Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

Don't remind me, they make the mobs in Minecraft look like tamed puppy dogs.

When they spin! Painful.
And those Briarheart leaders.
Note, don't keep a Briarheart in your inventory before you start the 'Repairing the White Phial' quest given by Quintus Navale in Windhelm. The quest will stall if you have it in your inventory.

Who did you guys marry? I married Onmund at Winterhold College. A Nord mage... Oooh. I was actually thinking about marrying Mjoll the Lioness but I got into the Thieves Guild.

Ysolda. A simple lesbian marriage:lol:
But then i felt dirty and penetrated her with my Ebony blade and took a part of her for dinner. But her meat gave me digestive problems and a nice belching FUS RO DAH:yuck:

I'd like a mod that involve terminating the old Blades and setting up new, morally reasonable ones who know that their mission is "protect the Dragonborn", not "order the Dragonborn to kill his most helpful ally who is even now trying to force the wild dragons to cease their attacks because of what that ally did a few millenia ago."

Alternatively, a mod where you can get disgusted at the sheer number of genocidal (Stormcloaks, Forsworn), xenocidal (Silver Hand, Blades) and omnicidal (Thalmor, Falmer, Dragons), not to mention the assorted inquisitorial (Vigilants and their ilk) and collaborational (Empire) cretins in that world and set yourself up as the new World-eater.

For crying out loud, the Dark Brotherhood come of as having one of the least skewed moral compass in Skyrim. (Which is to say, they don't embarass themselves with good or evil, just with killing on request. The other groups have all moral compasses that are stuck at "KILL KILL KILL!"

Pffffffft. My kills are all:

1. Killing of those who were a clear and present threat to my life. (Forsworn, Bandits, Falmers, assorted monsters, Dragons, giants attacking me)
2. Killing of those who were a clear and present threat to the life of another. (Dragons, giants when bountied by local rulers, Falmer.)
3. Killing of combatants from hostile groups and organizations during a violent conflict. (Stormcloaks)

Delphine and Ebern, being that they are plotting and engaging in clear activities with the aim of having Parthurnax killed, thereby endangering the lives of anyone who would get killed by the dragons Parthurnax has bent to his rules, fall under #2.

The Thalmor fall under 1 and 2 by their very existence.

A Skyrim thread! Awesome. I just started playing.

Anyone else find it a little silly that every single Guild quest line
Spoiler :
revolves around a high-up in the Guild eventually betraying everyone. I think the only one that didn't was the Companions. College of Winterhold--> creepy Elf guy. Thieves Guild--> Main dude who tries to murder you and robs the Guild. Dark Brotherhood-->head chick rats everyone out to the Empire.

Does the Bard's College quest line continue somehow? I was sort of excited that they added another Guild but I finished one quest for them (bringing King Olaf's festival back) and could not get another one started no matter who I talked to.

Main story was the weakest link in the chain, but the Civil war was pretty good.

Maybe they should just give up on main stories. I mean don't get me wrong, this was a huge improvement over the main quest line from Oblivion... But... I mean the fact that you constantly become a huge hero in all of their games and that this always half-fails to have any sort of impact, well that is the biggest break of the suspension of disbelief there is in those games. So just dump us in a place where something is happening (ie Skyrim civil war, various factions with various interests, guilds, brotherhoods, bla) and just go yay.

Yeah that is rather annoying. I know the Mass Effect games are relatively linear, but people do react to your reputation if they recognize you and you can use it to your advantage a few times (like the Specter status) and it really increases the atmosphere of the game.

Maybe they should just give up on main stories. I mean don't get me wrong, this was a huge improvement over the main quest line from Oblivion... But... I mean the fact that you constantly become a huge hero in all of their games and that this always half-fails to have any sort of impact, well that is the biggest break of the suspension of disbelief there is in those games. So just dump us in a place where something is happening (ie Skyrim civil war, various factions with various interests, guilds, brotherhoods, bla) and just go yay.

Yeah that totally bugs me too. For instance after you finish the civil war quest line, no one cares. You walk around and the guards still make stupid comments--at least maybe they could acknowledge your status as the dude that single-handedly won the war for them. Like "Hail Legate!" instead of telling me not to steal anything.

Yeah that totally bugs me too. For instance after you finish the civil war quest line, no one cares. You walk around and the guards still make stupid comments--at least maybe they could acknowledge your status as the dude that single-handedly won the war for them. Like "Hail Legate!" instead of telling me not to steal anything.

A future mod perhaps?

To be fair, I have had guards salute me with "Rumors is spreading like magefire that you have ended the dragon threat!" (and criticizing me for setting a dragon free in Whiterun) instead of references to arrow/knee and sweetrolls.

Top Bottom