Suggestions and requests

Something I thought of a while ago: What if we had a 3 :food: tile, and used it in place of grassland at relatively more fertile places? For example the riverine plains of India and China could have it; it makes no sense that the Ganga plain gives the same amount of food as Siberia or Mongolia.

(The Ganges plain has a lot more food than that because it is all floodplains.)

Is it? I thought it was only the lower part of the plain and the delta.

Then what about China?

They have rice?

Some suggestions concerning wonders:

Wonder changes
Mount Rushmore: allows all your units to enter rival borders without open borders agreement.
Requires Republic, Standing Army

New wonder suggestions
Krupp Steel Works
Cost: 500
Requirements: Steel
GPP: +2 Great Engineer
-50% :hammers:
+150% military unit production speed
+5 experience to siege units

Delta Works
Cost: 1150
Requirements: Ecology, Industrialism
GPP: +1 Great Engineer
Requires access to coast
+1:commerce: to coast, river tile
Attacking across river in own territory gives a +10% bonus instead of the current -25% malus, units attacking you across rivers in your own territory receive an additional -25% malus

Lenin's Mausoleum
Cost: 650
Requirements: Communism
GPP: +1 Great Artist
Requires Central Planning
+100% :traderoute: from vassals, domestic
+3 diplomatic modifier towards your own vassals

Golden Gate Bridge
Cost: 800
Requirements: Computers
GPP: +1 Great Scientist
Requires Free Market
+1 free Scientist, Engineer
Spreads Computer Industry to the city
Doubles Computer Industry yield, halves unhappiness/unhealthiness from Computer Industry

Panama Canal
Requirements: Medicine
GPP: +1 Great Engineer
Requires Coastal access to at least 4 tiles
+2 traderoutes
Double movement speed on coast

Lenin's Mausoleum
Cost: 650
Requirements: Communism
GPP: +1 Great Artist
Requires Central Planning
+100% :traderoute: from vassals, domestic
+3 diplomatic modifier towards your own vassals

I think the traderoute bonus is too much. But the wonder could help Russia win their UHV.

They have rice?

But not too many. The rest of the land is fertile too, right?

Also, it would be great if we had a stability graph:D

Mount Rushmore: allows all your units to enter rival borders without open borders agreement.
Requires Republic, Standing Army

All civs seems OP. How is it even related?

Krupp Steel Works
Requirements: Steel
GPP: +2 Great Engineer
-50% :hammers:
+150% military unit production speed
+5 experience to siege units

Why the -50%?

Still, the others look good.

I've thought about this, but what do you actually want to graph? Stability levels or stability scores?

The problem with scores is that they're only calculated when a check is performed, which prompts the question what to display for all other turns.

I've thought about this, but what do you actually want to graph? Stability levels or stability scores?

The problem with scores is that they're only calculated when a check is performed, which prompts the question what to display for all other turns.

Plot the stability scores on the turns that they are checked, and then just join them.

The graph defaults to zero for turns that aren't logged. But I guess I could always log the last recorded stability value in case there hasn't been a check.

The graph defaults to zero for turns that aren't logged. But I guess I could always log the last recorded stability value in case there hasn't been a check.

On average, how often do stability checks happen?

1.12 version history said:
discovering a tech, changing civics, losing/acquiring a city, starting wars, making peace

If these are the only events, then I would guess they occur every 3-5 turns. The graph would somewhat look like this:

Not bad. The graph would probably changing a lot in turbulent times (city capture, war decs, anarchy). It will reveal a lot about the game.

Yep, that looks alright I suppose, it's more a technical question of when to do the logging so that all events that could possibly trigger a check have already occurred.

(There's a phase of immunity to stability checks after you've experienced a crisis, by the way.)

That Mount Rushmore idea is really, out there and has nothing to do with Mount Rushmore. It also is way too overpowered.

The reasoning behind this is that you shouldn't be able to counter the unhappiness from the new religions with pagan temples. Sure it's an oversimplification, but I think overall a good incentive to convert as well as a fair representation of how religions replaced polytheistic paganism.

While it provides a good incentive to convert, it is not a fair representation of how religions replaced polytheistic paganism, at least as regards Christianity. Christianity was highly resented for being a novelty by the Romans, as well as for other reasons such as Christians refusing to join the army and refusing to participate in the pagan tradition. Christianity took three centuries to become legalized in the Roman Empire-- since its mere spread provides all the incentive needed to convert, there is no reason why Rome would not convert immediately, which is not at all historical. I think that a more historically accurate and interesting solution could be devised-- perhaps with an event (Xty has spread to City A, do you wish to persecute them (it remains but does not replace the pagan temple), ignore it (it may or may not replace the pagan temple), or embrace them (converts the pagan temple to a Xtn Church).

That Mount Rushmore idea is really, out there and has nothing to do with Mount Rushmore. It also is way too overpowered.

Oh, I forgot this would allow you to DoW and immediately take cities. I was more thinking along the lines of moving your troops across neutral lands to tackle a rival without having to ask permission.

Has nothing to do with Mount Rushmore? Since when does the effect always stem for the wonder itself? All right, CERN improves research and building a commercial district (stock exchange) increases wealth, but how does a fricking gate give you more military geniuses or does a wall slow down enemies after they pass it?

The Mount Rushmore idea was half a jest at the fact that America seems to be able to invade Afghanistan through a cautious Pakistan.

We're allies with Pakistan, though.

I don't see what you mean about the commercial district or CERN, either. CERN is a leading organization for atomic research, so it -would- help promote geniuses. Meanwhile, a commercial district makes it easier for merchants to buy and sell.

I don't see what you mean about the commercial district or CERN, either. CERN is a leading organization for atomic research, so it -would- help promote geniuses. Meanwhile, a commercial district makes it easier for merchants to buy and sell.

Yes, those two do indeed do IRL what they do in-game, they were concessions on my part that some wonders indeed work in-game as they do IRL. The other two examples show that some wonders do not work in-game as they do IRL. I stated the former two to partially accept your point that wonders should completely represent their IRL effect, and the latter two to partially debunk it.

We're allies with Pakistan, though.

Their links with the Taliban prove they aren't exactly Pleased with you.
Also, fun RFC-DoC fact: some civilizations are willing to sign DPacts at Annoyed!

Being a superpower must really screw with your perception of what the word ally means.

In DoC too, you can have open borders with people who don't like you. Isn't Casimir willing to negotiate almost always?

Top Bottom