Suggestions and Requests

DoC has language maps, because civs can share a language or can have multiple (fallback) languages. I also already have an mechanism in place to init DLL objects from Python (e.g. stability values), I just think it's excessive to do that for display purposes only.

I thought adding the preset maps to the .dll on startup, and accessing those stored values ingame (preferably only when a settler is selected) wouldn't take a heavy toll on computers.
Am I mistaken here?

Performance probably not, but I'm wary of increasing the memory footprint without good reason.

Scenario design question. The German (Prussian) national territory works in kind of fishy ways. I understand that upon entering the Modern Era, East Prussia is supposed to change away from Core status. This means that Königsberg moves from the denominator to the numerator, providing a huge change in territory-based stability. Intended? Maybe change to historical area? Or are we such big fans of Generalplan Ost after all, to make up for this? Not that it would make too much sense historically, since the latter was part of a war policy while Königsberg was still considered core.

Another detail in change of national territory is that upon entering Modern Era, core territory is added in the south east. Did Germany magically aquire Salzburg after WWII?

Thank you for your attention to users' requests, and to historical detail ;)

Is Königsberg not historical after the change? It is supposed to be, the intention is only to remove it from the core. The whole idea behind this effect is to reflect the loss of Germany's eastern territory after the world wars and their transition to being reclaimed/settled by other cultural groups. In game the smaller core also makes expansionism harder, so you are encouraged to win the second goal as early as possible, and possibly liberate some territory afterwards while focusing on the research goal.

The south eastern extension is not intentional though.

I got to play around with the CNM tooltip and it seems to work.
Civ4ScreenShot0052.JPG

I got to play around with the CNM tooltip and it seems to work.
View attachment 465932
Oh, nice. How did you do it? Best way to show me is a pull request :)

Leoreth, I'm certain Königsberg is in yellowland, contested area.
Contested means historical area, but it is in the core of another civ. (I assume Poland)
Correct. Aside from cultural concerns, it is treated the same as historical (i.e. denominator but with a low multiplier).

Every day something new to learn :D

I rest my case then, except for the Innviertel area ;)

When you liberate a Civ you should have the option to do so as a puppet/satellite state (Russia/Poland, Napoleonic client states, early British Commonwealth Canada, America/Korea, China/tributary states, etc etc) that starts as a vassal and has your same or similar civics

Oh okay, will give it a look when I'm home. Here is your DLL if you want to test it yourself too.

When you liberate a Civ you should have the option to do so as a puppet/satellite state (Russia/Poland, Napoleonic client states, early British Commonwealth Canada, America/Korea, China/tributary states, etc etc) that starts as a vassal and has your same or similar civics
I really like this idea, could make late game world-wars interesting as you "liberate" territory.

Ok. I didn't know if you wanted me to include it, because IIRC there is some auto compilation. I was afraid it would cause some errors if I included the DLL itself. Do you want me to reupload the PR with the DLL included?

I always include DLLs in my commits ... it shouldn't be necessary to create a new PR, you can simply push a new commit with the DLL.

Thanks!

Top Bottom