Snofru's Space Maps

I have added 4 more Duel (small) maps, Archipelago, Waterworld, Pangea and another Earthlike. They support 5 and 7 civs. Some have a little bit strange distribution of the starting points (some are pretty close while some big islands have none) but this is how they come out of the "World" mapscipt. Anyway, all of them should be playable.

Keep 'em coming!

Though you will need to zip them, I think the forums only allows 10 attachments per post.

I have a Christmas present for all the C2C modders: Give me your preferred map setup from the "World" script and I will create a space map out of it (1 map per modder). I can´t promise though that every map will be done before the holidays...
Give me the following information for the "earth" part of the map and I will create your personalized space map:
  1. Map Size: Duel (60x40) or "Standard" (124x56).
  2. Maximum number of Civs (including yourself). You can always choose a lower number of civs when you setup the game but never more than this number.
  3. Climate: Random, Temperate, Tropical, Arid, Rocky or Cold.
  4. Sealevel: Random, Low, Medium, High.
  5. Hills: Random, 50%, 100%, 150%.
  6. Peaks: Random, 50%, 100%, 150%.
  7. Landform: Random, Dryland, Pangea, Earthlike, Archipelago, Waterworld.
  8. Start: Everywhere, Old World.
  9. Rivers: Random, -4, -3, -2, -1, 100%, +1, +2, +3, +4.
  10. Resources: Random, None, 50%, 100%, 200%.
  11. Pangea Breaker: On, Off.
Just post your preferences here!

Number of civs (up to the maximum), the Leaders, game speed, difficulty, victory settings and game settings can be done by yourself when you start a game with "Custom Scenario".

1. Standard (124x56).
  2. 7 civs - one for each for one continent culture.
  3. Climate: Temperate
  4. Sealevel: Low
  5. Hills: 150% - Easier to to get all buildings due to higher productivity.
  6. Peaks: 50%
  7. Landform: Pangea
  8. Start: Everywhere
  9. Rivers: +4
  10. Resources: 200% - More chances to get vicinity combo buildings - that is buildings needing two different resources in vicinity.
  11. Pangea Breaker: Off.
Here is list of continent cultures and civs (XML names, may not be same as ingame name) having such culture.
s.png

Last edited:
The spacemap for raxo2222 is finished. The distribution of the civs is again a little bit strange but unchanged from the "World" mapscript. The continent is really huge and there usually is a lot of space between the civs. But 2 of them (number 0 and 6) are really very close to each other (only 3 tiles in between), although being parted by a small ocean arm.

Curious, would this allow for team games?

1. Map Size: Duel (60x40) or "Standard" (124x56). Is Huge an option here?
  2. Maximum number of Civs (including yourself). You can always choose a lower number of civs when you setup the game but never more than this number. 20
  3. Climate: Random, Temperate, Tropical, Arid, Rocky or Cold.: Temperate
  4. Sealevel: Random, Low, Medium, High.: Low
  5. Hills: Random, 50%, 100%, 150%.: 150%
  6. Peaks: Random, 50%, 100%, 150%.: 100% (though I don't use World usually because it runs Peaks in huge strings along the coasts and I'd like to minimize those stretches if possible. It would be nice if the script would then after-effect tend to add some more settle-able coast another tile from a good % of peaks.)
  7. Landform: Random, Dryland, Pangea, Earthlike, Archipelago, Waterworld.: Earthlike
  8. Start: Everywhere, Old World.: Everywhere
  9. Rivers: Random, -4, -3, -2, -1, 100%, +1, +2, +3, +4: +4 (but +6 or +8 if possible. Even at +4 there's not enough rivers imo. Another frustration I have trying to use this script.)
  10. Resources: Random, None, 50%, 100%, 200%.: 200%
  11. Pangea Breaker: On, Off.: On

If too difficult, I understand.

@Toffer90 can adjust river spawning rate.
Also peaks at 50% should reduce amount of them.
Maybe those river settings doesn't work?

As for Huge (144x96) option Kation would need to make horizontal space map to comfortably fit space (map can't be higher than 200 tiles) - Earth would take 50% of map when placed vertically.

That is Earth would be 96x144 and then space zones being 7 - 20 tiles thick depending of amount of terrains and features available in space zone.

1. This map is already as big as it can get (at least in height) with a total of 124x200. The earth part is already quite big with 6944 tiles. But anyway, I can´t (and won´t) do space maps themselves, so if there would be a new one which I could use as a template I could also do other sizes. Currently only these 2 sizes are available.
9. I agree that there could be even more rivers.

Team games: Why not? You can choose to which team each player belongs in the setup. Haven´t tried it out though.

I see, ok so Normal then.

As for peaks, I don't want to reduce them - I'd even prefer more - just not in long strings denying coastal settling is all.

1. Standard
2. 9
3. Temperate
4. Low
5. 100
6. 50
7. Archipelago
8. Everywhere
9. 100
10. 100
11. On

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours. :D :xmas:

@Thunderbrd

I just produced a map with your settings and mountain ranges at the coast are definitely no problem! There is only one smaller continent with one coast range with 8 tiles and one with 4 tiles, that is all.
Maybe the combination 150% hills and 100% mountains produces less of the latter along the coast.

Added later: I also produced the same map with 150% hills and 150% mountains and again coast ranges are not really an issue, this time there is one range with 13 tiles and another one with 4.
If you like I can also use these settings.

Last edited:
Ok, Thunderbird's map is done and posted, next will be Joseph's. A pretty nice map with a good distribution of starting places and nearly no mountain chains at the coast ;) .

BTW, I think all the Earthlike, Archipelago and Waterworld maps look pretty good. Pangea I don´t really like, it´s just a big chunk of land surrounded by water with a single large bay.

Thank you. :D

After I have looked closely at all the other maps I have worked with I found my personal favourite settings (standard map no. 8). It consists of 2 big continents and a few small islands. Settings are:

Standard sized base map (124x56)
20 Civs (I probably won´t use more than 8)
Climate: Temperate
Sealevel: Medium
Era: Prehistoric
Hills: 150%
Peaks: 150%
Landform: Earthlike
Start: Everywhere
Rivers: +4
Resources: 100%
Pangea Breaker: Off

Another Space Map, Standard map no. 9! This was created with Toffer90's recently updated mapscript that gives more homogeniously distributed resources and (somewhat) more rivers. 50% resources is still plenty of them (IMO), so don´t fear that there are not enough. Tropical was chosen as Toffer said that there would be more rivers, I initially feared that there would be not enough polar regions but they are still there. The map consists of a big main continent and a number of smaller ones and some islands. Really looks fun to play!

Climate: Tropical
Resources: 50%
Pangea Breaker: Off

I have added a new spacemap to the 1st posting: Spacemap_Standard10_Snofru_V1.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

This one is based on the current "World" mapscript by Toffer90 with improved distribution of resources on land and on ocean.There are a few continents on this map, one bigger than the rest and some smaller islands. These are the settings:

Climate: Standard
Resources: 100%
Pangea Breaker: On

Last edited:
@Snofru1 you made serious blunder in your space maps:

You forgot to remove MaxTurns= line in all of your space maps.
This line forces amount of turns in scenario.

All of them have MaxTurns=8000 meaning those maps have 8000 turns regardless of actual game speed.

Top Bottom