Succession game - The glorious Persians

Originally posted by jc011
*sniff* , do i smell some evil plotting!! :D HEHEHE, well, I guess I can take the Offensive route this time around! Can't wait!

So, we take out the Babylonians first?

Well, kelper, gets to start with building another barracks and an Immortal :) In this case, I don't think we have a choice. Babylon must DIE:satan:

One thing we don't need more of - workers. They can fight a war.

The more the merrier! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Game LK1 - is FULL No more request for this game please.

However, LK2 is up and going. I am also starting LK3. Once I get an answer from JoeSpaniel, these games will get going.

Games #2 and #3 are being set up.

I was thinking of doing even more beyond, but I think Thunderfall would need to set up a seperate subject for this to work. I would like a bit more control to make this work.

Order bump!

JC011 - Please go!

Kelper - Let me know if you still are interested.

I want the next post from JC011. I want to get the game going again.

Alright! I've got the game and I'm starting right now! :D

Alrighty!! I have done my 20 turns, and I am proud to say, 3 Immortals should be on the way! :D

Alright, Jc takes reign after Skidiwili

1. Susa worker goes and helps out with roads. Persepolis worker mines the gems and the warriors go on some exploring and one spots and encampment.

2. More exploration

3. Road to iron is started and the Japanese are discovered!

4. Warrior is lost to a barbarian horseman. Contacted the Japanese (annoyed). They are high in culture and have communications with the French and tech (writing).
Writing is bought for 24 gold
Contact with French 6 gold! WOW!

I look at the science rate at 10%, which is not moving!! I immediately swith to 20% for polytheism.

5. Iron road is finished... IMMORTALS!! :D Arbela produces spearmen.

6. More work and a good spot is found and roads under way.

7. Road to food square is started.

8. The spot is taken by the Romans! :mad: , alternative spot is found.

9. Roads started

10. Japanese territory is spotted.

11. Warrior moves into place for new city and more workers are coming to the aid.

12. Mining Pasargadae hills

13. Germany is annoyed and wants 12 gold. I will give this time ( we make 10 gold per turn anyway )

14. Settler in Pasargadae is completed and Immortals have been started!

15. Zulu contacts us and wants 60 gold for map making... I agree!

16. Persepolis builds temple and starts Immortal! Susa settler finishes and temple is started. Settler finds a nice spot to go for.

17. More work...

18. Bablyon contacts us and we trade world maps... Much is seen now. Antioch is founded and goes for a temple.

19. More work... Tarsus is found and starts temple.

20. Spearman is built in Arbela and Immortals started. Spearman heads for Tarsus. Warrior is trapped!!!

Okay, I think we are doing pretty good, our culture is slacking though!!! We need more temples, our science is adequate I guess. Move the spearman over into Tarsus, or Tarsus will be undefended. I expanded quite a bit, two cities, but I think we are out of room almost... Keep up the good work.

Up next - kelper

Bad news - We can't even try for the pyramids :( So much for my favorite early game wonder.

We know 7 of the 8 civs. Doing great in the contact deparment.

The big decision for kelper. Barracks, where and how many. Veteran troops are so much nicer.

Good news - Immortals.

Kelper - where are you? I will give you a PM to see.

If Kelper is a no show, would someone like his position?

Lee

It is over 72 hours, kelper is OUT

Searching for a replacement. If I can't find one by tomorrow, I will start the next round for Persia.

Belisarius,

Download the game and move. Make sure you have read what is happening so far.

Lee

Here is the further history of the Persians.

925BC (0) We have 6 cities, 306 gold (+12 per turn) and Science is 20% (16 turns) to Polytheism. Establish an Embassy with Babylon for 28 gold. Babylon is building Pyramids and should finish in 46 turns. Garrison is 2 Spearmen. We agree a mutual Right of Passage with the Babylonians and gain the last 6 gold in their treasury. Change Pasargadae, Susa, Arbela, Antioch and Tarsus to building Granaries.

900BC (1) Move Spearman towards Tarsus. Warrior continues exploring and moves towards Indian territory.

875BC (2) Tarsus is ransacked by Bantu for 49 gold. Persepolis completes Immortal which heads towards Susa. Two Workers start irrigating floodplain between Arbela and Antioch. Spearman arrives in Tarsus to garrison city.

850BC (3) Floodplain irrigated. Workers move south to repeat.

825BC (4) Immortal moves towards Tarsus.

800BC (5) Worker completes road linking Pasargadae and Antioch.

775BC (6) The Indians call and we swap maps. We buy Philosophy and Literature from Zulus for 125 gold. We swap both plus 25 gold to the Indians for Code of Laws. We sell Literature and Philosophy to Japan for 44 gold. We sell Code of Laws to the Germans for 30 gold. Rush build Granary in Pasargadae at a cost of 1 pop.

750BC (7) Immortal arrives at Tarsus. Persepolis completes second Immortal which also heads for Tarsus.

730BC (8) Workers complete road to Tarsus.

710BC (9) Warrior explores west edge of Indian land.

690BC (10) Zulus setup embassy in our capital city. Rush build Granary in Arbela for 1 pop. Swap territory maps with Indians. We swap 35 gold and world map to Zulus for contact with Chinese. We sell Code of Laws, Literature and World Map to Chinese for 49 gold plus maps. Swap territory maps with French. Swap maps with Germans and also gain 20 gold. Sell contact with Chinese to Babylonians for 25 gold and their maps. Reduce Science to 10% (6 turns). Rush build Granary in Susa for 1 pop.

670BC (11) Arbela completes Granary. Immortal arrives at Tarsus. Irrigate floodplain near Susa.

650BC (12) Persepolis completes third Immortal which heads for Tarsus.

630BC (13) Workers start road to link Tarsus to Nineveh. Irrigate second floodplain near Susa.

610BC (14) Rush build barracks in Susa for 1 pop.

590BC (15) Worker moved to irrigate floodplain near capital. Bought Mathematics from Chinese for 12 gold and world map. Swap territory maps with Indians, Germans, French, Babylon and Zulus. Sell Mathematics to Japan for 15 gold.

570BC (16) Discover Polytheism and research Monarchy. Road completed to Nineveh. Irrigation completed near Persepolis. Rush build Immortal in Susa for 1 pop. Rush build Granary in Tarsus for 1 pop. Sell Polytheism to Japan for 10 gold plus maps. Sell to Germany for 100 gold, India for 90 gold and to China for 18 gold plus 1 gold per turn.

550BC (17) Workers start road to Babylon.

530BC (18) Persepolis completes Immortal. Road completed to Babylon. Rush build Immortal in Susa. Rush build Temple in Pasargadae for 1 pop.

510BC (19) Rush build Barracks in Tarsus for 1 pop.

490BC (20) Rush build Immortal in Susa for 1 pop and rush build Granary in Antioch for 1 pop. The Right of Passage treaty with Babylon is now 20 turns old so it can be cancelled anytime. We have a reliable flow of veteran Immortals from the 3 Barrack cities with pop rushing. The next player can plan the war with Babylon. Good luck.

Hello my fellow Despots, pleasure to meet you. I believe I am next up in this menagerie after bouncing a few emails back and forth with Lkendter, I'll try to do us proud.

Since it seems the Babylonians must die, then die they must. I will try to get enough troops massed near the border so that when we cancel the Right of Passage we can march right in and lay claim to key cities...if for some reason I don't start the war on my series make sure to cancel the RoP before sending troops into his territory...I have found that it is probably the single most AI-Hated thing to do, attacking someone while you have a RoP treaty with them will cause all of the other AI's to look at us like the chumps we would be...

If we do end up in a war with Babylon I will probably try to get a few elite Immortals by attacking any random units before attacking their cities...I find that the chance for a GL goes up signifigantly with elite CSUs when the win a battle and conquer a city. I figure with a couple of Elite Immortals, a dash of luck, and a few well timed battles perhaps I'll be able to hand over the empire with the great Darius! Though I might turn him into an army, since Immortals are solid attackers until the advent of nationalism/military tradition, and we might get extremely lucky and pick up a few more leaders...plus the possibility of forming armies once we build the military academy is a good thing...

Malys Faisent, evil dictator from the badlands of Gehenna taking the reigns...

As most of you already know, I will be preoccupied with work for the forseeable future, and can no longer participate with any certainty. Thus I have to drop myself from the game.

Good luck, youre going to need it with so many civs on that map!:lol:

I will not be replacing JoeSpaniel in this one. It is at the 5 players I prefer.

After 380 years of war, the reign of Malys the Terrible has come to and end. The people of Persian rejoice, as his rule was filled with hardship and many whip-cracks forcing them to complete Immortals, Temples, and Libraries to further the ruthless aims of their leader and his desire for dominion over the Babylonians. Our Golden Age has almost passed, but our empire's size has increased dramatically as well as our population! Our population has risen from 421,000 souls to 1,268,000 souls and our dominion has claimed 12,100 square miles, to a total of 20,700. The question will be if the reign of Malys increased our dominion too rapidly so that we were ripe for pludering by other nations.

I leave the next leader with many elite Immortals, but no great leader appeared during my reign, perhaps too frightened that I would force him into constructing a Forbidden Palace for me and my captured harem. The next leader is left with a moral delimma, either to destroy the remnants of the Babylonians in the frozen south, or to grant them peace, personally Malys Faisent wishes them put to the sword so that we can turn our forces to the Germans. Also though our military was very victorious, we have few troops compared to the number of cities we now control, our neighbors (especially those accursed Germans!) grow increasingly cautious and annoyed with us perhaps because we lack enough troops to hold this empire that I have forged. After about 120 years of troop production, I begin cultural works in the older cities forcing them to create libraries. I also have forced the cities that we have captured to produce units and libraries, adopting our written word to keep them from reverting back to the Babylonian ways of thought.

A brief time-line follows:

490 BC. Examine the way the empire was handed to me and contact leaders of the other empires.
470 BC. Antioch finishes a granary, our diplomats investigate Ninevah and determine it ripe for the taking---only one defender, we crack the whip over workers in Arbela and produce a temple. The war with Babylon starts after we break the MPP pact diplomatically and our negotiations of peace are met with ridicule from the Babylonians who did not seriously consider I might attack them.
450 BC. Arbela completes temple and we slay an advancing warrior, triggering our Golden Age, Ninevah falls to our troops.
430 BC. Pasargadea finishes a worker and begins a library, Susa, Antioch, and Arbela rush Immortals, no new technology on the market
410 BC. Susa, Antioch, and Arbela finish Immortals, Pasargadea fends off an attack from Babylonian forces that had been at our northern border.
390 BC. The people shower us with acclaim and improve our Palace, I select a better grounds for the marching of our troops, the road to Ur is completed, we kill several Bowmen showing how our troops are far superior to the wimpy Babylonians.
370 BC. Ur falls to our immortals, we retreat from Babylon to heal our troops, Germany threatens us for our Map and 16 gold, we comply nursing our ego and plan their demise in a few centuries.
350 BC. Lagash falls, our first elite immortal appears
330 BC. Lagash linked to our empire, a huge wave of barbarians issues forth and lays waste to Lagash, we loose 200 Gold to their pillaging, it is the darkest day of the reign of Malys I
310 BC. Persopolis builds spearman for defense, our workers bring horses into our empire.
290 BC. Pasargadea finishes a library, Ninevah and Lagash hurry libraries, the attack on Akkad fails, but the Babylonian capitol falls to thousands of our Immortals.
270 BC. Libraries finished in Ninevah and Lagash, consolidate our gains in Babylon.
250 BC. Move some of our force towards Uruk and Akkad
230 BC. An immortal commander receives strange orders and attacks a Bowman across a river that is concealed in woods, though the attack was unplanned (heh, I hit the wrong key) he wins!
210 BC. Resistance in Babylon ends, we rush a spearman to completion there and advance on Ellipi
190 BC. Trade maps with the Zulus, begin Library in Babylon
170 BC. (The Year of Wonder) Start the Great Library in Persepolis, communicate with our neighboring empires and find that they are very advanced technologically! We trade our map and 50 gold to France for Construction, and trade our map and 110 gold to China for Currency...triggering our advance into the Middle Ages! We learn Monotheism instantly and trade it to Chinese for Republic and 140 gold, to the Zulu for 213 gold and to Indian for their map, 80 gold, and 4 gold/turn, the Germans already have Monotheism, so we beat them to the punch by trading it first
150 BC. Library in Arbela, 3 Immortals become elite! Uruk and Ellipi both fall to our forces
130 BC. Manuevering our forces to destroy the few Babylonians left.
110 BC. Samarra falls to our elite immortals
90 BC. Antioch builds a library...in a diplomatic coup, Malys I Despot of Persian is relived of command.

The Babylonians have 3 cities left, no matter what I would take Akkad, which would give us dominance from sea to sea...perhaps at that point we could sue for peace and get the other Babylonian city for peace and leave them with one frozen city in the south. We do need the Forbidden Palace, I am afraid that I've conquered enough so quickly that our corruption is outpacing our ability to control it. I wouldn't recommend a government switch until we crack the whip enough to rushbuild a temple, library, and perhaps even a courthouse and marketplace in our towns...and I think we should improve our defensive military...but I leave this all up to the next leader...enjoy!

OUCH! Looking over the map, and Germany forms Cologne by our Capital. Our culture isn't to bad, but we do need more. Persia is stretched to its limits here.

90 BC - We take over, and make a couple of adjustments. We push barracks for crack troops. Decision is Susa will be whipped to death to get us more troops.

70 BC - We send workers to the Gems / Incense that do not have roads. At some point we will need money, and luxuries help big time. Decision is made on Babylon. Akkad must fall. I want that single grape for us. Plus furs by Ashur / Eridu. Now if we can get a great leader, forbidden palace in Babylon.

30 BC - Akkad falls. I start a library. I want to border to expand to the grapes. You can never have enough luxuries :)

10 AD - Ashur falls. A couple of free workers come with it. I start a library, so that our borders will expand to the furs.

70 AD - Lost the race for the Great Library. Switch to Hanging Gardens.

90 AD - Everybody trying to cross our borders. Somebody must have traded world maps :mad

110 AD - We miss hanging gardens also :(

130 AD - Well this blows! Have to switch to cathedral in Persepolis. Blasted Indian drops a city by the block of game forest area.

150 AD - We raze Eridu. End of Babylon. Some good news for us.

Goals -

1 - Get the harbor in Uruk finished as soon as you can whip it into being. This might allow us to start selling our excess gems / incense. I have had the computer give a me tech more then once for a luxury.

2 - The coliseum in Persolopis is to get a jump on Sun Tzu's Academy.

3 - The forbidden palace in Pasargrade is to get a jump on Sistine Chapel. Zululand is very vulnerable to culture flips. This would be a great spot!

4 - Concentrate workers to improve Pasargrade / Persolopis. Sun Tzu could be critical this game.

5 - Keep whipping units out of Susa. I think we need to stay in Despotism.

6 - Keep the forest by the grapes occupied. This would be a valid city spot. We can't afford to lose the grapes. We will eventually culture expand to this spot. Maybe we should build a city here?

Up next - Skidiwili I know Skidiwili is a developer. We still need some development turns. You can cut back to 15 turns if you want. This is getting to be a lot of work. We are still not that strong in the military department.

Crack the whip like crazy for culture items. We need border locks. Good luck, I would like a Persian build wonder ;)

EDIT: Out of date attachment deleted.

Yeah, Germany demanded our map and some gold about 4 turns into the war with Babylon, I felt that it was better to risk giving it to him than to risk having a two-front war. I generally am not bothered by nations building cities around me, I usually either take them by force or by culture in the long run. I'll try to clean up any advances on my next turn at the helm...:soldier:

Top Bottom