Suggestions and Requests

Don't they (with the VD module)?

With VD there are custom looks for GGs, but I think there is one model for all male, european, middle ages GG

Oh, too bad. I might expand on that at some point but for now, covering all the new units is already enough work.

Good point, no there isn't. Scripting around Judaism is mostly to make sure the original diaspora happens, with no accounting for the New World.

Could the tiles of Sri Lanka be removed as spawning points for the various Indian barbarians? AI Tamils can easily lose their iron supply and be basically incapable of striking back especially if they haven't yet put a road on the spice tile. Nothing they have can put a dent in a swordsman on a hill with an amphibious penalty. Even for the player it's more frustrating than fun and pretty much requires you to have a unit on each tile just to avoid it.

Another suggestion for the map:
Move the Lisbon's fish 1W to make Lisbon more useful city for human player.

In the current map you can get all the resources from Hispania without Lisbon, either by founding Santiago 1S or Cordoba 1W.
Moving the fish also make sure that it isn't never stolen by foreign culture.
Also the national fish dish of Portugal is Bacalhau(codfish) which lives in the open sea.

Note that 2nd ring sea resource requires a good amount of culture, e.g. Brisbane crab. So this is bad news for Portugal.

Moreover, no Spain would give up a core city just for the fish, so I'm against the change.

Note that 2nd ring sea resource requires a good amount of culture, e.g. Brisbane crab. So this is bad news for Portugal.

Brisbane's crab is in ocean tile.
2nd ring coast fish tile takes only 10 culture, which capital can reach quite fast.

Brisbane's crab is in ocean tile.
2nd ring coast fish tile takes only 10 culture, which capital can reach quite fast.
I thought it was ocean. Regardless, it's still bad for Portugal, though it matters little as most of the time you're not playing as Portugal so a debuff on them is OK.

founding Santiago 1S or Cordoba 1W.
Both of these spots are not core for Spain. 1S of Santiago is a corn. There's no reason why anyone would want to settle these two spots.

Edit: well actually 1W of Cordoba is core for Spain. Would Spain raze Cordoba though?

Last edited:
Indonesia starts with Monarchy, but I think it would be more appropriate if they started with Despotism, considering that their UB benefits from it, and it is more useful to their strategy.

-using Second release-

Couple of suggestions, if I may.

1700 AD Japan has only Buddhism while Korea also has Confucionism. But flourishing of Neo-Confucianism was the major intellectual development of the Tokugawa period. Confucian studies had long been kept active in Japan by Buddhist clerics, but during the Tokugawa period, Confucianism emerged from Buddhist religious control. This system of thought increased attention to a secular view of man and society. The ethical humanism, rationalism, and historical perspective of neo-Confucian doctrine appealed to the official class. By the mid-17th century, neo-Confucianism was Japan's dominant legal philosophy and contributed directly to the development of the kokugaku (national learning) school of thought. Maybe add second religion to Japanese cities and adjust religious civics? Theocracy is not right one for this era, because Tokugawa shogunate not only consolidated their control over a reunified Japan, they also had unprecedented power over the emperor, the court, all daimyōs and the religious orders. And while we at this, can we also replace some of the Musketmen with Samurai just for historical flavor? Because for Edo period samurai became the unchallenged rulers of Japan.

Second suggestion is about Far East Russia. I know we already have Vladivostok event, but most of the time Russia never claims her Easternmost land. In particular, it would be nice to see Petropavlovsk every now and then -- considering the important role it played during the Crimean war. Perhaps just like with Australia and England we could have Congress options for Russia to settle cities like Petropavlovsk and Magadan.

Last edited:
The settler maps has the tile, that Petropavlovsk would most accurately be settled on, as Ozernovskiy, too, so maybe that could be changed too if there was going to be a congress event. I definitely like the idea of that mechanic being applied to Far East Russia, perhaps it could be applied to Far Western US and Canada, and Amazonian Brazil too, as these regions often never get cities in many games.

There needs to be a fix for Babylon stealing Egypt's historical wonders (Sphinx and Pyramids) and vice versa (Hanging Gardens and Ishtar Gates). I'd suggest making the Egyptian wonders require Egypt's starting civics (Monarchy and Redistribution) so that it's harder for Babylon to get them before Egypt does.

I second expanding the possibilities for requests during congresses. I also think congresses should be more frequent. And possibly revisit post-war congresses to allow claims that are not directly related to the war: these congresses usually accomplish nothing.

There needs to be a fix for Babylon stealing Egypt's historical wonders (Sphinx and Pyramids) and vice versa (Hanging Gardens and Ishtar Gates). I'd suggest making the Egyptian wonders require Egypt's starting civics (Monarchy and Redistribution) so that it's harder for Babylon to get them before Egypt does.

Why? There needs to be some competition. Too many wonders already have only one potential builder.

Why? There needs to be some competition. Too many wonders already have only one potential builder.

True, but they have a point on Pyramids and Sphinx, it's a miracle if I can somehow get both of them. Maybe the Sphinx could require another wonder in the city it's built in, to balance out the fact that it's unlocked by a Tier 1 Tech.

Shouldn't the Sphinx come first for a player that is trying to play historically, though?

Top Bottom