1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Vectors

Vectors Chieftain

Doing that for cottages would completely break a number of countries such as India

2. Hightower

Hightower Chieftain

That wouldn't solve the issue - you can (and usually either the human or the AI does, in my experience) get conquerors before Astronomy, as it's Optics that allows trans-oceanic travel.

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Break as in make them over- or underpowered?

4. Shadow Warlord

Shadow Warlord Chieftain

There are instances where the AI beelines Astronomy but completely ignores Gunpowder. In my opinion it's a matter of teaching the AI to beeline Gunpowder first, but it's hard to keep them from exploring once they get their caravels.

5. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Galleons use cannons, right?

Edit: but caravels dont. Nvm

6. cudfather

cudfather Chieftain

@ezzlar: That strengthens the point of having Gunpowder as the prerequisite for Astronomy.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

7. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn has some very high quality leaderheads. Dido and Basil replace already-existing ones in DoC. Surely it's worth checking out? :please:

(I also recall an amazing Isabella on some other mod, but I can't recall which. Oh well.)

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh, good to know. Will have a look at their LHs.

9. cudfather

cudfather Chieftain

Wasn't that Isabella in RFCE++?

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

AND uses the standard Isabella. I found none of their leaders really convincing, the Basil in DoC looks definitely better than theirs. Dido looks nice, but isn't actually used in DoC (Phoenicia uses Hiram, Hannibal).

11. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I've never played it, so I assume it's not the only place. Both download links are broken unfortunately.

Yeah, I know. I didn't say they had her.

I could have sworn earlier that she was in DoC... I'm now just mixing up mods in my head. :crazyeye:

Anyway, there seem to be a lot more leaderheads available than exist in DoC. Why not use more of them? Is it just a matter of being difficult to put in?

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Way back there was an Elishat/Dido.

Putting them in is easy. In DoC it's mostly a question of fitting certain leaders in. They should not change too quickly because I think it is important that players can identify them with their civilization at least for a while. If I talk to Russia once and it's Peter and next time it's Catherine things already become problematic imo.

I've combed through the database many times and there aren't many that I think are possible to add.

13. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Maybe make Global Congresses occur more often in the game?

14. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

This mod also have a lot of interesting ideas, like revolutions in the cities that are far from capital, combining resources and make new one in specific building in the city (bricks, steel) or add happiness and healthy not directly from resource but from specific building in the city which make sense. (i.e. to get happiness from gold, silver and gems you need to build jeweler building and so on). This could be field for future changes in the game.

15. Hojsimpson

Hojsimpson Chieftain

Something like Augustus Caesar of The Romans, The Romans or something like that can help you with the Who's who minigame, who's want to trade with me, who's at war with who.. etc so there wil be no problem with the leaders

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, I have been thinking along those lines as well. But it's not something I'm going to touch in the immediate future.

17. emidurand

emidurand Chieftain

Great mod! Really! I've played it many times and I think it's the most complete. I've some idea to complete definitely the mod but I can't manage Python or other thing like Sdk or other utilities. The only thing i can handle is the xml section. I've played with many modmods and I think this add could be the best for RFC - Doc. :D

- Influence Driven mod: If the cultural borders is too difficult to insert in, I think this could be a great substitute. War should have the power to shift borders (and resources...) also without conquering a city.

- More ethnical unit, based also on the era. I mean: musketman have a different graphic for each civ, but sometimes it's not accurate. I've found musketman in the 19th century who rappresent an army of 2 previous centuries. Another units is not necessary. Example: Usa musketman could be represented as an english musketman in the early phase, as an american minutemen in the late phase. In this way, rifleman coul be represented as Union Infantry of 1861-65. The same for the other civ. I don't know if it's clear. :D

- A great mod to add in could be the "Caravans II+ and Merchant Fleets II mod". I think it should be very important to direct my food caravans into cities I would really expand. I explain: I would like to see New York as a real metropolis, with many millions people. This is blocked by the lack of food, considering I've Boston and Washington near New York's plots. If I could build cities over grain or other food resources, I could send many cargo of food to my capitals or bigger city! It could be fantastic! Imagine, I could build colonies in Africa, sending many food to London, for example, allowing the exponential growth of my metropolis. :D

These are my suggestions, but I don't know how merge them with the mod, so...thank you very much If my ideas could be appreciated. :D ;)

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks! XML contributions, especially texts, are still very valuable.

I've only recently talking about influence driven wars, I don't really think they fit with the theme and scale of the mod. And the ability to transport food would have too severe consequences on the balance of the map.

19. emidurand

emidurand Chieftain

Clear! :D What do u think about the creation of repeatable buildings? Buildings who can emulate the import of food? Just like a supermarket, but with a loss of money. For example, for every building, +2 food -2 gold? Maybe some building who can emulate the food corporations, but completely managed by player. I've seen also some mod who import food from trade routes, with building who increase the rate of import. A building who can increase this traffic? Could be a solution to avoid any consequence.

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I think that would be even worse, because it increases the overall amount of food in the game ... food really is the most precious resource in the game because everything else derives from it. I'd rather not change how it can be produced fundamentally.