• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Stories from the War on Christmas - 2015

JollyRoger

Slippin' Jimmy
Supporter

On Sunday, Starbucks released its annual red cup, a container that represents the “official” start of the holiday season for a cult of caffeine addicts.

But this year, something is missing. Gone are the snowflakes, the swirls, the vintage ornaments and inspirational quotes that have traditionally adorned the tall, grande and venti cups holding your peppermint mocha and chestnut praline lattes.

This year’s cup has a minimalist design that features subtle shades of red and the Starbucks logo.

According to Starbucks’ website, it was designed to “give people a piece of calm.”

"Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays," Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks’ vice president of design, said in a statement. "We're embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it."

But some fans have taken to social media to complain that this year’s red cup lacks festive cheer.

An article posted to Breitbart London even called the plain red cups part of the “War on Christmas.”

“This is a denial of historical reality and the great Christian heritage behind the American Dream that has so benefitted Starbucks," wrote Andrea Williams of the U.K.'s Christian Concern.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/11/06/starbucks-redcup-christmas/

I think these cups are atrocious. They don't even have the phrase "Happy Holidays". Pick a side Starbucks.

The pub I drink in has had a Christmas tree up since September:D

After the November 2nd assault on Fort Holiday failed, the seventh infantry division spearheaded by the three kings and bodyguard support units reinforced their beachead. At dusk on November 8th, St. Nicholas launched an attack spearheaded by the 54th Massachusetts Infantry, an elf regiment. The unit’s colonel, Chipper Tippytoes, was killed. Members of the brigade scaled the parapet but after brutal hand-to-hand combat were driven out with heavy casualties. Two Traditionalist divisions arrived unexpectedly from the east after lunch and resorted to siege operations to reduce the fort. This was the fourth time in the war that elf troops played a crucial combat role, proving to skeptics that they would fight bravely if only given the chance.

You've made that story up!

It wasn't Colonel Chipper Tippytoes who was killed at all. It was RSM Crispy Tippytoes.

Honestly, this is hopeless.

I suspect that war on Christmas is a futile effort.

Christmas seems to have a suicide pact with Thanksgiving, New Year, Hanukkah, and that messy business in Mecca.

You've made that story up!

It wasn't Colonel Chipper Tippytoes who was killed at all. It was RSM Crispy Tippytoes.

Honestly, this is hopeless.

No its Colonel Shaw

I really enjoy the irony that the war against Christmas has expanded beyond the confines of late November into the very beginning of the month. Despite the apparent best efforts by the godless coalition, Christmas has only continued to gain more and more ground.

I went to the store and the cashier said "Happy Holidays."

... my God, when did America become 1930's Nazi Germany?

Obama is the Antichrist ! :mad:

Some Christians Are Extremely Unhappy About Starbucks' New Holiday Cups

“This is a denial of historical reality and the great Christian heritage behind the American Dream that has so benefitted Starbucks,” Andrea Williams of the U.K.-based organization Christian Concern told Breitbart. “This also denies the hope of Jesus Christ and His story so powerfully at this time of year.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...30715b15?section=australia&adsSiteOverride=au

Seriously, those cups should be purple.

Starbucks cups had what on them before?

Who notices these things?

My favorite part of this is the guy who is "fighting back" against the injustice...by patronizing the business, but making the presumably Christian employees write "Merry Christmas" as their given name on the cup.

Voice your displeasure by giving the business money. Fantastic strategy that.

I say we start saying our names are Harry Christmas.

Has anyone used a "coffee name?" That's a name that one uses when asked at Starbucks so they don't make fools of themselves mispronouncing yours.

I tried it. My name isn't the easiest for whatever reason; it isn't exactly an uncommon name, but people get it wrong all the time. I tried using "JR" but that was even more difficult. Don't people watch Dallas anymore?

I didn't realize how important snowflakes were to the narrative of Jesus.

I say we start saying our names are Harry Christmas.

Has anyone used a "coffee name?" That's a name that one uses when asked at Starbucks so they don't make fools of themselves mispronouncing yours.

I tried it. My name isn't the easiest for whatever reason; it isn't exactly an uncommon name, but people get it wrong all the time. I tried using "JR" but that was even more difficult. Don't people watch Dallas anymore?

The employees should just yell out "I have a nonfat latte with extra foam for Mary"

According to Starbucks’ website, it was designed to “give people a piece of calm.”

What better way to give people a piece of calm then to pump them full of caffeine?

Top Bottom