stErzNES - If first you don't succeed, try try again

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by erez87, Aug 19, 2005.

1. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Done many NPC's... still some more to go :)

2. andis-1

andis-1 The Hedgehog

Btw erez, could you also update the map in the first page, it would be easier for us if everything u need to know is in the first page... just a suggestion.

3. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

The Cults interaction with Society

It must be remembered that both tools are available to humans, a dangerous combination, yet ultimalty people choose one path or the other. For the Scots they choose the path of Good, yet this can be changed, over the years and with different kings.

The Keeper of the temples advise how best to follow the teachings of Scatha, they are a foundation of law within Scots Society. The Temples are as often the case the seats of learning in Scots Culture. Foremost is the reading of the stars, for they foretell mans fate. However the keepers must be eternally watchfull for during Ancalagons watch they be easily decieved as that is his time and his powers are stronger then.

However they have managed to invent a calander of sorts.

It measure the time from the Zenith of Scathas powers, in the summer to its nadir in the Winter. Ancalagons powers are at a nadir in the summer and at a Zenith in the Winter.

Winter is Ancalagons domain and Summer is Scathas Domain. Spring and Autumn are called the times of Woe as both Scatha and Ancalagon are of roughly equal power. It measures Lunar cycles, and Solar cycles, needless to say they found that they didn't keep exactly the same times thus two Calenders were developed. With The adoption of Scatha by the Scots people the Solar calender was chosen. It is composed of 4 Seasons. Days are shown by the appropriate number.

Thus Summer 27 is near the height of Scathas powers.

4. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Fergus Mor Contemplated his lifes path.

The priest said all would be revealed if he contemplated the tools at hand. Alas he was concerned with his place in Perfection. The Afterlife. For that he needed to displays Scatha's ideals. Trust, loyalty and so on.

More importantly he had to change things. His priest, C had once declared. "There is little Honour in death, it is why you die that is important. How you have lived that is important. Death is just the end of the beginning,"

He was very wise.

Then he had asked the question, is killing others to bring them into the Scottish Fold, to reveal to them the power of Scatha an honorable duty?

He had been told on no uncertain terms that that was the goal of his life. To bring Scathas power to everyone. They would all benefit from it, he would be thanked, glorified.

With this advice at hand he began to contemplate the coming battles, and what they would mean.

5. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

The National Drink

Scotch Whisky

Whisky has been in production for Centuries as a way to purify water so that the germs can't kill people. Thus Copius amounts of alcoholic beverages are drunk. The Scotch people are most notable for their Whisky. This is a distilled spirit its name in Scottish Gaelic is uisge beatha literally meaning the "Water of Life".

Scottish Gaelic

The alphabet has 17 letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T, U.

Letters of the alaphabet are named after trees ailm (elm), beith (birch), coll (hazel), dair (oak), and so on.

Scottish Gaelic is an inflected language. Nouns indicate their relationships with a number of grammatical cases (nominative, vocative, genitive, and 'dative', so-termed in traditional grammars (better - 'post-prepositional' case), and verbs are conjugated to indicate tense (simple tenses are past and future; compound tenses are continuous present, past, and future), mood (indicative, imperative, subjunctive), and voice (active, passive).

Scottish Gaelic shares with other Celtic languages a number of interesting grammatical features:

Verb Subject Object word order; a relatively uncommon typology among the world's languages

Prepositional pronouns: pronouns and most prepositions are fused into compound forms, such as agam (at me), agad (at you), ris (to him).

The absence of a verb to have: instead, possession is expressed prepositionally, with aig (that is by saying that something is at or on a person,):
    tha taigh agam — I have a house (lit. a house is at me)
    an cat aig Iain — John's cat (lit. the cat at John)

Emphatic pronouns: A distinction is made between the ordinary pronouns, like mi and thu, and their emphatic counterparts, mise, thusa, and so forth, which express a contrast to other persons. For example:
    tha i bòidheach — she's beautiful
    tha ise bòidheach — she's beautiful (as opposed to somebody else)

Grammatical emphasis carries over into other situations:

an taigh aicese — her house
    chuirinn-sa — I would put
    na mo bheachd-sa — in my opinion

"To be": Gaelic has two forms of the verb "to be": tha is used to ascribe a property to a noun or pronoun, whereas in general usage is is used to identify a noun or pronoun as a complement. ('Is' can be used to ascribe a description to a noun or pronoun, but generally this usage is restricted to fixed expressions, for example: 'Is beag an t-iongnadh' lit. 'Is small the surprise'
    tha mise sgìth — I am tired
    is mise Eòghann — I am Ewen.

It is, however, possible to use tha to say that one thing is another thing by turning it into a property:

tha mi nam Albannach — I am a Scot (lit. I am in my Scot)
    Is e Albannach a th' annam — I am a Scot (lit. it's a Scot that's in me).

6. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

Question, How do you build roads?

100 men or, 1 eco point for three or?

7. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

Sent orders

Please can we have some sort of trade bulit into this game. Most Nes's have trade and it is pretty central to being Carthage, not to mention trade was a large part of life back then.

8. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

No roads for now.

Regular trade always exist. Routes don't exist for now.

9. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

erez, does the country in england have stats yet?

10. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Thats Briton (or Bretonia not sure yet) and no stats yet.

11. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

The people of Cyprus, being separated now from Mycenian culture for almost a generation, are beginning to develop a distinctly different society. Being on an Island, the sea god Poseidon is worshipped above all, and other gods are shrinking down to relative insignificance. He is responsible for the safety of Cypriot ships, so there is a shrine to him on every vessel, so he gives their sailors fair weather.

Hades, god of riches and the underworld, is also a major god, for the mineral riches of the island and a deep cave, which is reputed to be an entrance to his realm. The unending wealth of his domain is always respected by the miners. Hades is not feared, as he is in other Greek cultures, but seen as a wise father. With the entrance to his kingdom on their own island, Cypriots know that they can never truly leave their beautiful homeland.

Zeus, the chief god, is always respected, but he is not seen as a down-to-earth god like Poseidon or Hades, rather as a distant figure watching over everything. All of the other minor gods, such as Dionysius and Apollo are worshipped as they have always been. But Cyprus is now a stronghold of Poseidon and Hades, and it seems that nothing is going to change that.

12. Israelite9191

Israelite9191 You should be reading

The Four Treasures of the Tuatha De Danann: The stone that knows the high king, the sword that both kills and heals, the spear that never misses, and the cauldron of eternal life. These four treasures are the center of Erin's faith. After the great Bile and Danu, grandparents of the gods and creators of life itself, they are the greatest symbols of Druidism. They came from the four cities with the Tuatha De Danann when they came to Erin's Shore. The stone now resides in Tara, where the high king chosen, but the spear, cauldron, and sword are lost. Some say they are on the four isles to the East, where they believe the Tuatha De went after leaving Erin. Others believe that they are scattered throughout Erin, or even the isle of Britain. And still more believe that they are hidden within the deapths of Newgrange, in a place that none have seen. It is believed that wne the treasures are found, whoever holds all af them will gain power beyond all else. But, only a pure soul can come into posession of such treasures. And, as no human is pure, the quest for the Four Treasures of the Tuatha De Danann will go on untill the end of time.
    The great gods of Druidism:

Lugh of the Long Hand: Lugh of the Long Hand is the multi-talented god. He has dominion over no one aspect of anything but rather is equal to the geatest of everything. His songs and poems as great as the greatest bard and his sword arm as strong as the greateest champion. he is the supreme deity of Erin. According to legend, whenever he visits the realms of man he takes the form of a kind o fairy know as a lepracaun. Also, he is supposed to have invented Erin's favorite beverage, beer. ;)

Manannan: God of the sea, patron of the Isle of Man (shortened version of the Island of Manannan), he registers in the hearts of Erin strongly. Since most Irsihmen live on the sea or close to it, they are dpendent on the bounty that Manannan provides them. Whenever any Irishman goes out into the Irish sea to bring in the fish that fead his family, he always says a prayer to Manannan. He is also important because it is believed that Manannan was the god who brought the Irish to Erin.

Brighid: The mother of all the Tuatha De Danann, she is the only one of the parent and grandparent dos that is worshiped by the common folk on a regular basis. Her position as mother makes her a favorite of midwives and peasent women, as well as children. She is also the patron of cattle herders and is the most popular deity in the south.

Bile: The Great Oak, grandfather of the Tuatha De Danann and the father of life itself, he is a very important figure in Irish lore. Generally only worshiped by the Druids and Dryads (female druids), he is not very popular among the common folk as he is seen as distant and unconnected. But, being worshiped by the Druids is enough to put Bile among the most important deities.

Danu: The Great Waters of Life, her nourishing waters are what caused Bile to come into existince. She is the grandmother of the Tuatha De Danann and the mother of life itself. She is generally only worshiped by the Dryads as she, like Bile, is seen as distant and unconnected. In Erin's mythology she is just as, if not more, important than Bile but takes second seat as Bile is also the source of the Druids' (dru being the Gaelic for oak) and Dryads' position.

Oenghus: The god of love, originally a minor deity, he is becoming much more popular as his holy site, Newgrange, becomes more important. Alread a favorite of matchmakers and the mysterious dryads he is becoming a favorite of the high king, Cormac Mac Art. Oenghus is certain to become an important god in the future.

Many toher gods are worshiped but are not nearly as important or popular as the above metioned.

13. alex994

You know if all the NPC stats were up orders would be sent soon? ;)

14. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

Masilia
    Ruler: \ NPC
    Government: Monarchy
    Religion: Greek Polythism
    Economy: Good Enough
    Army: 300 Spearmen (normal), 500 Archers (normal)
    Navy: 50 Galleys (good)
    Culture: Divided
    Education: Dumb
    Confidence: Tolerating

ME!

15. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

lol... are you trying to copy my Antigot in every NES your in?!!?

16. Insane_Panda

Insane_Panda Deity

Antigot is teh h4xx0r.

anyways, herr erez, when are orders due?

17. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

you can send them now. i'll finish NPC's stats tommorow (i'll take my time so I won't get bored and annoyed with the nes too fast hehehe) and ones i get all\most orders i'll call a dead line and update

18. alex994

Normandy, home of the brave and strong.

Hundreds of years ago, their ancestors had begun the exodus fleeing from Scandinavia, the ancient homeland. It burned in the memories of every Norman, of the revenge that they will one day have when Scandinavia would be brought under the Norman foot. But now was not the time for idle wishes, it was a time for action.

They may have been driven away from Scandinavia, but they were never less the same people. Industrious, intelligent, and with a thirst for wealth they were, the Normans, and they were determined to make a name for themselves. Others of their breed, even some family members, had gone to the northern Alban wastes others had passed Normandy to the beyond.

Irrigation had begun, drawing water from the Siene River to use to bring water to farms father away. Large amounts of trees were cut down to be used as fishing boats, an army was raised to defend the country. Trade had begun with the natives more inland, “Franks.” The Franks of native Normandy had long been inter-married into the large amounts of fleeing Normans that had settled, land was beginning to get scarce as land plots were divided time after time with only one solution at hand. Primogeniture would be the way to go in Normandy for those that owned land.

As for the rest? Soldiers, merchants, and craftsmen they were to be.

19. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

Country name North Indian Empire
    Ruler: Arjuna \ Kentharu
    Government: Monarchy
    Religion:Early Hinduism
    Economy: poor
    Army: 200 Spearmen (normal), 350 Archers (normal), 150 Chariots (normal)
    Navy: 30 Galleys
    Culture:Average
    Education: Dumb
    Confidence:Tolerating

Notes: this is my first NES so forgive some of my ignorance also could i get a redish color? if not black will be fine and am i to late to join? i hope not but oh well :rolleyes:
    (also this part of India im refering to started along the Ganges river by the coast)

20. Israelite9191

Israelite9191 You should be reading

Can we build projects/wonders? And if so, can we start for the first update?