stAmen7NES1 - Sarevok's "The Old Empires"

All we need are orders from das (Mongolia) and we can update this bad-boy!:goodjob:

das, where aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrreeeeeeeee yooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuu?

OOC: Sorry, I had problems with the connection. And just why is Newfoundland Norse? I mean, I know it WAS discovered by the Norse, but it kinda is British.

IC:

To: Byzantine Empire

Greetings, friends of the Genghis Khan Nayuk, Ruler of the Mongols, descendant of the descendants of Genghis Khan Temujin and Genghis Khan Tamerlane! In the past, we have saved you from the Ottoman threat. Yet they are now rebuilding and strenghthening once more. All of these years they seeked revenge for that defeat. I propose an alliance to you against that threat, and trade to strengthen that alliance.

We also have to inform you that our country is in dire straits economically. But that could easily be reversed! Please, give us an economy level, and we will return the debt - either in economy or in a battle.

To: Kingdom of Tibet

Greetings, King Tibet. Your country is weak and threatened by China and Britain. If you agree to pay us tribute - 1 economy level - we promise to protect you from any threat. If you do not... that is fairly predictable.

Orders:

- Create UU - Modern Raider (good old swift and fearsome Mongol raiders - with modern rifles and equipment)
- Set up trade with the Byzantine Empire.
- Start wonder - Nayuk's Modernization Program (++economy, ++education) (1/?)

To the great mongolians
If you see we are already in an alliance and we would gladly start trade
ooc orders editied

September, 1914

WAR IN THE WESTERN HEMPISHPERE!

Behind the scenes, the Commonwealth and America have secretly created "The Anglophone Alliance". They maintain that over the years, Spain has commited various crimes against the peoples of the west. They maintain Spain and it's lackey-state Mexico have grown decadent and lazy, and that "wealth belongs not in the hands of the lazy". 200,000 Canadian and 25,000 Americans have fortified themselves at the Rio Grande under American command. Canada is blockading the Campeche Gulf, and Britain used an almost Blitzkrieg style of warfare to take Port-of-Spain. Britain is also creating a front in southern South America to try and scatter Spanish attentions. Meanwhile Rio de Oro and Gibraltar are swiftly falling to the might Anglophone forces. Expect more to come.

WAR IN SOUTH AFRICA!

Chief Chestwayo has declared a state of war exists between Portugal and Zululand. Chestwayo has started a "Zulu Renaissance" in Africa, and urges all Africans to depose their European oppressors and to retake the continent. Zululand has already taken one city.

Zulu/German Tensions

At the very same time of the Zulu Renaissance, the Germans are attempting to "Germanize" it's African holdings. Meanwhile it fortifies the border it has with the Zulu. The Zulu are doing them one better, though. They are building a wall between them. How this will turn out is yet to be seen.

REVOLUTION!!!!

A new nation is born this day, named Morrocco. It was carved out of the North African French holdings. France has announced that it will respond with swift, descisive action, and when France is victorious, President Poincare says, "shall kill all those treasonous *****es."

Revelation in Asia

Byzantium and Mongolia have signed an MPP on this day, stating that the two saved each other by taking care of the Ottoman threat centuries ago. Trade has been opened, and we are unsure as to how this will affect peace in the Middle East and Asia.

Note: Guys, it's my first update, so please tell me if anything's wrong.

The World as of September 1914

Attachments

• world_map8.gif
    world_map8.gif
    79.5 KB · Views: 146
To Mongolia
From Tibet

We shall pay you one economy. Please excuse my late reply.

TO THE WORLD
From Morrocco

We urge you to donate supplies and troops to help us in our move for independance. For too long have we been mistreated under the French yoke...No More!

From Spain
To the Anglophone Alliance

I am sorry to hear this news. We might have a surprise in store for you, though. *shifty eyes, manic laughing

Amen,

Carthage has not existed for thoundsands of years, might a Islamic Republic or something be more inline with 1914? Just a suggestion and nice first update

Called it Carthage for no real reason.... I suppose Morroco would be better, eh?;)

OOC:
You mixed up my orders a little, instead of the trade route with GB I wanted to increase the navy.

Fixed

Thanks.

To Norse Empire

Canada wishs good relationships between our people, but we must ask you settle the Newfoundland question. It is a dagger pointed at the heart of Canada and I cannot let my people have a forgin power only 100 miles from our heartland.

:hmm: I see lotsa players for this NES browsing the NES forum, but ignore this thread.:hmm:

To Spain:
We don't fear you. Bring on your worst. Too long have you oppressed the people of Latin America. Now the armies of the Anglophone Alliance are coming to liberate the people and force you back to your Iberian homeland.

GERMANY:
TO USA, CANADA, AND ENGLAND:
We cant believe it!, and we tought yall stood for democracy and all that, well we oppose this invasions in mexico and war on spain, but shall do nothing, this will only bring bad karma to your nations ;-)

TO ZULULAND:
we are not trying to begin war, so this high tensions are for no good reason!, we ask fora 5 turn NAP (that will include no of your propaganda on our land)

ORDERS:
CONTINUE WONDER
Continue to germanize our people in africa, keep building hospitals, schools and humanitarian missions, start to hand some power to locals in the administration.
*note, there is no slavery in german territory*
give land back to natives for them to cultivate it.

OOC: you citys in africa are a bit too exagerated in numbers, it is imposible to believe that there are so many citys w/ the same ammount of "in-game" importance than the USA and europe combined, i would only see 3 or maybe 4 major citys.

To Germany:
But you are exactly right in that we DO stand for democracy. That is why we are fighting liberate the people of Latin America from the yoke of Spanish oppression. Perhaps you have never visited Cuba. Perhaps you have never seen the poverty in the cities, where mothers sell their bodies for the money to feed the children left behind by men murdered by the Spanish marshall government. Perhaps you have not seen the sugarcane plantations, where men work like slaves for as little pay as the Spanish can provide without breaking their nation's offhand laws banning slavery. Perhaps you have not seen the cemeteries, the vast tracts of land in the hills outside Havana where the strong Catholic piety of the Spanish is the only thing that compelled them to bury the tortured and mutilated bodies of those who dared to dissent against the Spanish governor. Perhaps you have never been to the rest of Latin America, where all the same abuses and more are perpetrated every day by these monsters, in the name of the glory of the Spanish Empire. But I have. I have seen it all, seen it with my own eyes, eyes that in their days have seen pain and suffering, but never on the scale I experiences in Cuba. The air is heavy with it; one cannot turn their head a degree in Havana without catching sight of another family of starving children, or another begger in the street, once a freeman, but broken by years of work on the cane plantations as punishment for a crime... the crime of stealing food from a Spanish aristocrat to feed his family. This is what I have seen in Cuba, and this is why I cannot, in good conscience, allow it to continue any longer. If you have not seen these sights, then consider yourself lucky, Wilhelm. I do not know how many nights the faces of the Cubans have haunted my dreams, how many nights I have relived the days I spent in the streets of Havana, how many times I have watched the children starve, able to do little more than hand out morsels of food to one or two of the hundreds. I wish I were as you, Wilhelm, unpossessed of these memories. But I am not, and therefore, my armies will fight for the freedom of the Spanish colonies. The people of Cuba shall be free, no matter what the cost.

OOC: grandmaster what nation are you?, please put it along your diplo.

To grandmasters nation:
From Germany:
if it is for democracy we expect you to give power and independece to the nations "liberated", but we have a feeling you are jsut going to anex them all..... and whats up w/ invading spain?!

Top Bottom