Soda I - Jumping to Monarch

OK, I opened the save and Bizzy won't talk. We're SOL, guys. Do I make them fight for Essen or pull out and let them take it and try to save the troops?

I recommend saving the troops. They are veterans and could still be useful. I don't see a chance of us saving Essen. I wanted a team consensus as well, rrau.

Rrau, do you remember the name of that advisor who said something about a fast way to get marble? :rolleyes: I think we should f... I mean give him a raise and a better palace.

My bad :blush: Save the troops, imo. That SoD will shrink if it comes any further through Essen. With most of the SoD staying behind in Essen, maybe we could take him on again. Have we got any cash? Perhaps run the slider at 0% for a turn or two, then upgrade our prime horse units.

I dunno, look where my advice got us :rolleyes: I'm just worried Mansa or Cathy are getting ready to march in, what with the amount of demands they have made recently. So, save as much of the army as you can.

lurker's comment: what/how many units are in Essen?

ouch...all that to get marble and a chance at the GL...even though Ceasar had marble and the tech before us...

Ok well whats done is done, give up the city, I would fortify defenders (spearman) in jungle and hills across rivers from his SOD and hope we can wittle it down some. Otherwise he is going to come in and just pillage everything in site before attacking a city.

As soon as he will talk make peace. We are still behind in Tech and really need to get those courthouses and such finished. Maybe talk to Hatty see if we can bribe her to attack Bizmarck?

Hehe, the next few turns are going to be interesting.

Also, I would whip those courthouses out in the cities with the highest maintenance.

retro V said:
Don't forget that 3 Libraries are required to build a Great one. So it's not a completely lost cause if an AI has the tech and resources before you.
I don't thing that's the case. You just need one in the city you're building it at.

Our pitiful forces:

We can't trade for horseback riding. The only civs that we have techs to trade for it, won't trade. (Bizmark and Julius).

We only have 2 spears. One in the capital as our only garrison and one near the capital, travelling.

I'm not sure we can survive this :cry:

Most likely, they'll move into that forest, but what would the AI do if you moved out your Immortals DEEPER into german territory? Might be worth a shot . . .

A neat trick/bug/exploit in Vanilla, too, is that if you whip on the first turn of a new build (with the 1 pop penalty), you'll get the extra 30 shields of production. Good to crank out an army if you've got the population to spare.

I would move the axeman onto the hill/jungle for max defense. I like Pholk's idea, maybe take 2 immortals and go start pillaging german territory. The other 2 I would head back towards the capital. I would move the spear not in the capital to the jungle hill also if he can get there, or on the hill behind it in our territory.

lurker's comment: mind you, i'm not sure WHAT exactly would happen, but . . . Just don't blame me if two spears pop out and take them down ;) :)

also [**cough, cough, shameless plug, cough, cough**] if any of you are interested in a CRAZY aztec variant, i think there's one that just started :mischief:

305 (0) Abandon Essen
IBT: Essen captured by Germany

320 (1) ZZZ

335 (2) ZZZ

350 (3) Chop forests for Great library
IBT: Germany unloads troops by Thateloco :(

365 (4) Make peace with Germany for CoL

380 (5) ZZZ
IBT: Bizmark DoW Mansa

395 (6) ZZZ

410 (7) ZZZ

425 (8) ZZZ

440 (9) ZZZ
IBT: Learn construction

455 (10) Trade Hatty Construction for Monarchy. Mansa won't trade HBR for construction.

NOTE: Next turn try to trade Mansa both monarchy and construction for HBR.

um, why trade for HBR?? Its a dead end tech, might as well wait for it to get cheap. Next war will be cats primarily anyway.

I'm moving in to my new apartment this weekend and don't know when I get my connection up and running, so I'll probably have to skip my next round :( Too bad we couldn't hold Essen, but we didn't lose any of our own cities :)

IT: move research to 80%. We have 700+ gold so -23 a turn is fine to get civil service (in 25 turns instead of 80 or so lol).

1: begin cats in a couple cities that finish what they are doing. Switch some production around in some cities.

2: not much, move some workers around.

3: ok maybe a decision some won't like. Hatty asked us to join us in war against Mansa, mansa doesn't like us, we have 4 different neg. categories with him. Plus, Hatty is right next to him so we are likely to see little to no action so I say ok. After checking the diplo screen turns out Bismark is at war with him too so we really wont see any action. Given that Bismark is at war I suggest attacking germany very soon while he is still at war. Like right after we get a couple cats we should attack.

4: Nothing, move horses up to our barb city, its the closest to Mansa just in case.

5: nothing

6: wow zzz was right

7: Great Library finished elsewhere...we get 328 gold. After the tree chopping we were still about 12 turns away. I must say like I said before I really think wasting time on that was a bad idea.

8: Teo grows and is angry. It currently has +2 anger from whipping that should wear off any turn so don't whip them to reduce it! It will stay for another 32 turns if you whip right now.

9: galley finishes in tenoch, move worker to mine iron on island. Hatty makes peace with Mansa! Mansa has dropped from 1st to 3rd in score over the last few turns.

10: worker is on iron, make sure to start it next turn. Other workers are hooking up the wheat in our borders not near a city. I would attack Bismarck within the next 5 turns our so. We have 3 cats finished and a couple more near complete. Plus his forces will all be across on the other front with Mansa as he is still at war.

I'm at 100% research to get to civil service which is 6 turns away. We still have lots of cash from the GL abandonment. A few people have feudalism and music, but are not trading (including Hatty). I'm working on a temple in tenoch so we can have a priest work. The extra money from a shrine would be nice and turns out we don't have any city working on great people??? This will be our first...

We should attack Bismarck with the cats and units we currently have. But I would start on war elephants as well after the next round of cats is finished.

Who's up? (ten characters)

Top Bottom