1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Small things you have noticed on playing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victoria, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

Oh. Well that's pretty disappointing. Didn't really everyone was straight (et tu, Alexander?). For such a forward-looking game (plentiful female leaders, most of whom are depicted respectfully and not as sex objects, abundance of female GPs), it would be disappointing if everyone was automatically straight. Even if they introduced a 5% chance that a leader with flirtatious agenda turned out to be gay, I would be happy.

2. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

Try getting to a Golden Age and choose Monumentality. Then your settlers will be even cheaper!

3. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

I went Normal, Golden, Dark, Heroic with Shaka. Struggling to get to normal for next age.

4. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

Impi are basically zero maintenance units with Conscription (-1 maint.) whom cost 100g to upgrade or 50g w/ professional army (50% discount on upgrading units).
    Culture focused Shaka is quite fun and can get corps by turn 70-75 standard speed (maybe quicker).

I do have to say, the government district is important for good adj w/o mountians/wonders/etc. You can quickly hit those +3 adj district era points if you place it your capital's 2nd ring, and settle 1-2 cities close by.

With Shaka, encampments are 1/2 off, you can get quite a few for +1 culture ea. if you hit a golden age with pen,brush,voice dedication.

Very true!

However, you can production sling shot those settlers out with Magnus's double chops and +100% production w/ colonization + ancestral hall. You'll even get a builder back to chop more with.

Thormodr, rattatatouille and Bosque like this.
  5. criZp

criZp Emperor

Theocracy doesn't let you buy units anymore. Is there another thing you have to do to purchase units with faith, or is that use of faith removed?

6. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

On the subject of era score. I really like the +4 era score bonus for Unique units/buildings for each civ.
    Would found it better if era score also would be rewarded for conquering cities or getting a favorable peace deal. Since capturing barb camps give a large number of era score. And seams quite insignificant compared to say when you conquer a powerfull walled city.

7. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

you'll need a government district and the 2nd tier building grand-master's chapel to purchase units with faith.

The nice thing about that: you can advance to 3rd tier governments or switch to merchant republic while still being able to faith-buy.

rattatatouille likes this.
  8. Starwars

Starwars Prince

Really enjoying the Loyalty system, lots of fun. One small annoyance I have with it is that the Free City units *will* move into your territory if you have a city bordering the Free City. Doesn't seem like they pillage stuff but I wish they stayed within their own borders.

nzcamel, Thormodr and darkace77450 like this.
  9. criZp

criZp Emperor

Oh, right. That is nice indeed.

10. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

I also have to say that at least at first glance, all the new government abilities seem a lot more evenly balanced than before. Like I don't think I picked Autocracy even once in the whole base game but I ended up going for it first game in R&F. Also Merchant Republic + Democracy doesn't feel as quite as much of a no-brainer for any somewhat pacifistic playstyle anymore

Thormodr likes this.
  11. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

what are you going to do, they're libertarians

nzcamel and DeutschDachs like this.
  13. Victoria

Ahhh, CS count as holy cities... I guess they will also count for the emergency... trouble is I have killed eveyone on my continent, I wish the idiots would come for an emergency

upload_2018-2-8_15-18-27.png

Thormodr likes this.
  14. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Warlord

It's probably the most useful Tier 2 Gov building unless you're France or Mongolia, who both can leverage the Intelligence Agency better than anyone else.

15. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

You named your religion Victorious :rotfl:

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

so you guys that have played . . . what does it feel like is the best time go get the government district?

darkace77450 likes this.
  17. Victoria

Reyna's Tax Coillector promotion shows up as worked tiles
    upload_2018-2-8_15-31-53.png

One likes to have triple meanings

Earlier rather thamn later due to governors and benefits, I left mine too late to get the warlords throne. Warlords throne sounds great but in practice slows down your warring.

nzcamel, Thormodr and Uberfrog like this.
  18. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Think you need to play multiple games with different timings before one can give a good answer to that

Thormodr and SammyKhalifa like this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

yeah true enough, and different people will try different gambits

20. juanpavo

juanpavo Warlord

It could do that before occasionally.

The real question is: Can it take walled cities?

We need those experiments run. (I forget who did that before...)

Japper007 likes this.