• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Speculations about 2 civs in the first DLC

In a way, its a shame.
I'd really hoped that city states would be less generic - that allying with them might for example let you get a specific UU or UB.

Geneva could give Swiss Pikemen, Genoa with Genovesee crossbows, Jerusalem with crusaders, Almaty with Kazakh horsemen, Edinburgh with Highlanders, Venice with war galleys, Singapore with trade freighters, Monaco with a racetrack, etc.

Maybe this in a mod?

It's been said that citystates have UU, not 100% confirmed, but it would be very cool.

Carthage as an "insignificant regional power" is certainly debatable.

Yes. Without them, we wouldn't know of Archimedes.

Also, it has been mentioned city states have their own tech tree, as do barbarians, and we've seen barbarians have their own units, so why not city states?

Personally I would love to see a mod where the barbarian and city state tech trees become available to the player.

Also, notice there are no city states from:

Spain
Mongolia
Peru (Inca)

You could argue there aren't any from Australia, New Zealand... but they have a. not been mentioned, b. have not played a major part in history, and c. are 'new' countries, breakaway from the british empire.

OK, this may be a stupid question, but could Babylon be one of the two civs? Or is it Babylon AND two civs?

OK, this may be a stupid question, but could Babylon be one of the two civs? Or is it Babylon AND two civs?

I doubt Babylon will be released that soon as DLC.

And they say deluxe digital edition + 1st DLC free. I don't think they would give you Babylon twice.

Where does it say with the deluxe edition you get the 1st DLC free? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. I thought it was just:

Deluxe Edition
- Civilization V (download)
- A. Babylon Civilization with leader Nebuchadnezzar II
- Behind the Scenes at Firaxis with Civilization V video feature
- Game Soundtrack (download)

and

7. Steam Deluxe USD 59.99 / EUR 54.99 / GBP 39.99
- Deluxe Edition (download)
- E. Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization: Mesopotamia

Where does it say with the deluxe edition you get the 1st DLC free? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. I thought it was just:

and

if you order either version from D2D you get the first DLC free when it comes out later this year. So ordering the deluxe eddition from D2D means an eventual +3 civs for the cost of the deluxe. The regular would be +2. The deluxe from steam would be +1.

At D2D:

Bundle Contains:
Sid Meier’s Civilization V DLC: 1st Double Civilization and Scenario Pack
Play Video Sid Meier’s Civilization III: Complete
Sid Meier’s Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition

My suspicions are that they are the Mongols and Incas, and possibly the Spanish.

This is because the Mongols and Incas were already hinted in past articles/previews. Genghis Khan was mentioned as a leader, and the Quechua language (the Incan language) was mentioned as well. It is possible that the article/preview writers mistook Genghis Khan for another leader (I highly doubt that), or that they mistook Quechua for another language (possibly Nahuatl for the Aztecs or the Iroqouian language, which is plausible). Why Genghis Khan or Quechua aren't in the final Civ5, I don't know. Anyhow, I have a very strong feeling that the Mongols are a high possibility, since they could fill the niche of the nomad civ that really isn't in the game... yet.

I also say the Spanish since they were a vanilla civ in Civ4.

I sure hope it's the Mongols as they have been my favourite Civ.

I can't wait for my speedy Mongol Horse Archers to terrorize the countryside.

Hopefully they don't give them a lame special ability like razing cities at double speed. :lol:

The Incas would be nice too. They'd probably get an extra food from hills or get one food from mountains.

I sure hope it's the Mongols as they have been my favourite Civ.

I can't wait for my speedy Mongol Horse Archers to terrorize the countryside.

Hopefully they don't give them a lame special ability like razing cities at double speed. :lol:

The Incas would be nice too. They'd probably get an extra food from hills or get one food from mountains.

And I hope Mongolian Upower boosts its ability to rapidly expand across big area.

All of the above are good ideas. I'd like to see some modern news makers and world/regional powers included.

Korea (already been said)
Brazil
Mexico
Venezuela or Colombia
Iran

Top Bottom