Soy is making kids gay

Good gravy, no. And since we're talking about suppressing arousal, I am not enjoying the mental images ...

:lol: Actually that sounds like a cool club. How can I join?
A sharp blow to the head with a heavy blunt object should make you eligible for membership. Hold steady now...
And I disagree. Because I do not believe that generally speaking, stupid people are less likely to be empathic.
Isnt it true that stupid people are less likely to be alot of things?
I guess that's that, then. You should be happy, no fuzzy, wishy-washy, middle-stance, we can't tell conclusion ;)
Quite bracing sir, many thanks:hatsoff:

Agreed, if you believe it is not healthy you just can eat less of it instead of not eating meat at all, which can be dangerous too if you don't watch your vitamins intake, specially the B group ones.
Yep, I agree.
I believe that is the reason behind the non eating meat custom on Fridays practiced by Christians, so you can have more variety in your diet = healthier diet.
I dont recall the details, but some Pope came up with that for some nefarious reasons, like he was in the fish business or something.
May I offer a wishy-washy solution? :lol:
Noooooooo! :suicide:
The empathy Masquerouge is talking about is instantenous based into our natural instincts similar that of dog can feel related to human that is sad.

What Bozo is talking about is making logical conclusion arising from this empathy and connecting it to the things that make you two similar since you feel the same thing but still separate beings.

They are part of the same process but you just happened to separate them I suppose.

Our feelings develop from our instincts and then they are "certified" by the process which we call self-awareness, other words thinking.
It is Me;)
And by the way, is there something I could eat to make myself asexual?
Can I quote you on that?

Attachments

• zzsoyisalsomurder.bmp
    322.7 KB · Views: 55
Sounds like James Rutz is a big doofus... :lol:

Oh come on Narz, the stupidest youve seen in four years??
I'm sure if I looked back more throughly I'd be proven wrong. ;)

Look, regardless of where you fall on this set of issues, I think theres one thing ALL of us can agree on: Milk, red meat, gayness, testosterone and vegetarianism are all hot button political issues these days. Theres very little clear, calm thinking about those issues. Thats why people who have different views are called stupid.
Agreed on the first part, however I didn't call you stupid, just your comment. There is no point in discussing things with someone stupid, doing so would implicate my own stupidity.

The fact is that the human race evolved as meat eaters.
Opportunistic omnivores anyway. What people eat varied significantly from culture to culture and climate to climate. Humans (along with rats and roaches) have evolved to be able to manage to digest and extract nutrition from just about anything.

We all want to be natural and get back to nature, right?
To some degree or another, probably. However, we are so far removed from the natural world that we can only abstractly speculate about what true naturalism actually is. The fact that we are debating about "nature" from concrete buildings on a electronic device which operates by us hitting little plastic keys should be proof enough of that.

Well, theres nothing more natural than killing an animal and eating it.
For a tiger anyway. I'm not sure I would have it in me actually. Though I could imagine scavenging a dead dog or something if I was hungry enough. Some people seem to have it in them to kill, others not so much. There are quite a few vegetarian cultures out there (though most eat at least some animal food - milk, eggs, etc.) and many among meat eating cultures who choose not to partake.

When I was a lad I ate meat, actually up until I was twenty-three, well past my developmental years (I stopped growing at fourteen) however my nature (stirivng to be non-violent except in defense of life or love) has always been the same. I just never thought about it and ate what my parents told me I should.

Even, in the culture and family I grew up in if someone had asked me which seemed more "natural" to me, picking an apple or ripping apart a chicken and devouring it, I think I'd say the apple.

I find it hard to believe that a food which we've been eating for like a million years, before we were even fully human, can have no beneficial effects on human growth and development, when consumed in moderation.
It can be good in moderation, however you said it was "necessary" which I would disagree on. Also, keep in mind that the meat our ansectors ate was completely different than the meat most children are fed. Wild vension (and wooly mamooth?) is alot different from grain stuffed (cows eating grains, soybeans and animal byproducts) beef. The breeds of animals most people eat today existed in completely different forms back then. Also, the highest levels of nutrition would be found int the organ meat, which by most "carnivores" would be considered repulsive.

I also believe that soy milk, in moderation, is perfectly fine. Most things in moderation are perfectly fine. Dont confuse me with the author of that article, which I havent even bothered to read yet.
I don't. I'm not arguing that meat is terrible and no one should eat it. I'd even go so far as to say a little bit of quality meat is healthier than an equal portion of GMO soybeans. However, there is no evidence coorlating low testosterone to lack of meat or that a parent is damaging their sons sexuality by raising them without it.

It could, except that I can't.
I'm giving it as a potential reason why the testosterone-effects of soy eating are confounded.

Unless you want me to prove that steroids suppress natural testosterone production? But I don't think you need me to prove that.

That's fine I have no problem with you or anyone hypothesising about things. I just want equal treatment for everyone including unpopular newspaper ideas.

Yup! The bible doesn't condemn homosexuality - it condemns having sex with another man. The idea that femninity is part of homosexuality, as well as the idea of homosexuality being a different form of sexuality seperate from heterosexuality, is a modern construct. The idea of pederasty in ancient Greece was not the same as modern day version of homosexuality.

This doesn't mean that homosexuality (being sexually attracted to another man) didn't exist - more like it wasn't discovered, as the law of gravity wasn't discovered.
The OT talks about men having sex with animals for instance. Are you suggesting that heterosexual, homosexual, and bestiality intercourse were considered the same sexuality in OT times?

A nice idea. But there's one problem with having your feet firmly on the ground:
Spoiler :
You can't get your pants off for the important stuff. :ack:

OK OK, I'm sorry. Nothing to see here, kindly move on.

Bah, if its truly important, the pants will be ripped off, rather than taken off.;)

Top Bottom