Steam controller configuration not working

qwertzy

Chieftain
Hi,

I have my Steam controller for a while now and using it to play all kinds of games, including Civ IV & V. Until now, everything worked great.

However, I have huge troubles getting the controller to correctly work with Civ VI: The basic functionality is there but it seems that the specific settings for the game are ignored and I also can't access the overlay via the Steam button.

So, scrolling works, clicking works. Most other keys do nothing (X & Y do nothing and the right bottom key that should end the turn also does nothing). It's really just the Steam controller's default keyboard/mouse functionality, no Firaxis preset or anything. Controller configurations that I make myself in Steam's Big Picture mode are also completely ignored.

Can anybody help?

edit: The problem seems to be connected to the fact that Steam is losing its "connection" to the game - when I Alt-Tab to Steam, I don't see the normal Ingame Overlay but I see the regular Steam Big Picture Mode (from which I started Civ). In Steam, Civ is also not reported as running (I could hit "Play" again).

Last edited:
Top Bottom