underneath. (I haven't mastered the close legged approach, so it'd mean for a couple of embarressing moments when I sit down in a chair and spread my legs wide)

A nice ass looks best in jeans IMHO. That said, a skirt can be nice too.

Can't really decide.

Hundegesicht said:
I, myself, am an avid kilt wearer, though I must confess I wear boxers underneath.
*points and laughs* :lol:

(sorry - couldn't help it :blush: )

I vote for skirts. The question is which looks better, not whether they are more comfortable, sorry Marla.

Skirts may be an inconvenience (for girls who don't know how to keep their legs together :mischief: ) but they do look much better. More elegant, more feminine, more flamboyant than trousers. I really don't know why women allow convenience to dominate their innate gender right to dress flamboyantly - one which men simply don't have.

On the convenience point, I'm not saying wear skirts all the time. Where what you want when you are relaxing. It's much like men wearing a suit and tie. It looks good - dashing and smart - but they are damn uncomfortable. Yet we still do it for you ladies :).

As for job interviews: Depends on the skirt. Depends on the interview. Trousers seem to be a safe option here though I reckon.

So far nobody has refered to the typical calvinistic long skirt, as seen occasionally in backward rural towns in the Netherlands.

Totally unsexy!

Well, it depends alot of the type of jeans or skirts we're talk of, but on a pretty girl a shortish skirt usually looks best.

I don't really like those ultra-short skirts that hardly reach the thighs, tho. If you want to wear something that short, wear a couple of shorts that shows off your ass. (Or, if you're ugly, go for one of those long skirts Stapel mentioned. :p)

Skirts always look better. My explanations will be unflattering..

If she is in good shape, trousers can look nice too. Comfortable stretched jeans do more to exaggerate nice shapes than course denim skirts and knobbly knees ever could, but the skirts I am commenting on are of a nicer fabric, sway with hip movement, and complemented high heeled shoes perfectly.

If she is is poor shape, trousers look awful: excessively stretched jeans overlaying folds of flab is really rather unpleasant. Loose fitting skirts of thick material don't show as much detail, hang better, and look substantially more graceful when she walks.

Skirts win hands down.

Rambuchan said:
I really don't know why women allow convenience to dominate their innate gender right to dress flamboyantly - one which men simply don't have.
Not being attracted to men, I really would not know: But I suspect that skirts on men could do more to make uniform the bulge which trousers were clearly never designed to compliment.

Rambuchan said:
It's much like men wearing a suit and tie. It looks good - dashing and smart - but they are damn uncomfortable. Yet we still do it for you ladies :).
We do not!

First off, a suit is comfortable: far better than improperly fitting rough denim, though I do concede that inside-lining on trousers is bloody cold.

Secondly, ties are worn to appease establishment expectations, and even then, reluctantly.

KaeptnOvi said:
aren't those posted by I am the future called Hot Pants?
Yeah, that's what I thought. No girls wear shorts outdoors, unless they're playing some kind of sport, like football or rugby, in which case they're butch and horrible.

Perfection said:
And that, is what women should wear to an interview :)

Skirts, without a question. Unless there something very wrong with their legs, in which case it might be better to cover it up. But skirts (shorter the better) are the way to go. :)

The Last Conformist said:
I don't really like those ultra-short skirts that hardly reach the thighs, tho. If you want to wear something that short, wear a couple of shorts that shows off your ass.
I agree: ultra-short skirts/shorts may be pleasing the eye for a while, BUT, they KILL a man's fantasy...(and you may start used to it after some time, so you don't even find it much attractive).

Ramius75 said:
Only when im looking for a personal assistant. :p
I would not object to that look on receptionists, it would bring a great image to any business :p

@ Storm: Yes I was mainly referring to the ties. I like wearing my suits, it's just the damn ties. :gripe:

I think basicallly a woman can get away with wearing trousers, as long as she has some significant hair protruding from the arm pits and below the bootline of the trousers. :twitch:

It also depends on setting. While jeans look really out of place on a glitzy party (I suppose that's why I always wear 'em if I don't think I'll be thrown out on account of them), a woman, no matter how pretty, who turns up in a skirt for a trek just registers as "stupid".

Agh, I'm a conservative compared to most of you, I don't wear shorts no matter how hot it gets. I also prefer trousers because well, a lot of girls or guys (not trying to be sexually discriminatory here), just look a little sluttish in skirts. If it was a girlfriend or someone to that degree, I could care less.

But you know what they say right?! It's a free country.

Top Bottom