So you want to see gameplay, huh?

That's called BAD GAME OPTIMIZATION.
I really don't know how you can f--- up a TBS like that...but they sure did.But it still looks awesome:)

I'd have to say again: Any kind of streaming really does slow down your computer, especially on the CPU end. Personal experience here. You could tell that it only happened at CPU stress points (combat calculations for the AI most likely).

I'd say a single thing - farewell life

Thank you very much for the stream !! time to sleep now :)

by THE FRENCH!

did you see his (Napoleon) demands for Greg's surrender?
something like 400+ gold, X gold per turn, 1 city at least Tokyo, iron resources.

To be more precise.

It was

430 gold
25 ish gold per turn
Open Borders (1-way)
two cities, one of which was tokyo
2x Iron units for 30 turns

in return he offered peace and peace with monaco.

That was a fun play through, even though I would had preffered more playing and less talking about things that have already been confirmed in articles/previews/podcasts if people bothered to look for them.

Napoleon demanded 2 cities, i suggested that he take the deal but he missed my comment, thankyfully they saw my rage quit suggestion, hehehehe.

Pretty good demo - just makes me wanna play more. Watching someone else playing just makes you say "do this...no...no...do that!"

He got destroyed!!

Yeah. Should be expected.

It'll be interesting to see how players deal with the production capacities of the AIs on harder difficulities.

For ex, with no bulb + tech trading to catch up, the AIs should run away for tech. Swordsmen/Samurai/Trebuchet vs riflemen and artillery was ugly. The main reason he lasted as long as he did was a good choke point setup. A bit disappointing that the AI didn't flank him over water. Greg had a decent starting position and looked like all of africa to himself and was last in just about everything.

Is that the Great Lighthouse at Monaco? Can city states build wonders?

That question was asked and it was specifically stated that they can't.

Noteworthy:
--the diplomacy screen isn't perfect, but much more helpful than we've been lead to believe. You can see who you're at war with and what deals you have, and even all of your past deals.
--Greg did say "organic," but only once.

I wonder why the French can't just cross the sea? I thought they could transform into boats?

They did in the last turn, but trying to swim past the choke point when it was still a choke point would have ended up with sunk ships.

Does the AI actually play the game this time or does it just get insane handicaps?

It worries me that they play the game on a high end computer but yet it lags.

it was the web cam that was lagging, and only at the end. Although that graphics mess up, was a little crazy.

@link16, the AI kicked his arse out of the window, it was looking good for a while, but as sson as he moved forward, he got owned, plus that artuillery was a beast.

No offense to Greg but seeing his Germany starting play and his play with Japan I can tell you he is not that good. He didn't stay on top of a lot like building more samurai instead of letting them drop to 4 less than he could have and he did a horrible job advancing Berlin in the begining and way to much to talk about. Plus he only had what looked like 5 cities as a civ over an era behind and in tech yet he is able to prevent Nappy from rolling him.

My theory is that Napoleon actually just didn't care about him because he was so small and is now going to destroy him. On Immortal in Civ Iv you don't stand a chance with play like he was showing us. You would be dead pretty early and quickly once declared on, especially next to Napoleon.

Did any of you guys have an orga(nic)sm?

Finally I am back from work.

WHERE and WHEN can I see a replay?

Would be very nice, if someone could tell me that :)

No offense to Greg but seeing his Germany starting play and his play with Japan I can tell you he is not that good.

I believe he said he never played Civ prior to this job, so it's not like he's even pretended to be an expert player. ;)

I only saw the last 30 minutes, and Greg pretty much got pwned :lol:

Top Bottom