Succession game - The glorious Persians

Waiting on jc011 - 24 hours

Waiting on jc011 - 48 hours

jc011 is over 70 hours

Skipping to Belisarius

Originally posted by Belisarius

OK. I will start playing today. Expect more War!!!

Well, we do need a little time to consolidate our gains. Hint, hint...

Our cities still need to build up some defense. On the other hand, setting up for the next war is a done deal:D

It looks like another game ending in military victory.:sad:
That seems to becoming a trend with succession games. I think I will have to start a game the can't be played to military for something different.

Can I be the only player who likes a devlopement game with culture or spacerace wins. :crazyeyes

Waiting on Belisarius, 24 hours.
He has shown interest, hopefully a post soon :)

I'll be away till wednesday, so if my turn comes, skip me. This is just a skipping. I'm not dropping the game.

Merry Christmas to everybody.

Lee if you are hard pressed send the save to me and I'll do the next turn :D

BAkittenOFchaos@aol.com

I have been in many civ2 succession games and know how they can stagnate!

The Final Victory.

1505AD (1) Domestic Advisor reports 44 cities. City income is 1,297 (-511 corruption). Other civs give 40 gold per turn. Science is 70% (5 turns to Replaceable Parts). Government is Republic. Decide to bite the bullet and change to Democracy to see its effects on corruption. This will take 8 turns of anarchy!

Military Advisor reports 15 Pikeman, 2 Musketman, 27 Rifleman, 25 Cavalry, 6 Cannon and 6 Immortals. Also 21 Persian Workers plus 36 captured Workers. Available Leader Darius. This is a very strong force. We could do with a few more Workers.

The Foreign Advisor reports the Chinese are polite, the Indians annoyed and the Germans and Japanese furious with us. We need to up our income from other Civs. Sell Steam Power to Chinese for Free Artistry, maps and 90 gold per turn. Raise price of Dyes to 16 gold per turn and Incense to 15 gold per turn. Sell Steam Power to Indians for 40 gold plus 34 gold per turn plus world map. We cancel existing trades with Germans and trade Gem for 1 gold per turn and maps. We sell Germans Steam Power for 40 gold plus 9 gold per turn. We sell Japanese Steam Power for 220 gold plus 2 gold per turn and maps.

1510AD (2) Concentrate Cavalry in Pasargadae as Strategic Reserve. Some of our Workers are on their own doing jobs that will take several turns to complete. As they become available I will organise them into teams to finish jobs in 1 turn. This kind of micromanagement takes a lot of time but pays of big time.

1515AD (3) Upgrade Pikeman to Rifleman for 100 gold. Upgrade Musketman to Rifleman for 40 gold. The Germans remove their Cavalry on our orders. We then order Japanese Cavalry to leave our territory and they declare War!! This is what I have been hoping for. We bombard their Cavalry near Lahore and kill it with an elite Immortal and kill 1 Cavalry near Heidelberg with an elite Cavalry.

We trade Medicine to Indians for maps and 2 Workers. The Indians are too week from their last war with the Japanese to fight them again but do have an embargo against them. We give the Chinese Medicine and 600 gold for an Alliance against the Japanese.

A vet Cavalry attacks Kolhapur, defeats the lone defending Cavalry and occupies the city. We attack Kagoshima to the east with 7 vet Cavalry and capture it and promote 1 Cavalry to elite. Our Cavalry captures 3 Japanese Workers. The former Indian city of Kolhapur that had been captured by the Japanese does not resist our liberation. The Japanese city of Kagoshima does resist. I find that if you use entertainers to eliminate unhappy people and put in at least the same number of units as people in a captured city this eliminates most resistance. If you have superior culture and build a Library in a captured city you do not have many revolts and defections back to the enemy. I try not to have too large a garrison once resistance has ended so that a sudden defection does not cost too many units.

1520AD (4) Chinese complete Magellan's Voyage Wonder. We persuade the Germans to join the Alliance vs the Japanese in exchange for Medicine plus Coal, Saltpeter, Dyes, Incense, Furs and Wines. The Chinese and Germans are fighting with us against the Japanese while the Indians have an embargo against them. With few defensive worries we can press the attack against the Japanese.

The capture of the 2 cities last turn means we can now attack and capture Osaka with Sun Tzu's Art of War and Leo's Workshop!!! Upgrade 2 Pikemen to Riflemen for 50 gold each.

We need time to link our 3 captured cities into our Railroad network so start 8 Cavalry on a flanking move west between two Indian cities to liberate Delhi from Japanese.

1525AD (5) We attack Delhi with 3 Cavalry and capture it with the Hanging Gardens and the Sistene Chapel!!! Cavalry capture 2 Japanese Workers nearby. Railroad completed to Kagoshima. When the Railroad reaches Osaka we will be able to resume the attack on the main eastern front.

1530AD (6) We complete railroads to Cologne in our home area and more importantly to Osaka on the eastern front.

An elite Cavalry captures Japanese occupied Bombay on the west front with the Great Lighthouse and the Colossus. Since Japanese resistance is week another elite Cavalry attacks and liberates Karachi.

On the eastern front an attack by 2 Cavalry captures Nagoya. We attack and capture Edo with 3 Cavalry.

1535AD (7) Temporary pause in attacks in order to redeploy and build linking Railroads. The shortage of Worker teams is holding the whole attack back. The Chinese have captured the small city of Jaipur from the Japanese.

1540AD (8) Sell maps to Germans for 55 gold. On the eastern front Kyoto is captured by 3 Cavalry and we gain the Oracle!!!

1545AD (9) Government now a Democracy. Cities give 1,561 gold (-695 corruption). Set Science to 80% (4 turns to Replaceable Parts). Other Civs give 160 gold. Treasury of 1,744 gold and net income per turn is 114 gold. Democracy does not seem to reduce corruption much compared to Republic?!

Rush build Library in Bremen for 112 gold, Unfolozi for 92 gold, Tugela for 96 gold and Intombe for 120 gold. Rush Rifleman in Samaria for 308 gold.

Completed Railroads to Edo and Kyoto. We should now be able to break the back of the Japanese.

A vet Cavalry captures Satsuma and we also gain 1 Worker nearby. A Cannon and 2 Cavalry clear path to Tokyo. An attack by 3 more Cavalry captures Tokyo. Orleans is captured by 2 Cavalry but 1 Cavalry is lost. Paris is captured by 4 Cavalry. The Japanese are down to their last city Nara. This is in the tundra to the north and will take time to reach.

1550AD (10) Revolt in Edo to Japanese and we lose 2 Cannon and 1 Immortal. We quickly recapture with 2 Cavalry. This delays the attack on the last Japanese city of Nara.

Rush build Libraries in Karachi, Bombay, Delhi, Kolhapur, Paris, Osaka and Kyoto for 156 gold each. Hurry Library in Tyre for 112 gold.

Arbella completes Factory. Complete Railroad to Tokyo, Orleans, Umfolozi and Bremen.

1555AD (11) Nineveh completes Factory. We complete Railroad to Satsuma and Tugela. Hurry Library in Kagoshima for 152 gold. Build more Railroads up to German border.

We attack last Japanese city of Nara in Tundra with 4 Cavalry but fail to take it and lose 1 Cavalry. There is no certainty with the Civ3 combat system and that is a good thing even when it hurts.

1560AD (12) Attack Nara again and this time 3 Cavalry capture it. The Japanese are destroyed!!!

The Chinese have 15 cities, the Indians 5 cities and the Germans 4 cities. We sell the Germans Sanitation for 27 gold plus 4 gold per turn. We trade everyone for maps. We gift India Sanitation and they go from furious to annoyed. The Chinese are polite and the Germans furious.

Complete Railroad to Kolhapur and Nara. Hurry Library in Satsuma for 148 gold.

Income from cities 1,679 gold (-791 corruption). Use Great Leader Darius to rush Palace in Kagoshima. We will see how that effects corruption.

1565AD (13) Discover Replaceable Parts and research Atomic Theory. Umtata produces factory. Sidon completes Aqeduct.

Since we moved our Palace income from cities is now 1,739 gold (-574 corruption). Lower Science to 50% (8 turns to Atomic Theory). This is saving over 200 gold corruption per turn.

Upgrade 3 Cannon to Artillery for 40 gold each. Cleared Pollution near Persepolis and Lagash. Complete Railroad to Elipi, Nagoya, Karachi, Bombay and Delhi. We now have our Worker teams in high gear. Settler from Nineveh builds city of Oasis. This will help our eventual attack on the Indians. We have had a turn of peace so now time to fight the Germans again for the 3rd and final time. Build Railroads right up to German border.

1570AD (14) Lagash completes Iron Works. We also complete several Workers and our Cultural borders expand. Upgrade Cannon to Artillery for 40 gold. Hurry Library in Tokyo for 128 gold, Orleans for 136 gold and Nara for 100 gold. Completed Railroad to Uruk and Ashur.

Force Germans to withdraw their troops and then declare war. With any luck we will capture all 4 German cities in one turn. A vet Cavalry kills German Pikeman and captures 2 Workers. We attack Hamburg with 3 Artillery and destroy Barracks and 1 pop. Artillery seems pretty useless!! We continue attack with 4 Cavalry and capture Berlin. We also capture a German Worker nearby. We then complete Railroad to Hamburg. Munich is captured by 3 Cavalry and 1 is promoted to elite. The Railroad is extended to Munich. Frankfurt is captured by 1 Cavalry as is a nearby Worker. The Railroad is now extended to Frankfurt. The last German city Bonn is captured by 1 Cavalry and also linked to Railroad. The Germans are destroyed!!!

The Chinese have sneaked in a coastal city Kaifeng west of Satsuma.

1575AD (15) Ulundi completes Factory. A turn of peace while we regroup our Cavalry. Our Workers also link up some Rubber.

1580AD (16) Pasargadae completes Wall Street. Paris and Karachi complete Workers. Lagash completes Courthouse.

Lets see if we can capture all 5 Indian cities in one turn. We declare war on the Indians and 6 Cavalry capture Madras and Shakespeare's Theater. Calcutta is captured by 2 Cavalry. Bengal is captured by 2 Cavalry. Hyderabad is captured by 1 Cavalry. An Indian Worker is captured nearby. The last Indian city Chittagong is captured by 1 Cavalry. All former Indian cities are linked into the Railroad network. Only the Chinese Civ is left now.

1585AD (17) We achieve a Domination Victory!!! I will attach the 1580AD save.

PS Merry Xmas everyone.

Well I am in shock.:eek: I didn't think it would end that soon. Of course, I did stack the calvary on the railnet planing on another war. I just would have not tried this soon. I did see domination on the horizon, and why Zululand was constructing culture buildings.

I knew this game would end with a military win. Somehow Persia seems to cause that ... a solo Persia game I played was also a military win. That one barely got into Industrial ages.

I am starting to feel that map type very much influence the science rates and type of wins. Single continents do tend toward military wins.

To the team - :goodjob:

I am now ready to start another one after the 1st of the year. I want to get past the holidays. They seem to be slowing down the last two games I am running.

Top Bottom