Stability Bitmaps

Some thing is wrong in Rome map or hovering cursor on tiles.

In Rome stab map it shows that yellow on tile where is Tarraco city - but as you can see from screen cap it is light green - historical area. I have had constant rebels in Tarraco - which I have found - after Spain spawn and even when I had quite good precent of Roman culture.
When my stab was lower than -40 Tarraco came Independent city. So I think cursor thing could be wrong.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 409

In Rome stab map it shows that yellow on tile where is Tarraco city - but as you can see from screen cap it is light green - historical area. I have had constant rebels in Tarraco - which I have found - after Spain spawn and even when I had quite good precent of Roman culture.
When my stab was lower than -40 Tarraco came Independent city. So I think cursor thing could be wrong.

Rebellions only have to do with culture in the city, not whether they're in another civ's spawn area (though if Tarraco tried to flip to Spain, then the map is wrong).

On an aside, that location should really not be called Tarraco. Tarraco/Tarragona is south of Barcino/Barcelona, not north of it. I suppose it should be probably be Gerunda (modern Girona).

AI Spain gets Eastern Spain flipped, player does not. Therefore it keeps being historical for Rome and Phoenicia.

I'm just starting out with spain, and unless I'm misreading something or using an older version, there seem to be a few problems with the map.

Attachments

• rfc doc map.PNG
    rfc doc map.PNG
    369.9 KB · Views: 132
Many of these stability bitmaps are outdated. The Spanish one (and the map in general) in Iberia got a complete makeover when the Moors were added.

These maps are severely outdated I'm afraid. I'll do an update when I get the chance.

EDIT: Actually to be honest are these even necessary now that the tooltip shows the stability?

These maps are severely outdated I'm afraid. I'll do an update when I get the chance.

EDIT: Actually to be honest are these even necessary now that the tooltip shows the stability?

Yes they are. Sometimes people want to see if a city is okay for a vassal to hold.

I like them quite a bit. For the colonial powers, it's nice to be able to see where you can expand ahead of time without having to mouse over every single square of the map, especially if you haven't explored that area yet.

In fact, is there any way that I could get a link to download the program which is used to generate these maps? I could help to update them.

I'd really like to see these updated also.

Furthermore, would it be possible to generate bitmaps with the areas that are flipped on spawn (human and AI, where these are different)?

I'd really like to see these updated also.

Furthermore, would it be possible to generate bitmaps with the areas that are flipped on spawn (human and AI, where these are different)?

Yea. I'd have to write another script, that's all. I'll see if I can fix up this one first this weekend, and then we'll see about the other.

Yea. I'd have to write another script, that's all. I'll see if I can fix up this one first this weekend, and then we'll see about the other.
The old one still works for the base civs as long as you use the option to create all maps.

Top Bottom