Succession game - The glorious Persians

650AD (1) Start with 646 gold. Tax 60% (income 187/175 expenses). We have 17 cities. Also have 3 Horse, 2 Iron, 1 Wine, 1 Fur, 4 Incense, 1 Spice and 3 Gem resources.

Trade Incense and Gems to Indians for 16 gold per turn. Trade Incense to China for 9 gold per turn. Gain Right of Passage and 6 gold per turn from Zulus. Sell Iron to French for 104 gold, world map and 12 gold per turn. Sell Incense to Japan for 13 gold and 6 gold per turn. Trade Gems to Germany for 18 gold and 6 gold per turn. This gives total 55 gold per turn from other civs.

Change Science down to 10% (32 turns). Tax is 90% (income 233/130 expenses) for net gain +103 gold.

Set all cities without them to building Marketplaces to get extra 50% gold and 4 happy. Tarsus set to build Cathedral to deal with its happiness problem from previous pop rushing. Antioch set to build Knight which I rush build for 256 gold. Persepolis continues Sistene Chapel.

Start 4 Immortals moving south to Babylon to prepare for attack on Stuttgart. Rest of Immortals to concentrate on Persepolis.

660AD (2) Our cultural borders expand. Immortals continue movement and Knight heads south to Babylon.

670AD (3) Japanese buy our World map for 3 gold and both their maps.

680AD (4) Rush build Marketplace in Susa for 156 gold as we currently need 3 Entertainers.

690AD (5) Susa starts building Cathedral as still unhappiness problems. At peoples request we upgrade Palace with Spires and Trees.

Sell world map to Chinese for 23 gold. We buy Engineering from Zulus for 230 gold, Education plus map swap. We sell Engineering to China for 88 gold plus 12 gold per turn. Sell to Indians for 180 gold plus 4 gold per turn. Sell to Germans for 30 gold plus 8 gold per turn and their maps. Sell to Japs for 19 gold and 3 gold per turn plus maps. Sell to France for 20 gold and 2 gold per turn. Sell Chivalry to Zulus for 45 gold.

Hurry Marketplace in Arbela for 212 gold. Hurry Knight in Antioch for 208 gold.

700AD (6) Immortals are positioned near Stuttgart and Cologne. Ur completes Marketplace and starts Knight.

710AD (7) Zulus visit and we swap maps. Pasargadae completes Marketplace and starts Knight. Lagash completes Barracks and starts Knight. Hurry Knight in Ur for 264 gold and in Antioch for 252 gold.

720AD (8) The People expand the Palace again with a new wing. The force of 4 Immortal and a Knight near Stuttgart seem to have help it decide to defect to us. Start moving force towards Cologne. Start Library in Stuttgart. Hurry Knight in Lagash for 248 gold. Establish embassy with Germans for 56 gold. Spy on Cologne for 25 gold. It has a garrison of 2 Spearmen and 1 Warrior and is building a Catapult. It only has a Library.

730AD (9) Hurry Library in Stuttgart for 156 gold. Start moving Immortals near Cologne towards Nuremberg. We buy Printing press from French for 200 gold plus 1 gold per turn, maps and Education. Sell Printing Press to China for 9 gold plus 1 per turn. Sell to Indians for 20 gold plus 11 gold per turn. Sell to Germans for 20 gold plus 6 gold per turn. Sell to Zulus for 10 gold plus 5 gold per turn.

740AD (10) Immortals busy moving north. Swap maps with Germans and China. Gordium completes Marketplace and starts Temple. Umtata completes Marketplace and starts Library.

750AD (11) Force of 8 Immortals arrives at Jungle near Nuremberg. Babylon produces Marketplace and starts Warrior.

760AD (12) Complete Knight in Pasargadae and start another. Spy on Nuremberg for 56 gold and see 1 Caravel, 1 Warrior, 2 Spearmen and 3 Workers. We buy Astronomy and Maps from Germany for 22 gold per turn. Sell Printing Press to Japs for 3 gold plus 2 gold per turn and maps. Sell Astronomy to French for 100 gold and 7 gold per turn plus maps. Sell Astronomy to French for 170 gold and 4 gold per turn plus maps.

The war starts against Germany with 2 Knights attacking and capturing Cologne while 2 other Knights kill German Warrior and Spearman outside Cologne. There is 1 resister in Cologne. We capture German Worker near Stuttgart.

770AD (13) Attack Nuremberg with 4 Immortals and lose 1 Elite Immortal and capture it and 3 gold. There are 2 resisters in Cologne and 3 Workers. Set remaining 3 people as entertainers. Knights from Cologne move towards Nuremberg.

Complete Warrior in Babylon and start Barracks. Rush build Worker in Cologne for 36 gold. We trade Gems, Astronomy, 460 gold plus 10 gold per turn and maps for Dyes and Alliance with Zulus against the Germans. The Zulus are gracious. Everyone else is polite with us except the Germans who are furious. Swap maps with China. Establish embassy with India for 72 gold. They have Banking but are unwilling to trade it. They will also complete SunTzu's in 2 turns at Delhi.

780AD (14) The Palace is upgraded with another wing. Rush build Aqeduct in Umtata for 312 gold. Rush build Settler in Gordium for 36 gold. Rush build Marketplace in Akkad for 152 gold. Rush build Worker in Nuremberg for 36 gold. German Knight kills Immortal in Nuremberg. One Immortal drives the Knight back and a second kills it. Upgrade Spearman to Pikeman in Persepolis for 20 gold and march it towards Nuremberg.

790AD (15) German Knight kills Immortal. We attack and force it back. Persian Knights finally reach Nuremberg.

800AD (16) German Knights attack and kill 2 Immortals for the lose of 1 Knight. Nineveh completes Marketplace and starts Warrior. Japs have completed Sun Tzu's. Indians switch and complete Sistene Chapel. One Immortal and 4 Knights attack Leipzig and kill 5 German units. Ouside the city we drive back 1German Knight and kill 1 Swordsman for the lose of 1 Immortal. Hurry Knight in Ur for 136 gold, Arbela for 120 gold, Susa for 44 gold and Lagash for 52 gold.

810AD (17) China completes Cope's. Pasargadae finishes Knight. Immortal kills last defender in Leipzig and we capture with 1 Catapult and 6 Workers. Leipzig has 8 resisters and we set the other 4 as entertainers. Persian Knight kills last German unit (Pikeman) between Nuremberg and Leipzig. Four Immortals and 4 Knights enter Leipzig to garrison it. We make peace with the Germans for 40 gold plus 32 gold per turn and their maps. Rush build Library in Nuremberg for 144 gold.

820AD (18) Persepolis builds University as no Wonders free after the mad scramble in the last couple of turns and it allready has Palace. Leipzig no longer has resistors. Set 4 entertainers to ensure We Love Day. Rush build Library in Leipzig for 144 gold. Build city of Bactra between Indian city of Chittagong and Jap city of Nagoya on east coast.

830AD (19) Rush build Library in Cologne for 120 gold. Rush build Settler in Akkad for 88 gold.

840AD (20) Build city of Sidon on west coast near Zulu border to protect Wines. Rush build Temple in Leipzig for 220 gold. Rush build Granary in Nuremberg for 224 gold.

End with 61 gold (-585), Tax 90% (income 452/226 expenses). Now have 23 cities (+6). Also have 3 Horse, 3 Iron (+1), 1 Wine, 1 Fur, 4 Incense, 1 Spice and 3 Gem resources.

The city of Bactra on the east coast needs to be linked by road. Most of our troops are in Leipzig or Nuremburg. Several trades are reaching the 20 turn limit and will need renegotiating. The only bad news is the failure to get the Sistene Chapel. With hindsight I should have just completed Sun Tzu's instead. I don't think it is a good idea to try and build any more Wonders in the capital. Perhaps in the future we can move the capital to former German land!! Good luck to the next player I am off to download the patch.

Edit to delete attachment

1 - Get the gems by Cologne connected to our road net. I am always greedy that way.

2 - Keep building culture. Maybe we can flip the other 3 cities in our rear.

3 - UP the science rate some. We can't afford to fall to behind.

Our only weakness is the world is annoyed with us. We need to improve our relationships.

Up next - Malys Faisent

Great the world is annoyed with us and I get to take over? Hopefully after the reign of Malys II, the second coming of terror there will still be a Persian! :)

Edit >>>

Why did you go per turn gold agreements with the Germans and then attack them? Doesn't this kill our rep?

Malys Faisent - Where are you?

72 hours are almost up. I will be moving at in 4 hours unless you post on this board before then.

Skidiwili - Skipped - needs to confirm interest. He dropped from other succession games.
up next - jc011

I would like to add one player to this, is someone is interested.

840AD and Lee the trader in back. Science upped to 90%, and invention in 4 turns. Relvolution time to switch to Republic.

850 AD - Switch Persolopis to knight. Why bother with granary in a size 11 city? Buy a French worker for $25. Our infastructure needs work. Cancel a right of Passage with Zululand. Overall, not much to do with trading.

900 AD - Japan and Indian go to war. Can this benefit us?

910 AD - Thanks to border expansion, we get spare wine to trade :)

920 AD - I establish the embassies we did not have. Susa is still hurting big time from the whipping it took.

950 AD - We know have at least a veteran pikeman per city. Switching back to infastructure building.

960 AD - Another gems come on-line. Trade it to Japan. Rush build a temple is Susa to end the unhappy problems.

970 AD - Rush build a temple in Nuremburg, for both happy and hope to culture flip those Zulu cities.

980 AD - Rush build library in Bactra, to hope to flip the Indian city.

990 AD - We have Saltpeter. Two sources, one from Leipzig. Concentrate workers by Lagash. Most of the hills / mountains are useable. I think this city can become a hugh production city in the future. Rush build temple in Sidon. Ngome can eventually get Saltpeter. This would be a hugh flip for us.

1020 AD - Bactra is on our road net. Leipzig is frozen for growth to keep the people happy, and avoid a possible culture flip.

1030 AD - I have started to upgrade the front line city troops to Musketman.

I play 20 turns, but you may play less.

Summary - This really sucks. Persia has not built ONE lousy wonder. I just had a bad feeling with were the capital was.

My efforts were on getting the quality of our military better. I killed all of the worthless warriors, mass built Pikeman, most of the cities are know defended by Veteran pikeman. I realize that gunpowder is close, but veteran pikeman much better than regular spearman.

The AI attitude toward us is much better. I micro-managed multiple cities to improve production.

Goals - Infastructure, more knights, upgrade to musket man, push culture near our borders with Nagoya, Chittagong, Izumo, and Zululand. I think we can get those cities to flip to us.

Out position looks quite strong. Those flood plain cities have enough food to start using the hill / mountains, and finally have some production.

EDIT: Out of date attachment deleted.

I will see if i can play, if not, i will have to skip.

Testing....cannot play, skip my turn. :(

Up next - Belisarius

>>>Looking for players. Post on this thread if interested.<<<

Sign me up.

Hobbes - Welcome aboard, back to 4 players :)

Persia looks strong this game. The only danger is if the whole world declares war on us at once. :suicide:

I have installed the new patch and am now ready to play again. I will download the save game and start playing tonight. I will see if we can grab some more cities from the Germans.

Lk, If you don't mind seeing me in every succession game your playing, I'm in.

I made you player #5.

This one has awhile to go. The good news, we are finally getting some good production cities.

Belisarius went over 72 hours and is skipped.

Up next - Hobbes Good luck, let's get the game moving again.

Sorry I had a bit of trouble getting finished so quickly with my turn coming so fast but here it is.

1040AD (0) Change Leipzig from Cathedral to Marketplace and rush build for 92 gold to speed up happiness improvement. Change Sidon from building Cathedral to Library to help speed culture pressure against Zulu city of Ngome. Change Antioch from Cathedral to Settler and rush build for 40 gold to establish new city near Ngome to grab control of Saltpetre. Change Persepolis to Settler. Change Susa to Worker.

Raise Science from 50% to 70% to gain Chemistry in 1 turn. Lux 0% and Tax 30%.

The Army has 6 Workers, 11 German Workers, 6 Babylonian Workers, 1 French Worker, 1 Barbarian Worker, 30 Pikemen, 4 Musketmen, 14 Knights, 1 Catapult and 7 Immortals. Total cost 62 gold per turn. Trade advisor reports 3 Horse, 2 Iron, 2 Saltpetre, 2 Wine, 1 Fur, 4 Incense, 1 Spice and 5 Gems. Currently trading 1 Iron (12 gold per turn) and 1 Gem (2 gold/ 8 turns) to French; 1 Incense to Chinese (7 gold/1 turn); 1 Gem to Zulu (5 gold/14 turns); 1 Wine, 1 Incense (16 gold per turn for both) and 1 Wine (8 gold/7 turns) to Indians; and 1 Incense (7 gold/1 turn) and 1 Gem (7 gold/12 turns) to Japanese.

Sell Music Theory to Chinese for 145 gold plus 8 gold per turn and maps. China is polite. Sell Music Theory to Zulus for 15 gold plus 8 gold per turn. Zulus are annoyed. Swap Music Theory, Gunpowder and 75 gold with Japanese for Banking and maps. Japan is annoyed. Sell Gunpowder to French for 4 gold plus 12 gold per turn. Raise price of Iron from 12 to 17 gold per turn. French are polite. Sell banking to Chinese for 18 gold per turn. Raise cost of Incense and Gems to Indians from 16 to 20 gold per turn. Indians are polite. Sell Banking to Germans for 75 gold plus 8 gold per turn and maps. Germans remain furious.

1050AD (1) France and Japan sign Military Alliance against India. France declares war on India.

Discover Chemistry and research Metallurgy. Raise Science to 70% (4 turns)

1060AD (2) Riots in Susa so set entertainer.

1070AD (3) Susa builds Worker. Leipzig expands culturally. Rush Granary in Leipzig for 184 gold. Raise cost of selling Incense to Chinese from 7 to 8 gold per turn. Give Banking to Zulus for 2 gold and world map to try and improve attitude but they are still annoyed even if also in awe of our culture.

1080AD (4) Worker built in Ur and Tarsus. Marketplace finished in Samarra. Build city of Tyre. Two Persian Worker join Leipzig.

1090AD (5) Discover Metallurgy and research Military Tradition. Swap maps with Zulus. Build city of Sardis west of Leipzig.

1100AD (6) Pasergadae, Tarsus and Leipzig build Workers. Antioch completes Settler.

Sell Chemistry to Japanese for 160 gold plus 16 gold per turn and swapped maps. Also increase cost of Incense to Japan from 7 to 11 gold per turn.

Sell Chemistry to French for 50 gold plus 10 gold per turn.

Sell Chemistry to Indians for 134 gold plus 3 gold per turn.

We swap maps with Germans and also gain 15 gold.

Raise Science to 90% (3 turns). Rush Marketplace in Nuremberg for 180 gold. Rush build Library in Tyre for 152 gold.

1110AD (7) Ur and Susa complete Workers. The Indian border with Germany has expanded and occupied the German Iron strategic resource. I plan to attack Germans as soon as I have upgraded my Knights to Cavalry.

1120AD (8) Babylon finishes Courthouse. Persepolis produces Settler. Leipzig and Samarra complete Workers. Umtata finishes Cathedral. Persian Worker joins Leipzig. Rush build Granary in Cologne for 16 gold.

1130AD (9) Discover Military Tradition and research Economics. Leipzig completes Worker. Rush build Barracks in Sardis for 128 gold. Continue clearing forest and bulding mines arround Pasargadae to speed up Leo's Workshop. Lower Science to 20% (16 turns) and raise Tax to 80%.

Trade Horses to Japanese for 6 gold per turn.

Raise price of Gems to French from 2 to 3 gold per turn. Raise price of Wines to Indians to 10 gold per turn. Swap maps with Germans.

1140AD (10) Lagash completes Cathedral and starts Bach's Cathedral. Upgrade 14 Knights to Cavalry for 280 gold.

1150AD (11) Niniveh produces Courthouse. Upgrade Catapult to Cannon for 40 gold. Upgrade Pikeman to Musketman for 60 gold. Upgrade last Knight to Cavalry for 20 gold. Rush build Library in Sardis for 152 gold.

1160AD (12) Arbela finishes Cathedral. Samarra produces Worker.

1170AD (13) Akkad completes Aqueduct. Increase Gem trade price to Japanese from 7 to 9 gold per turn.

We attack Heidelburg with 2 Cavalry and capture it and 11 gold. We attack Konigsberg with 2 Cavalry and capture it with 12 gold. We attack Berlin with 3 Cavalry and capture it with 12 gold. One Cavalry becomes elite. We attack Hannover with 4 Cavalry (1 dies) and capture it with 12 gold.

1180AD (14) Germans counter-attack and take Hannover (13 gold) and kill 2 Cavalry. Gordium completes Temple. Umtata produces Granary. Bactra finishes Temple. We lose 1 Cavalry taking Hannover again and 1 Cavalry becomes elite. Build city of Samaria near Zulu Dyes. Rush build Temple in Tyre for 168 gold and Library in Sidon for 84 gold to increase culture pressure on Zulus. Rush build Harbours in Stuttgart and Cologne. Rush build Cavalry in Sardis for 296 gold.

1190AD (15) Lose 1 Cavalry in counter-attack by Germans on Berlin.

1200AD (16) We buy Democracy from the Indians for Metallurgy and 80 gold. We sell Democracy to Japanese for Navigation. We sell them Metallurgy for 80 gold plus 20 gold per turn and maps. Sell Democracy to French for 30 gold plus 1 gold per turn. Sell Democracy to Zulu for 10 gold plus 3 gold per turn. Cancel gem trade with Zulu. Zulus are furious.

Rush Temple in Hannover for 232 gold and in Heidelburg for 228 gold. Rush Library in Samaria for 152 gold.

1210AD (17) Rush Temple in Konigsberg for 224 gold and Berlin for 232 gold. Rush Colosseum in Susa for 236 gold.

1220AD (18) Germans finally willing to make peace. Make peace with the Germans for 167 gold and their maps. Persepolis completes Bank.

1230AD (19) Japanese complete Leo's Workshop. We switch Pasargadae to Bach's. It will complete in 3 turns. Increase Science to 90% to ensure we have Economics next turn and so can switch to Smith's Trading Co. if required.

The Germans and Zulus are furious, the Japanese annoyed and the rest are polite to us. We trade Dyes to Germans for 1 gold per turn.

1240AD (20) Discover Economics and research Physics. Rush Library in Berlin for 244 gold.

We have 502 gold left. We should finish our first Wonder in Pasargadae in a couple of turns. I have also started a Palace in Lagash as a place holder for our next Wonder. The Courthouse I started in Persepolis is because we will be moving our Palace at sometime and we will need a Courthouse there thern.

I suggest keeping the Germans as a Vassel state now they are down to only 3 cities. Our attack force of 11 Cavalry is in Berlin. Once we have our first Wonder we can think of changing to Democracy. We are also only 3 Sciences from the Industrial Age.

Good luck Hobbes.

Edit to delete attachment

Originally posted by Belisarius
Sorry I had a bit of trouble getting finished so quickly with my turn coming so fast but here it is.

Sell Banking to Germans for 75 gold plus 8 gold per turn and maps. Germans remain furious.

1170AD (13)
We attack Heidelburg with 2 Cavalry and capture it and 11 gold. We attack Konigsberg with 2 Cavalry and capture it with 12 gold. We attack Berlin with 3 Cavalry and capture it with 12 gold. One Cavalry becomes elite. We attack Hannover with 4 Cavalry (1 dies) and capture it with 12 gold.

This above is very dangerous on reputations and AI attitudes. I have read that one of the worst things to do is 20 turn deals and break them with you declaring war.

If you plan war, please NO 20 turn deals.

From 1250 to 1330 my turns went like this: Build road, build mine, irrigate, chop wood, clear jungle, move workers, tell Japanese to leave our territory :sleep:. Did a few trades, but nothing special. Built J.S Bach's :D, Decided that we needed to catch up in the wonders race, so we have ASTC and Newtons in progress. We are still building a palace, but hopefully that will be replaced with Universal Suffrage when we discover Industrialization (will need it). As soon as we discovered magnetism we went to the next age, and with Nationalism, I have started upgrading our pike and musket men to riflemen.

Well, back to what happened after 1330. After telling the Japanese to remove their troops for the tenth time, they finally declared war. Since the Indians were still upset with them from the last war, I managed to get them to come in on our side for Physics (he wanted Military Tradition also, but I bargained him down). Well, right after this the Zulu's declared war on us, so we now have a two front war (bad news). The good news is that we have taken two Japanese cities,
:sniper::ninja:
and one of these cities has an iron deposit (the former Indian city of Lashore). Also, the best the Zulu's have sent at us are swordsmen, longbow men and Impi's (good training for our mighty Persian cavalry ). Right now, we are in the process of upgrading our military to riflemen, so I have been fighting a hit and run war against the Zulu's with our cavalry. With the discovery of steam power, and a source of coal, I have started building our railroad network. I have had to move the workers away from the borders, but we should be able to still build a few main lines so that we can ferry our troops around. We need to complete the road to Lashore, and get a riflemen there for defense. Without a source of iron (I think this was their only source) the Japanese should have a tough time building any decent units.

Here is a thought, and it depends on how strong the French are. We have an existing trade with the French for iron that we can cancel at any time (did not want to renew with only two iron). Now that we have three iron, lets see if we can set up a trade with the French that is to our advantage and the Zulu's and Japanese disadvantage. If not, shop that iron around to who can help us the most and cancel the treaty with the French.

Up next - Pggar

"interesting is one word for it". Two front war with no troops near Zululand last I knew :crazyeyes

Well hopefully Pggar can clean this up. Fighting 2 countries at once could get rough.

Before I've even started my turn, I ran some diplomatic agreements, and now all nations have trade embargoes against the Zulus and the Japanese, except for China that keeps trade relations with Japan. I gave Theoty of Gravity to the Indians in exchange to the Zulu embargo + 21gold/turn.
Other diplomatic agreements:
-Increased the French iron treaty.
- Open dyes treaty with china.
- Gave wmap and dyes to the germans to improve our reputation. Didn't work. They are really hurt and still furious.

1360 - India and France sign military alliance against Japan. Made peace with Japan (India annoyed). Two fronts war wasn't going pretty well.
1370 - Finished Industrialization. Heading now to Scietific Method (Medicine). Conquered Ngome.
1375 - Newton's University built in Persepopolis.
1390 - Germany and Japan sign military alliance against India. Smith's Trading Company finished in Lagash. Zimbabwe captured (Pyramids). Ulundi captured.
1395 - Isandhlwana conquered.
1400 - Bapedi conquered.
1405 - Great leader Darius created in Mpondo battle. Mpondo captured. Intombe captured.

The Zulus are almost finished. If you're a peacemoger, you can enter into an agreement with them. I say let's destroy them. The great leader is in Persepolis. You should decide what you want do do with him. There's no need to rush Universal Suffrage since it'll be completed in 8 turns and no other civ has researched Industrialization yet. It's obvious what kind of victory we should try.

[plasma] Conquest!! :rocket:

Here's the file.

Railnets and industrialization in 1410. Pity this is a conquest game. There is no question that we could have a space race, something I haven't seen in a succession game.

I agree, this will turn out to be a military victory. However, I hope for domination, not conquest. I want those culture buildings and borders locks quickly. Killing the last few cities is very boring.

1420 - Umfolozi falls.

1425 - Tugela falls.

1430 - The rampaging Japanese forces have destroyed the French.

1435 - Swazi is destroyed - stupid patch :mad: I know where the new settler is going. Double iron is to hard to resist.

1445 - Universal sufferage is built. Bapedi falls. Zulu falls.

1450 - We form a new city called Tyre.

1485 - We lose and gain a coal source. :rolleyes: Lagash begins Iron Works :)

The great leader is still in Persepolis. We are so far ahead, not sure how to use him

Up next - jc011

Top Bottom