[R&F] Sneak Peak 24/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Scotland I think. There's a story about Robert the Bruce supposedly having learned perseverance by watching a spider spinning its web in a cave.

http://www.scotclans.com/scotland/scottish-myths/royal-legends/bruce-spider/

ETA: fixed link
Yep, after being defeated in battle he ran and hid in a cave, then on noticing a spider spinning its broken web, realised he had to get up and keep fighting. Or something along those lines, they used to preach this stuff in primary schools in the countryside. Don't know if they told this in city schools. Robert the Bruce was a coward and traitor. Accepting english gold and murdering scots all over the highlands. James the VI (1st of england) should be the leader of Scotland, as he was the unifier of the UK. And the first true King of the United Kingdom.

You're all forgetting the most important question: will we be getting bagpipes in their theme? :D

I hope that if they do this, they get someone qualified to play them, the Cree music is pretty awful, sounds like a bunch of people screaming.

Is there any civ which has the inverted American color scheme?
Not yet, though I imagine they'd want to save that for Portugal. Also, two civs in the same expansion with white as their main color seems unlikely. Base game avoided that by inverting Greece's colors (for Pericles).

Inverted Greece colors (Pericles) with a light blue unicorn on white.

Yellow and red is the royal standard of Scotland.

Spoiler :
Kongo uses Yellow/Red in CiVI, and Spain uses Red/Yellow, so for Scotland to use either combination it'd have to be distorted from the banner colors, and I don't see them doing that.

White/Blue is a viable option for Scotland, as Greece inverted it's colors from CiV to CiVI, but we already have the Mapuche with Sky Blue/Blue, though to go for the color of blue in their flag would be about as distinct from their colors as Egypt is from France probably.

Well I hope the UU isn't a swordsman because Civ 6 is already over-saturated with unique swordsmen, and I hope it isn't a pikeman because pikes are garbage in Civ 6.

Reactions: j51
Disappointed, but i think i would liked it more if scotland voted for independence a few years ago. Well, if they continue like this, i hope they will include Ireland in civ 7, and include Gauls as well in both games (or at least have cycle between classical Celtic civs). I feel like we lack too many classical civs, and i'd prefer a classical celtic civ. I guess Scotland is not the worst choice, but i'm not looking forward to hear another round of complaints of eurocentrism for another year, when i propose a European civ as new civ, just because they decided to include so many post-colonial civs or this.

Still maybe Scotland is still a better choice than Zulu, but at least, we don't get South-Africa or Boers (the latter one also will never happen) instead. Zulu is still a better option than South-Africa, but i think i'd prefer to see Kilwa or Zimbabwe for Southern Africa. But okay, i still prefer Ethiopia above those two as eastern African civ, and than we need 1 or 2 western African civs (i'm afraid we only get one: probably Mali, maybe if we're lucky to get DLC or two expansion packs two). And we also will get Carthage or Phoenicia.

I'd love to see the Scottish Enlightenment linked in as a special ability for Scotland, but here's guessing they'll be medieval themed.
You're having a laugh? Scottish Enlightenment.. we've still not realised that in 2018.

Moderator Action: Please don't make trollish comments like this -- NobleZarkon
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

We should get Haggis as a terrain improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to see Scotland from Zulu, Mapuche and Scotland first to know if their leader is Robert the Bruce or William Wallace, so I'm glad to see the hints pointing on Scontland under Robert the Bruce. Now, I just want to hear their music and to know if Robert has a good character model, like Cyrus the Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom