Some interesting "what-ifs" from the old DG4 saves

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This is something I like to do after the demogame ends -- see what would have happened had we made, or not made certain choices.

1 - That Bab war that Shalashaska said would happen in 900BC would have happened had we not renegotiated peace with Russia. (There was also a random element where the Germans declared war on Russia instead of the Aztecs declaring war on the Iroquois).

2 - Had we waited 1-2 more turns to invade England, England would have landed cavs on our ice island and attacked. (A simulataneous English-Aztec attack) Would've made it MUCH more dramatic. ;)

What turnchat did the subjugation of England take place on, speaking of that? I've looked for it, but I haven't been able to find it....

Speaking of England, it would have been interesting if England had managed to wipe out our cities on the tundra island by being lucky with the two cavs they landed. IIRC, it came pretty close to happening.

Also, if the first Babylonian war had been a loss or a stalemate for us, the game may have turned out differently.

Looking at the save (I can't get the war to reproduce if I move units around, which may or may not be true to that origanal turnchat, minus the peace renegotiation) -- I had to check that Shalashaska war then to see if it occured, and it did - just incase we needed evidence for a CC), we had a pultry 7 warriors, and 4 spears, plus we were just starting to take a beating from the barbs. War would have made that situation... interesting. Also, in this round I just tried, Babylon built the Collosus. (Maybe it was the random number that made Germany attack Russia).

By war's beginning, had it happened, we would have had 7 warriors, and 4 spears, and probably feverishly trying to get iron hooked up... with 2 workers (1 babylonian), and 2 settlers. A look at Babylon (in C3C - MP Hotseat mode), reveals that they had:

5 workers (puts us to shame. :p)
6 warriors
12 spears, and 1 bowman.

They had an elite and regular warrior by Samarra (Mister Roger's Neighborhood), that would have headed our way. They were also connecting their horses (3 turns to finish)

It may have been 10 turns before we saw our first unit (when an AI demands a tech, they usually don't back down easily), but it would have been tough going, as they had more productive cities (3 at 3spt, 3 at 2spt). We had 2 at 5spt, 1 at 2spt, and 3 at 1spt. We probably would have finished currency, and gone with HBR, building horses the next turnchat. (Horses would have taken 2 cities 6 turns to build). Would have made things... interesting.

Chieftess said:
Looking at the save (I can't get the war to reproduce if I move units around, which may or may not be true to that origanal turnchat, minus the peace renegotiation) -- I had to check that Shalashaska war then to see if it occured, and it did - just incase we needed evidence for a CC)

You did irreversible game actions? :eek:

OK, we need a rule exception allowing an officer of the court to move the game forward to investigate a CC... :p

DaveShack said:
You did irreversible game actions? :eek:

OK, we need a rule exception allowing an officer of the court to move the game forward to investigate a CC... :p

AFTER the game ended. :p But, I saw what Shalashaska posted anyway, and had to check to see if I had to ban him temporarily (I was the only mod online then)

Top Bottom