[GS] Sneak Peak 15/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't now that, thanks!

I hope you weren't serious, because I wasn't :lol::rolleyes:

More seriously, I think it's a globe, but maybe the fact that they didn't put a map on it is because Kristina would live in a world were the map is new and different each time. Why on Earth (or any world you play on) would a leader have a globe representing a universe you never heard of?

More seriously, I think it's a globe, but maybe the fact that they didn't put a map on it is because Kristina would live in a world were the map is new and different each time. Why on Earth (or any world you play on) would a leader have a globe representing a universe you never heard of?
Tell that the world congress :p

Kristina is my guess, but honestly I wouldn't be able to tell if not for the Allen wrench clue.

Now to anxiously wait 24 hours for the civ reveal video.

dis gon be gud.
I hope for some nice science bonuses for Sweden!

Hm, typically Nordic gloominess... Might also be Canadian gloominess, of course, but as they've already been announced, we can definitely rule them out this time ;)

I'd also put my money on the Library Rat civilization, lead by Pinky and the Brain, as this globe is ideal for planning to take over the world each night, but honestly, that hex key in the livestream already gave Sweden away. The livestream hints have proven much more clear and reliable than these images.

Sweden.

Not even a queen would own as many books as suggested by that picture before the invention of printing.

Well, actually the printing press had been around for 200 years before Kristina was born. She’s also known for collecting books and writings, even having someone traveling all over Europe to buy books for her collection.

Edit: Sorry. I missed that the statement was about Eleanor.

Last edited:
Well, actually the printing press had been around for 200 years before Kristina was born. She’s also known for collecting books and writings, even having someone traveling all over Europe to buy books for her collection.

They're referring to Eleanor.

So if not for the leak, what would we be guessing? George Washington (who had a globe in Civ V)? Portugal?

If we assume the leak was false (but admit it: for now, it's 5/5, pretty good odds...), it cannot be Washington, because it's a new civ and a new leader, so no alt leader.

Portugal could fit: I could see a navigator in a library with a globe. But I think we should not focus on the globe: it's a zoom-in on a small part of the background so it definitiely should not be taken into account.
A library could really fit an Italian civ: Toscany, Pisa, or even the Papacy... They were all realms with a strong emphasis on culture. Maybe it's not a library at all: maybe it's just the room where the Medici (the real ones, not the ludicrous black widow we have for France) keep the leadger for their bank accounts.

But after that, a library could fit for so much occidental civs/leaders: Belgium, Lithuania, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Romania... Every kingdom/republic had in its history a enlightened sovereign that loved books.

On a side note: is it me, or is this sneak peak generated pretty much less enthusiasm than the previous ones ?

It must be the easiest hint so far. It's so obviously Sweden/Kristina.

Even though I have them on my wishlist, I'm not too crazy about Sweden. I guess it's not the time period of European history I'm most interested in (pre-Renaissance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom