Still no news of the SDK after 3 months: I'm taking a break

Or the "First Man on Mars" patch, for all we know.

I've quit until then as well. No point fighting with the thing at this point.

No dates or anything, but they did mention it on the livestream last week, so I guess it's safe to say it is coming. Still sucks that it takes so long though.

bah, let it rot. I hope firaxis goes chapter 11 just like maxis.

I'm not investing another penny into this franchise until Firaxis/2K makes good with the modding community. So if they are expecting me to lap up their DLC content, they are sorely mistaken. After the difficulty to mod CiV, coupled with the horrendous release of BE, I am already kicking myself for being duped into even buying CiV VI. That won't happen again. Fool me once....

I agree with many of you here. Nevermind the DLC's. I will not buy the Civ 6 game until the SDK AND source code are released. I have never liked the original Civ series vanilla games. So restrictive in their timeline and technology, keeping it to the shallow past and present. Call To Power on the other hand was right up my alley.

Haven't bought anything civ6 and wont until i hear right here that the game is highly moddable....
Spoiler :
then will have to relearn blender:hammer2::hammer2:

Let's hope that next WE will be a modding WE...

Can't wait to finally hear the voice of a banana!

I am encouraged but not going to get my hopes up. I've got a raft on new models ready for the second we have the ability to make new units. Until then, I'll keep tinkering with Civ5.

What does "WE" mean?

Interesting times lies ahead. Now we'll see whether modding support revitalizes the playerbase, oder whether Civ5 stays king and Civ VI continues its slow decline.

My bets are on Civ5 though.

I like how this post can refer to Civ 4 and Civ 5 as well, with just a simple number swap.
Not sure if I like but yeah, I agree.

Would prefer if the game takes off before big DLC is added though. :D

Interesting times lies ahead. Now we'll see whether modding support revitalizes the playerbase, oder whether Civ5 stays king and Civ VI continues its slow decline.

My bets are on Civ5 though.

I really hope it's going to be Civ6. There may be things in the game that aren't good right now, but things like districts and the double tech tree (I just realized; this probably means you can add a third for a fantasy theme that uses magic, which makes it just that more awesome) make this de facto the best Civilization game for me.

PS I'm on-and-off working on a changelist for a complete district overhaul (which will also kinda triple the overall amount of districts) so I might start working on a mod like that to explore the districts much more myself. Who knows...

Top Bottom